PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding after D&C

2boysJustOneGirl
December 26th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Just wondering how long to expect this spotting to stick around for. The doctor said a couple days- it's been that since the procedure. (I have bleeding for a week already)and I am done with it. I hate wearing pads and I just feel gross and sick of the reminder of what is lost.

maidentomother
December 26th, 2014, 11:16 AM
I had very minimal spotting for a few days max after both my D&Cs (I was 8w along both times), but I also naturally gave a very short & light AF, so I don't know if that plays a role. I hope the spotting stops soon, endless spotting is very annoying. Vitex makes me spot for 5+ days after AF.

tm29
December 26th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Oh wow - we're both going through this. I'm actually still bleeding 16 days on, so I'm going to get checked out on Monday. I was told it's normal for about two weeks. I really hope it stops for you much sooner than it has for me. Like you say, it's a constant reminder. Awful.

I'm just so sorry that you went through this. If it helps, I found the few days after it were my darkest time. I've grown a little stronger and more positive every day since. Gearing up to start swaying (blue) again and ttc in late feb/early March - as long as my cycle returns ok.

I found out at the 12 week scan - no heartbeat. Biggest shock I've ever had. I'm just so sorry for whatever you went through - it must have been horrible and so, so disappointing. It may be something that happens to a lot of women, but it feels EXTRAORDINARILY bad when it happens.

Hugs and understanding.

2boysJustOneGirl
December 26th, 2014, 03:27 PM
That's awful tm29. What a horrible surprise.

16 days?!? Oh no. I really hope this isn't the case for me. As Maiden said, ongoing spotting is just so annoying.

eleena2014
December 26th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Mine went on for about 14 days and I think even after that I had brown discharge.

atomic sagebrush
December 27th, 2014, 10:11 AM
I would be taking my temperature regularly for as long as the spotting continues. Occasionally they don't get everything and/or there could be infection that is preventing healing, and it is nothing to mess around with.

tm29
January 1st, 2015, 09:42 AM
Just wanted to update you - my bleeding went on for so long because they hadn't finished the job properly. I had to have it done a second time. It was an erpc, not a d and c. So I'm sure you'll be in a very different position from me. Hopefully you're already ok and moving forward :)

atomic sagebrush
January 1st, 2015, 12:46 PM
Thank you for updating TM - that keeps the threads extremely useful and I very much apreciate your time doing that. :)

Hope you are feeling ok, I know that was no fun.