PDA

View Full Version : what is happening with me??

Rosie85
January 5th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Hello ladies. I hope everyone is well. I am hoping someone can help me. I had a really late ovulation last cycle...day 19 of 30 day cycle and my cycles have been inconsistent. I got my period the 29th of dec and stopped bleeding January 2nd. Today i have terrible pains and i am suddenly spotting again. I have never ever ever had this happen. What is this??? What does it mean to start bleeding again a couple days after your period with pain...sharp pains. Anyone else get this??

mommymachine
January 5th, 2015, 04:07 PM
COuld it be ovulation spotting? Have you taken an OPK?

Rosie85
January 5th, 2015, 04:12 PM
No...i ran out of opks. I am cd8 so i assume it isnt that since i ovulated day 19 last month but who knows. Maybe i should search around and see if i can find one. My order from amazon comes in two days.

essnce629
January 6th, 2015, 03:57 AM
Are you still breastfeeding? I had a few cycles where I had random mid-cycle spotting when DS1 was down to nursing one time a day. I had it for 2 or 3 cycles and then it resolved itself and DS weaned soon after at 24 months.

Did you ever get your thyroid checked? A "full thyroid panel including antibodies." Thyroid issues can cause mid-cycle spotting as well. When I had the spotting when breastfeeding I had my thyroid checked, but all was fine.

I've had ovulation spotting a handful of times, but it's usually mixed in with eggwhite cm.

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2015, 12:55 PM
Yes, it's happened to me quite a few times (and not when I was swaying.) Sometimes not all the lining comes off and it can be like ripping open a scab, the rest of it comes off and then it kind of hurts becuase it was healed over. That seems the most likely to me. Another option is that it came from your cervix, there was a little wound from DTD or a bad BM (sorry for TMI there but it happens!) and the bleeding is from the cervix. A third option is that you have a fibroid (which is not dangerous 99 times out of 100 it's perfectly fine) and that can sometimes cause midcycle spotting.

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Are you still breastfeeding? I had a few cycles where I had random mid-cycle spotting when DS1 was down to nursing one time a day. I had it for 2 or 3 cycles and then it resolved itself and DS weaned soon after at 24 months.

Did you ever get your thyroid checked? A "full thyroid panel including antibodies." Thyroid issues can cause mid-cycle spotting as well. When I had the spotting when breastfeeding I had my thyroid checked, but all was fine.

I've had ovulation spotting a handful of times, but it's usually mixed in with eggwhite cm.

:agree: that was usually when I had it too, although I also had it several times when I was a teenager, I had a very irregular cycle from when I got my AF till I went onto BCP at age 18 to regulate it (serioulsy - don't do that)