PDA

View Full Version : progesterone...The Dreaded hormone...help!

SweetLily
January 5th, 2015, 05:16 PM
So I'm on P suppositories. OUCH! my poor hoo - ha is burning like I have a YI. I can't even have sex it's so bad! Any help for this?

Next, ZITS. they're like one giant pizza face. Gone is the perfect skin I always had!

And smell--seriously, do these cause increased sense of smell like in pregnancy? I can smell EVERYTHING.

I have a host of other side effects (like ALL OF THEM) but can cope with those.

I'm using them for hormone balancing do do and I can ttc. I only have a few more days this cycle but do them every month...and once I get a bfp possibly for the whole pregnancy. Any help would be so appreciated.

covered in blue
January 5th, 2015, 05:52 PM
Oh sorry that sounds awful! I don't have any experience with them but I seem to remember some of the HT girls talking about doing them anally. I would talk to you pharmacist and or doctor if possible.

atomic sagebrush
January 7th, 2015, 02:11 PM
Tell me more about the "hormone balancing". Is this with an MD or a naturopath type of person?

I have recently had a client who was doing "hormone balancing" with a naturopath and ended up rendering herself unable to conceive and with progesterone much higher than normal. Several other swayers have also messed things up trying to "balance hormones". HOrmones are not suposed to be "balanced" they are supposed to fluctuate, that's how they work.

Naturopaths put a lot of stock into a medical condition called "estrogen dominance" which may not even exist and the treatment is to bombard the body with sky high levels of progesterone which is NOT going to help you get pregnant. They also give out herbs for this "condition" which may be harmful to fertility and up odds of miscarriages. NOt saying doctors have all the answers but just that my experience has been that the "hormone balancing" is largely a scam that has caused big issues for people.

It is unusual to use prog supps for an entire pregnancy and many doctors are moving away from them all together as studies have shown pretty definitively that they don't help sustain pregnancy. (I'm not saying you shouldn't use them, I understand how you would want to try everything given your history of losses). I just want to make sure you're getting the right kind of care to help you get successfully pregnant.

SweetLily
January 8th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I am being given bioidentical hormones, both estrogen and progresterone in my LP because they are both too low to maintain pregnancy at all. The progesterone is suppositories and the estrogen is pills. its from the fertility clinic.

Thanks both of you!

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2015, 12:52 PM
:agree: Ok perfect, sorry I just had to be sure because the expression "hormone balancing" has often come along with a lot of trouble LOL.

honeybee
February 17th, 2015, 04:27 AM
My progesterone was an 11 when i got my BFP, and the RE put me on suppositories to get it bumped up. I cantrememher the brand, but they had no side effects! I hope you get balanced soon, and your BFP even sooner!