PDA

View Full Version : OB couldn't make out Gender on 15.5 week Ultrasound

July2015
January 8th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Hello,
I had an appointment with my OB today and he always does an ultrasound in his office (a great perk!). I was hoping to find out some gender clues today but as usual... nothing!! I got a great shot of my baby in my 12 week ultrasound but no nub. I just can't catch a break! The suspense is killing me! Anyhow, I thought I saw a blob of something at one point in the crotch area but the bum was down against my uterus so he couldn't get between the legs for a potty shot. We only saw profile pictures. My question is, if it were a boy, do you think I would be able to see the penis sticking up from a profile shot?? Is a "blob" usually a penis? I realize these are kind of impossible questions to answer but I just need to talk to someone about it! xx

bunnywabbit
January 8th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Unfortunately to say for sure we'd need to see a picture. Sorry, so frustrating...

Princess Mom
January 8th, 2015, 06:21 PM
Do you go back soon? Hope u get ur girl

mommymachine
January 8th, 2015, 06:23 PM
It is so hard to say without a picture. I can say that DS2 hid gender completely at his 18 week scan. So boys can hid it too.

July2015
January 15th, 2015, 07:45 PM
3D gender determination ultrasound this Saturday!! Fingers crossed! But honestly, I will just be so happy to know either way.

True Blue
January 15th, 2015, 07:47 PM
Good Luck, I hope baby co-operates and you hear girl ;)

July2015
January 15th, 2015, 07:51 PM
Thanks True Blue :) Yes, this baby had better cooperate! No nub in my 12 week ultrasound and my doctor tried very hard to determine the gender at 15 weeks but the baby wouldn't cooperate... it's time!

July2015
January 21st, 2015, 03:59 PM
Just wanted to update you that we are expecting another Boy. I was upset for 24 hours and now I feel that I am at peace. Really excited :) Good luck to all of you!

Sarah4girl
January 22nd, 2015, 07:04 AM
Congrats July! Enjoy your new son. X