PDA

View Full Version : New Here...gearing up for GD

doulagirl
January 8th, 2015, 09:10 PM
I am almost 14 weeks pregnant with baby #5. DH and I have boy, girl, boy, boy. I am really hoping for a girl, and my daughter is of course really wanting a sister. I got an u/s yesterday and of course have tried to figure out what it could be from a potty shot. The u/s tech wouldn't try for a nub shot (but the doctor who came in later, humored me with a few potty shots). Anyway, the doctor said he'd lean towards boy...but wouldn't be shocked if it was a girl.

I posted my pic on a FB group and a u/s tech there said the pics weren't clear, but she said girl. But only slightly, like 52/48 girl/boy. So I search online hoping to find a similar looking pic that was confirmed a girl. Then my friend comes over to look at it, and says her son's u/s looked like that, so early on. So I've been on a rollercoaster of emotions. I know I need to just assume it's a boy and focus on that.

I was going to get an u/s on the 17th, but since we did the Harmony test, we are canceling that appointment to save some money. After thinking over it more, I think it's best that I learn the gender in my own home, where I don't have to fake a big smile. You know?

Anyway, one thing that I hope will help me, is that DH and I are only discussing boy names. I refuse to spend time on girl names, until we find out it's a girl. DH doesn't fully understand, but I think having a good boy name ready will help me.

Going to stores after finding out my last was a boy was hard for me. I would tear up seeing racks and racks of girl clothes...and a tiny selection of boy clothes.

Sorry for the long kind of rambly post....I have about 2 weeks to wait on my Harmony results. I'm afraid the days will crawl.

Adia
January 10th, 2015, 04:03 PM
Time certainly crawls when your future swings in the balance.

What you are doing is what a lot of us have done. We picked out a name for another of the gender we already had and worked hard to convince ourselves that we were not getting out desired gender.

Did you post the potty shots on here? WE have some amazing guessers. 14 weeks is usually pretty clear. Let us have a look if you haven't posted yet.

Did you sway? Will this be your last baby?

doulagirl
January 10th, 2015, 09:33 PM
I tried posting, but it wouldn't let me for some reason. They are not great pics, but I may try again. From the nub shots I've gotten both boy and girl and "I don't see anything" guesses. lol

Yes, this is our last. Here's our story... :)

Last spring, I was really wanting to try for #5, so DH and I prayed about it a lot. I ended up getting pregnant not because we were really trying, but because we weren't preventing too much. Turns out I had a chemical pregnancy (horrible name for an early pregnancy...sounds like it wasn't real). I didn't bleed for a couple weeks, and my midwife ran a blood test. I found out I had hypothyroidism, which causes miscarriage. So...a few months later after getting on meds, I get pregnant again and lost the baby once more. I was pretty discouraged, and we decided to put trying for another baby on hold for now. Well...we dtd once and it was a couple days before ovulation (based on the opks). I didn't know at the time where I was I my cycle...I thought we were ok.

I was a nervous wreck those first few weeks, till I was certain my baby was sticking. I had prayed that if God wanted us to have another baby He was going to have to keep the baby safe,(before I got pregnant this time) and here I am at 14 weeks. It's a longer story, but I won't bore you. lol!

All in all, I am a Christian and believe God is in control. And I can rest it that...but that doesn't mean my emotions aren't all over the place sometimes. So, no we didn't sway (I'm not against it). One thing that has me a little hopeful is the timing. 2 days before ovulation I believe, is good for girls - right?

And it's so nice to come here and have people who understand! This is something that can be very looked down upon.

Adia
January 13th, 2015, 10:32 PM
We certainly understand both the anxiety of the unknown and the disappointment of not getting our desired gender. Keep us posted.