PDA

View Full Version : BFP two weeks after my miscarriage

2boysJustOneGirl
January 8th, 2015, 09:54 PM
I am happy to say I am pregnant again! After my loss on December 22 I had so many emotions about TTC again but I am now so happy we tried! The loss of my confirmed baby girl at 10+3 weeks was absolutely the worst thing I have ever had to endure- with that I learned a lot about myself and just how little control any of us have over our fate. I am wiser and stronger with this very early pregnancy and thankful I was so lucky to conceive so quickly as I know many are not so fortunate.

We did technically did sway for this attempt- loosely I suppose, as we didn't have much time before I ovulated to start anything too much. Praying this babe is penis free and healthy:)

nuthinbutpink
January 8th, 2015, 10:22 PM
How is it possible to have a BFP already? I apologize for not knowing all the details but if you lost the baby on the 22, did you have time to ovulate yet? Did you monitor your HCG back to zero after the miscarriage?

I hope it's a try BFP but that's really fast to lose one and immediately ovulate!

2boysJustOneGirl
January 8th, 2015, 10:42 PM
I know! It seems crazy but apparently it has happened before. The miscarriage started on the 20th and I had a D&C on the 23rd. I spotted for a few days and ovulated right quick- the 30th or 31st according to symptoms. I had a negative preg test on Jan 1 or 2nd and a negative opk. I felt a lot of cramping on the 4th. 5th and 6th so I rechecked my OPK and Hcg and they were negative- I thought maybe I had ovulated at that time but I now I guess it was implantation.

I thinks this all happened so fast bc I believe the fetus died about 4-5 days before I started bleeding. So the hormones would have began to plummet at that point.

essnce629
January 8th, 2015, 11:25 PM
Did you ever use a FRER to gage your HCG going down? I only ask because my internet cheapie tests looked negative like your cheapies did, but then when I did a FRER it still looked like a 10dpo BFP like yours did, but I knew it was still left over HCG in my system. It's just that the FRER tests are sooo sensitive. And that was about 3 weeks after my 7 week miscarriage (AF came 35 days after m/c). My HCG was at 15 and then I O'd about a week later (confirmed with a +opk).

I'd get in right away to make sure your HCG is going up, to make sure it's indeed a new pregnancy.

Are your internet cheapie pregnancy tests positive and darker than before?

I've definitely heard of women getting pregnant 2 weeks after a miscarriage, but that's because they ovulate 2 weeks after their miscarriage, which means they'd get their BFP around 4 weeks after miscarriage.

kitkat18
January 8th, 2015, 11:30 PM
Big congrats honey soooo happy for you X

2boysJustOneGirl
January 9th, 2015, 07:40 AM
Did you ever use a FRER to gage your HCG going down? I only ask because my internet cheapie tests looked negative like your cheapies did, but then when I did a FRER it still looked like a 10dpo BFP like yours did, but I knew it was still left over HCG in my system. It's just that the FRER tests are sooo sensitive. And that was about 3 weeks after my 7 week miscarriage (AF came 35 days after m/c). My HCG was at 15 and then I O'd about a week later (confirmed with a +opk).

I'd get in right away to make sure your HCG is going up, to make sure it's indeed a new pregnancy.

I've definitely heard of women getting pregnant 2 weeks after a miscarriage, but that's because they ovulate 2 weeks after their miscarriage, which means they'd get their BFP around 4 weeks after miscarriage.

I know this seems so crazy and unlikely. If I didn't have all the symptoms of pregnancy I wouldn't believe it myself. I used hospital grade urine Hcg tests and they were negative on jan 1 and 2- they measure positive at 25 so they are fairly sensitive. Having said that you have raised many doubts for me so I am going to try get some bloodwork done before the weekend.

What's interesting about all this is I got my BFP around the time AF would normally have been due. I feel like my body speed cycled to get back on track.

XXforhubby
January 9th, 2015, 09:20 AM
I am praying for you 2boysjustonegirl!!! Please, please let there be a healthy, sticky bean that is pink in there 🙏!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2boysJustOneGirl
January 9th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Now I am just freaking out. Maybe I am not pregnant?!? Could I be so stupid? And I was woken up last night at 3am with severe cramps that only lasted a few minutes by reminded me of my miscarriage! Now I am weeping and losing it. Anyway I spoke with my midwife- she is going to get blood drawn today and Sunday to assess my levels.

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2015, 11:40 AM
It's not stupidity, it does happen though. It's unusual (not impossible, just unusual) to get pg that quick afterwards and everyone just wants you to not get your hopes too high if this is just leftover HCG. :)

The thing iwth pg tests (urine) is that it is possible that sometimes your urine is just more dilute and it may register negative even when there's still hcg in your system. I hope that the blood tests confirm pregnancy. :)

essnce629
January 9th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Don't feel stupid 2boys. I'm glad you are getting the blood tests to get it all sorted out. (((HUGS)))

The Anchor
January 9th, 2015, 02:12 PM
Wow, that really would be incredible! GL!

2boysJustOneGirl
January 9th, 2015, 07:53 PM

I'm curious to know what your blood Hcg level was at the time of miscarriage? Mine was only 11,000 at 10+3weeks (babe was measuring 7+2). 10,000 is the low average normal for that stage of pregnancy- but it varies. Just curious what your was at 7 weeks?

essnce629
January 9th, 2015, 11:57 PM
My HCG was 6,000 when my bleeding started at 6w5d. It dropped down to just under 3,000 two days later. Two weeks after the m/c bleeding started it was at 55 and it was at 15 a few days before I O'd, which was 21 days after the m/c. My m/c bleeding lasted 10 days and it was a natural m/c, not a D&C.

2boysJustOneGirl
January 10th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Oh ok. Sure takes along time. I wonder if a D&C speeds it up? I really believe I O'd about a week after my D&C- time will tell what is actually going in with me. My Hcg level was 15 yesterday, to be repeated Sunday or Monday.

What I I do know is my body is not quite right. I felt more normal the day after my D&C than I do now. I have even been lactating the past few days and my breasts seem bigger and they tingle. Lactating?!?! Seriously! What a harsh reminder of the loss I had.

QueenB3blue
January 10th, 2015, 08:55 AM
So sorry you are stressing 2boys:(
Hoping you really are pregnant. Just in case it is left over hcg, maybe start opk's again:-/ if your levels are dropping instead of going up you might ovulate in a couple days. I am only saying this because once my hcg got that low I ovulated a few days later. Sounds like that it what happened to essnce also. I would just hate for you to miss a chance.
Every mc is different. So your levels could drop quicker. Praying you are having a healthy pregnancy though!!!

2boysJustOneGirl
January 10th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Thanks QueenB. I tested this morning in a hospital grade test which has been negative prior to today. I have a faint positive so I am still hopeful. This waiting game sucks!

I don't have an opks left! I wish I did. I am reluctant to order any as me and hubby are trying to spend less.

nuthinbutpink
January 10th, 2015, 12:28 PM
If you ovulated the 30th or 31, yesterday would have only been 9 dpo. In HT that's 4dpt. We never see BFPs before 4dpt and those are rare. If Friday your level was 15, it doubles every two days so working back, 7.5 on Wednesday the 6th. Not sure if that shows on a HPT.

Anyone's guess at this point as to whether it's on it's way up or way down!

atomic sagebrush
January 10th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Oh ok. Sure takes along time. I wonder if a D&C speeds it up? I really believe I O'd about a week after my D&C- time will tell what is actually going in with me. My Hcg level was 15 yesterday, to be repeated Sunday or Monday.

What I I do know is my body is not quite right. I felt more normal the day after my D&C than I do now. I have even been lactating the past few days and my breasts seem bigger and they tingle. Lactating?!?! Seriously! What a harsh reminder of the loss I had.

D and C ~may~ make it happen quicker because there's no tissue hanging on to make your body continue "thinking" it's pregnant.

essnce629
January 13th, 2015, 12:41 AM
Any update 2boys? Did you have your second beta today or yesterday?

covered in blue
January 14th, 2015, 03:42 AM
How are you 2boys? Thinking of you and hoping you are doing alright xx

angel-pink
January 14th, 2015, 04:17 AM
Hope your ok

QueenB3blue
January 14th, 2015, 07:20 AM
We are all thinking of you:) hoping everything is ok.

foxymrsg
January 14th, 2015, 08:03 AM
Hope you're ok 2boys, thinking of you! xx

XXforhubby
January 14th, 2015, 09:37 AM
I really hope everything is ok. I am keeping you in my prayers!!

tarasue
January 14th, 2015, 09:45 AM
2boys! Where r u??
Hope all is well!

maidentomother
January 14th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Update hun, we're all thinking of you!

2boysJustOneGirl
January 16th, 2015, 01:10 PM
I updated in the jan 2ww. Thanks for thinking of me. It's been a very difficult week.

atomic sagebrush
January 16th, 2015, 01:15 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/2ww-gathering-place/46963-january-2ww-41.html