PDA

View Full Version : Head Theory???

purplepoet20
July 27th, 2011, 04:44 PM
One of my cousins is about 17wks preg... gender scan in about 10days. But I was wondering about the head theory. So many other gendersites have different views on this, some ar the oppisite of what others say.

round forehead=
flat forehead=
pointy chin=
other_____=

I really want my cuz to have a girl.... she lost her 1st baby at 5 1/2mths gest (girl), had one boy 2 1/2 mths early and thank god he is healthy, not long ago she lost twins boys at 23wks (she had just named them), and now she is preg and this may be her last.

rainbowflower
July 27th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure there is a link - I've seen a sonographer say that they are experienced at their job and still can't tell gender based on head shape
pointy chin/whatever would be more family genetics?

really hope your cousin has a pink bundle on the way!

nuthinbutpink
July 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM
The one I am familiar with only because of ELP on here is-

Well it tells adult gender anyway, but I've been using it lately on the babies skulls and am having a good success rate! The main thing I'm looking at is Prominent eyebrows = and Prominent/equal fore head =

ELP copied this from this website http://www.secondtype.com/skeleton.htm and attached their picture below. Have a look through and see what you think.

Male and Female Cranium Differences
Most important skull differences between men and women are indicated by the letter value on the figure to the left and described below:

A) The mans cranial mass is more blocky and massive compared to the females which is rounder and tapers at the top.
B) Temporal Ridge - runs along the outer side of the upper skull creating the square shaped of the upper head. More prominent in men than women.
C) A woman's supraorbital margin (the ridge above the eyes) is sharper, while the males is rather round and dull.
D) The Zygomatic bone (the cheekbone that lies under the lower eye ridge) is more pronounced on the male skull.
E) The Mandible (lower jaw) bone of a woman is rounded, while the male's is squared.
F) Frontal bone – forehead structure terminates at the brow. The male forehead is lower and more slopping.
G) Men have a deeper cranial mass.
H) The supercilary arch is large and pronounced in the man.
I) A males gonion (most posterior inferior point on angle of mandible) is more flared out and sharply angled.
J) The teeth of men tend to be larger.

ELP is the expert I think though!

purplepoet20
July 27th, 2011, 05:49 PM
OMG.... I hope this is right. My cuz's baby has the girl features, can't wait until the gender scan.