PDA

View Full Version : Find out you're pregnant 1 hour before delivery

Nahri
January 9th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Could you imagine? You see the shows that portray this kind of stuff and go yeah right its all for entertainment value then the real news happens.

Woman Learns She's Pregnant, Gives Birth To 10-Pound Baby 1 Hour Later (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/09/massachusetts-woman-pregnant_n_6443264.html)

The Anchor
January 9th, 2015, 02:30 PM
Weird! I actually DO know someone who didn't know. She was about 30 lbs overweight, diagnosed PCOS and rare periods anyways. She found out at 8 months! CRAZY!!!

Nahri
January 9th, 2015, 02:43 PM
From other sites I've read this one had a normal cycle every month. Overweight definitely hid it the most but YIKES!

bunnywabbit
January 9th, 2015, 03:04 PM
My mum was one who used to say "that's complete rubbish - how can you go through a pregnancy and not know?". This was until she ended up very sick and bleeding, when at hospital she was told she'd had a miscarriage and had gone a fair way through the pregnancy. Even then she was adamant she wasn't until she saw the baby! Her cycles were apparently the same as normal, no cravings or weight gain.

If baby's in a certain position, you likely won't show much and kicks and movement may not be felt.

nuthinbutpink
January 9th, 2015, 05:06 PM
I gave birth to a nine pounder. You would have to be extremely obese to not know anything was going on. Or not very bright. Having a miscarriage early is one thing but a ten pounder...that is denial or just not very intelligent.

atomic sagebrush
January 9th, 2015, 06:32 PM
I have been sometimes surprised by gals who seem totally with it and have literally no idea about their cycle at all. THey just really don't know and weren't taught (ie think they can only get pregnant on their period and things like that.)

blueeyedguys
January 12th, 2015, 05:39 AM
I've seen pictures of a woman in a bikini a few weeks before she gave birth. She was thin & did not remotely look pregnant. It was an apparently full term pregnancy with a healthy baby.

Every so often this topic comes up & I try to find the picture but can't.

Not knowing has nothing to do with obesity, although that can increase the chance, and everything to do with the mother's torso length, the placental position, the baby's position & movement pattern, history of irregular or very light periods, etc. I think some women who say they didn't know might have been in denial, or at least ignored the thought if it occurred to them, but it's pretty obvious at least some women really had no clue or even reason to suspect. Yeah, it's rare, but clearly does happen.

Junie
January 12th, 2015, 07:43 AM
I gave birth to a nine pounder. You would have to be extremely obese to not know anything was going on. Or not very bright. Having a miscarriage early is one thing but a ten pounder...that is denial or just not very intelligent.
Totally agree. My first son was 10 pounds and I just really believe the girl must have been in denial. Plus all these people must have had unprotected sex so of course you can end up pregnant.

sent using tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
January 13th, 2015, 04:58 PM
I've seen pictures of a woman in a bikini a few weeks before she gave birth. She was thin & did not remotely look pregnant. It was an apparently full term pregnancy with a healthy baby.

Every so often this topic comes up & I try to find the picture but can't.

Not knowing has nothing to do with obesity, although that can increase the chance, and everything to do with the mother's torso length, the placental position, the baby's position & movement pattern, history of irregular or very light periods, etc. I think some women who say they didn't know might have been in denial, or at least ignored the thought if it occurred to them, but it's pretty obvious at least some women really had no clue or even reason to suspect. Yeah, it's rare, but clearly does happen.

I saw that picture too and I found it absolutely SHOCKING!!!! She was very very thin!!! And i have a good friend who weighs 300 lbs and she looked no different pg or not, at least with clothes on.

One of the ladies I saw interviewed on "I didn't know I was pregnant" mentioned she felt the baby move but called it something like "bubble guts" and I have, on occasion, had feelings that felt like a baby move when I wasn't pregnant.

A lot of these girls seem to be real young and looking back, I barely knew anything about how my body worked or even FELT normally. I didn't have regular cycles till after I went onto BCP and then had my first son - they were always going 60 days with some spotting in the middle and I wouldn't have had a clue - altho I have to say when I did get pg with my first son, who wasn't planned, I knew pretty quick something was up LOL. Oh, the headaches!!

The Anchor
January 15th, 2015, 02:45 PM
I have been sometimes surprised by gals who seem totally with it and have literally no idea about their cycle at all. THey just really don't know and weren't taught (ie think they can only get pregnant on their period and things like that.)

This is so true. I know two lawyers who I had to coach on TTC. Seriously they were clueless, but I also blame their doctors, who gave them crappy advice like "DTD on day 14", never asking how long their cycles were, and having their DHs abstain until day 14. Ludicrous!

atomic sagebrush
January 15th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Oh, the horror stories I could tell LOL. :)

Mamato3?
January 16th, 2015, 02:34 PM
I work at a clinic and some years ago a 19 y/o girl went to a first aid medical center with abdominal pain and she was rushed to the clinic with an ambulance. She gave birth to a baby boy inside the ambulance. She swore she didn't know she was pg and that she took the pill until the day she delivered the baby (she was in shock and refused the baby, we had to keep it in the neonatal ward for 1 week until her parents could come from Belgium-she was on holiday in Greece). I always doubted she didn't know, but she was in such a complete shock that I could also imagine that she was telling the truth, mainly because of her young age.