PDA

View Full Version : Due in Sept/Oct/Nov 2015

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

XXforhubby
June 1st, 2015, 11:53 AM
DH is sending me texts of more name ideas [emoji4]! I'm so glad he is happy and into this baby boy already!! I can breathe easy now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keepthefaith
June 1st, 2015, 11:54 AM
Xx many congrats I'm so pleased you and dh are happy as you were so worried he wouldn't be! Enjoy blue shopping!! Xx

XXforhubby
June 1st, 2015, 11:57 AM
I must say, I was sad thinking I may not have another snugly, baby boy! I'm so happy! I honestly just wanted another baby. I'm happy DH is so excited! He wants to tell people early so we can get all of the stupid comments out of the way. I'm dreading that. Why can't people just be happy for someone?

Butterfly Spirit
June 1st, 2015, 12:03 PM
I must say, I was sad thinking I may not have another snugly, baby boy! I'm so happy! I honestly just wanted another baby. I'm happy DH is so excited! He wants to tell people early so we can get all of the stupid comments out of the way. I'm dreading that. Why can't people just be happy for someone?

Definitely an amazing bond with a little boy!! Oh my goodness, I'm so happy for you!!!! :awe:

Rosie85
June 1st, 2015, 01:01 PM
I already wrote in your due date thread but congrats again!! Ignore all comments about having 3 boys unless its a good one of course! Your 3 boys will have a bond like no other! Very very special to have all of one kind.

Claire33
June 1st, 2015, 01:27 PM
Congrats XX!! :DS::bluecheer::heart:

I'm so pleased that you and your husband are happy with your boy! It's so refreshing to see someone who is just so PLEASED with their 3rd boy! You have a lot to look forward to. Our 3rd boy sort of ties everyone together, he adds to the love in the house, is so cuddly and it's starting to imitate everything his bigger brothers are doing. Very cute :awe:

I was starting to think of things that could make your DH's GD easier, but I'm glad it's not necessary. I guess he just needed some time beforehand to get used to the thought that it could be a boy, and it seems like he's taking it well.

As far as the outside world goes, I made sure to tell everyone that we're having a 3rd boy with the hugest smile on my face and said "It's another boy, just as we expected!" (which was not a lie), I hardly got any negative comments, only good ones. And in your case you can be honest and tell everyone how happy you are to have another boy, because you were sad at the thought of not having another boy. They won't pity you then :bluecheer::fami03:

EmileeJane
June 1st, 2015, 02:04 PM
Congrats on your healthy boy Xx! So exciting. Even more so because you're both happy about it. Glad his response was better than what you expected. I can't remember if you shared your name or are willing to. Any way, big hugs lady!

Angel29ique
June 1st, 2015, 02:16 PM
Big hugs and congratulations!! [emoji122][emoji122][emoji170][emoji170][emoji16]

XXforhubby
June 1st, 2015, 03:38 PM
Congrats on your healthy boy Xx! So exciting. Even more so because you're both happy about it. Glad his response was better than what you expected. I can't remember if you shared your name or are willing to. Any way, big hugs lady!

Well we picked out Oscar Michael [emoji170], but DH now says he doesn't want to commit to anything yet! I don't like any other name he has come up with as much as this one. The only way it will change is if he happens to come up with something I like better [emoji6]!

I'm just glad he is super into this baby already! I was more worried about his reaction than anything! I honestly didn't have a preference (I wanted a boy slightly more than a girl). I was concerned about the health of the baby, because of my super high FSH and non-existent AMH levels. I just feel so grateful to be pregnant again!!

keepthefaith
June 1st, 2015, 03:41 PM
Xx I didn't realise your would prefer a boy I thought you had done girl sway!! Even more congrats!!!! Xx

2boysJustOneGirl
June 1st, 2015, 03:43 PM
Congrats XX! Glad you are all happy and baby is well:)

[emoji178]

EmileeJane
June 1st, 2015, 04:24 PM
Oscar is a great name! My DS2 has a buddy named Oscar:)
Again, I am so happy for you guys!

Just a few left to find out for this group I think! How exciting! Crossing my fingers for you tomorrow Mars. Hope your days goes quickly!

XXforhubby
June 1st, 2015, 04:43 PM
Xx I didn't realise your would prefer a boy I thought you had done girl sway!! Even more congrats!!!! Xx

I did sway for a girl for DH. I just wanted another baby, with a slight preference for another boy [emoji6]!

foxymrsg
June 1st, 2015, 05:11 PM
Fantastic news xx so pleased you're so happy and I love love love your name for him. Another squishy blue bundle. Congratulations enjoy him

Mars
June 1st, 2015, 05:21 PM
Congrats XX!! Very happy you have a healthy baby on board :)

Thanks ladies. A couple hours to go. I feel sick. I like my bubble of not knowing.

keepthefaith
June 1st, 2015, 05:43 PM
Xx ah I see!! So pleased for you!!

Mars- won't be long and you'll know, hope it's the news you want!

I have growth scan tomorrow should be over 24 weeks, keep fingers crossed this little princess has grown more since last scan. [emoji16]

Rosie85
June 1st, 2015, 05:54 PM
Cant wait to hear mars!!

Burakoam
June 1st, 2015, 06:59 PM
Xx i am so happy for you and glad dh has surprised you.. Like i said he seems like the best kind of guy... Congratulations on the first 100% confirmed squishy blue bundle!!

Mrs_Incredible
June 1st, 2015, 07:09 PM
Congratulations XX [emoji7]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

XXforhubby
June 1st, 2015, 10:19 PM
I'll post pics of my baby boy tomorrow after my sono [emoji170]!

Mars
June 1st, 2015, 11:57 PM
It's a healthy boy! I'm ok. I've cried all the way home and I'm sure I'll cry again but it will be ok. Obviously I am meant to be a mum of boys. Time to let go of my girl name and the couple of clothes I bought, get rid of the barbies and start planning some epic boy rooms.

keepthefaith
June 2nd, 2015, 12:14 AM
Mars first of all congratulations on a healthy bundle!! Sorry you didn't hear pink but like you said you can enjoy the planning for some fab boy designs!! We are all here for you hun anytime you need to vent xx

XXforhubby
June 2nd, 2015, 12:18 AM
It's a healthy boy! I'm ok. I've cried all the way home and I'm sure I'll cry again but it will be ok. Obviously I am meant to be a mum of boys. Time to let go of my girl name and the couple of clothes I bought, get rid of the barbies and start planning some epic boy rooms.

Oh honey, get it all out now! We are here for you, and you have a right to feel the way you do! I hope and pray that your little boy you're carrying melts your heart one day, and all of this sadness now goes away [emoji8]!

Hugs sweetie!!!

XXforhubby
June 2nd, 2015, 12:20 AM
Let's bring on those EPIC boy rooms!! Seriously, let's do this! I have a bunch of great ideas! My DH is scared! He thinks it's crazy that I have such awesome ideas about this stuff, then he kisses me and says I'm so amazing with the boys. Now if only I could be that amazing with the housework...I guess we can't have it all [emoji6]!!!

Burakoam
June 2nd, 2015, 12:44 AM
Congratulations on your healthy baby mars... Sorry you didnt hear pink and i know your heart is aching at letting go of the dream of your girl... We are here for you.

EmileeJane
June 2nd, 2015, 01:18 AM
Mars- congrats on a healthy boy! I am so sorry you didn't hear girl. Like others have said we are hear to listen. Or you can write on the GD forum and we'll be there too. I can imagine how heartbroken you feel. How heartbroken I would be. Take your time to mourn her loss. We'll be here for you. ((Hugs♡))

Rosie85
June 2nd, 2015, 01:32 AM
Aww mars i am sorry. So happy to hear your blue bundle is healthy and congrats on another boy. We def understand the pain. You have the right to grieve the idea of not getting your daughter. It hurts!! Cry and let it all out. I cried for weeks after finding out about ds3 but it was never him i eas sad about it was the idea of never having a dd. Is this your last baby mars??

Mars
June 2nd, 2015, 02:36 AM
Thanks ladies, I've cried and am now onto the next stage of denial Lol :) This is our last baby and I even had reservations about having a third so now I'm trying to deal with those thoughts as well. I don't feel like it is real. Everyone said girl, the psychic said girl, my grandmother who has dream's said girl and even dreamt of our girls name. I felt different this pregnancy. I know I said it when I had my DS2 but I don't know how I will love 3 boys. I felt like DS2 was my last boy.

Claire33
June 2nd, 2015, 03:55 AM
Congrats on your baby boy Mars! :DS::heart:

I've been there where your are, after hearing DS3. It took me a few weeks to get over the worst of it, and the first few days were the worst of all. Now, I can't imagine having a more wonderful child than DS3. It's like a faded memory now, the DG hell I went through when I found out boy yet again. You have a lot to look forward to, even though it's hard to imagine now. A little boy following his older brothers around, wanting to be eactly like them. Your older ones will learn more compassion and caring for their younger brother. And most of all, more cuddles and kisses for the entire family! And think of 3 strapping lads, young men, all taller than their mommy one day, all there to take care of their mommy.

Take your time, be kind to yourself, don't feel guilty about your feelings. I thought I'd never get over it, but I did, and I was fine. After a while you get used to your family as it is, and you get on with your life. You forget that you have 3 boys, you just have 3 children, each individuals in their own rights. Remember boys need the exact same love from their mommy as girls do, and that is the most important, love from mom (and dad). So you get to love another person, you are so lucky! :LotsofLove:

2boysJustOneGirl
June 2nd, 2015, 07:14 AM
I'm sorry Mars. It must be very hard right now to accept. Claire is so right- another person to love and watch grow is really an amazing thing. When I think about having a third and my PP friends sit back and swim in their perfection, I feel very lucky to be where I am. They won't ever have that and so your third is really precious.

Take care of yourself and let time heal.

[emoji178]

kitkat18
June 2nd, 2015, 09:17 AM
Just crashing in to say congrats Mars on your third lad. I know its hard right now, but you can plan a gorgeous boy room ( pinterest, I am obsessed) and three of a kind is so special. Take your time to grieve and please vent away we are all here for you and have all experienced how awful and all consuming GD is. Big hugs! Xxxx

foxymrsg
June 2nd, 2015, 09:25 AM
Oh mars congratulations on your baby boy, I'm sorry you didn't get to hear pink, sending hugs xx

tarasue
June 2nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
Xx and Mars- congrats on your healthy baby boys! I'm sorry you didn't get the genders you swayed for. God has a reason for everything[emoji6]. I hope to find out what we are having in the next couple of weeks. Like the two of you, I will probably have baby boy three on the way. I just hope for a healthy baby[emoji1]

keepthefaith
June 2nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
So scan was ok, baby still showing small but didn't have to see consultant as sonographer says we are in 10th centile at mo and 4 weeks ago were in 5th centile so she is growing. The head was measuring 23 wks 1 day but worryingly to me the thigh bone was measuring 21 wks 3 days. The sonographer said she may just be a small baby. Once she plotted my measurements on chart she said prob just need to come back in 4 weeks. Good news was she said no doubt a girl which made me feel bit better. Trying not to worry about size and hoping catches up by next scan. [emoji16]

XXforhubby
June 2nd, 2015, 10:28 AM
My baby boy is SO very healthy and perfect [emoji4][emoji170]! Here is my favorite picture of him! Looks like he is going to be one tall boy! I'm expecting a 21 or 22incher at birth! Look at those long legs [emoji4]! I'm SO relieved and in love [emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]!!!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/02/49e3409ad2db152d84afe113ff0085a0.jpg

Rosie85
June 2nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
Gorgeous xx!!! He is so loved already...i can truly tell!

Ktf i am glad to hear baby girl is growing. I wouldnt worry too much aboutthe size. She teminds me of my friends baby 6 years ago. Her leg bones were short and measuring 2 to 3 weeks behind. They thought maybe she had dwarfism but she is just small. Came out very healthy and short. She today is a little shorter than most her age but nothing drastic at all.

keepthefaith
June 2nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=XXforhubby;720118]My baby boy is SO very healthy and perfect [emoji4][emoji170]! Here is my favorite picture of him! Looks like he is going to be one tall boy! I'm expecting a 21 or 22incher at birth! Look at those long legs [emoji4]! I'm SO relieved and in love [emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]!!!

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/02/49e3409ad2db152d84afe113ff0085a0.jpg

What a fab scan picture I love it! So clear and what a cute little man! Congrats again Mrs x

keepthefaith
June 2nd, 2015, 10:57 AM
Gorgeous xx!!! He is so loved already...i can truly tell!

Ktf i am glad to hear baby girl is growing. I wouldnt worry too much aboutthe size. She teminds me of my friends baby 6 years ago. Her leg bones were short and measuring 2 to 3 weeks behind. They thought maybe she had dwarfism but she is just small. Came out very healthy and short. She today is a little shorter than most her age but nothing drastic at all.

Thanks Rosie in sure you're right, I don't think they would have sent me away unless were fairly sure all ok. Keeping fingers crossed she's just a little bundle!

Claire33
June 2nd, 2015, 11:52 AM
XX- what a cute baby! :HH:

KTF, I had the opposite problem, my baby's head was measuring smaller than the legs, so I was envisioning a baby with some sort of tiny head-syndrome :worry: So this brought the entire gestation down, which isn't possible as we did not DTD after a certain date. But I guess all these measurements are averages, and girls are different/smaller than boys, usually. Are you and your husband short or tall?

keepthefaith
June 2nd, 2015, 03:10 PM
I'm 5"9 and my dh 5"7, ds1 was 7lb 3 and ds2 8lb4 so thinking this little lady going to be less than them but who knows!? Just praying she be ok when born.

Claire33
June 2nd, 2015, 03:49 PM
KTF - I understand your worries, as I am exactly same! I'm not saying we have rational fears, just that I am the same :) I was disappointed and surprised at the lack of worry from the u/s tech :worry::shrug:;) I guess they see discrepancies all the time, while we moms want everything to be exactly average so we don't have to worry :D It's our job to worry.

But yes, maybe your girl will be around 6 lb 10? I've had 3 heavy-weighters, all around 9 lbs, so I wonder if the girl will follow suit or if she'll be my first to be under 9 lbs. I'm also 5"9 and my DH is 6"1, we make them big :) Which is another reason to worry when this baby was measuring small :oops:

keepthefaith
June 3rd, 2015, 04:36 AM
Thanks Clare, guess it's a waiting game x

keepthefaith
June 3rd, 2015, 06:10 PM
Quiet in here today, how is everyone? Xx

Rosie85
June 3rd, 2015, 06:13 PM
I've had a terrible cold...not much to report here otherwise. Team green can be boring! Haha, instead of shopping i am just sitting and waiting...and waiting...and waiting.

2boysJustOneGirl
June 3rd, 2015, 07:07 PM
Rosie I haven't done any shopping either really! I am waiting for my 3d scan I will get Sunday night. I am sooo excited and also nervous will see a penis! I have held off telling anybody the results of our NIPT until this scan so I am very much looking forward to spilling the news!!! Can't wait!

[emoji178]

Mars
June 4th, 2015, 07:50 AM
I didn't yesterday crying my heart out. I just hit me. I was ok today. Got through work. Thought about the baby and not burst into tears. I think I'm in a bit of denial. I still really can't believe I'm going to have 3 boys or 3 kids for that matter!!!

tarasue
June 4th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Oh mars, I'm so sorry, let it all out! Just think, a year from now you won't be able to imagine your life without that little boy, it just takes time to sink in. Hugs!

Keshet
June 4th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Hi all, I'm on pins and needles waiting for the phone call to hear the results of my second amnio. My baby might have CMV virus. I'm so sad right now. I can't believe that I got this far, and at 22+ weeks might be hearing devastating news soon. Ugh.

Rosie85
June 4th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Oh keshet i am sorry. I truly hope the results come back negative! Keeping my fingers crossed. Could you enlighten me on cmv? I have never heard of it.

keepthefaith
June 5th, 2015, 02:58 AM
Keshet I have everything crossed for you xx

XXforhubby
June 5th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Keshet- I hope everything comes back normal and the baby is healthy! I'm praying for you and your baby!

Hugs!

[emoji170][emoji577][emoji843][emoji602][emoji170]

keepthefaith
June 5th, 2015, 09:33 AM
Keshet been thinking about you, hope things ok xx

EmileeJane
June 5th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Oh Keshet so sorry. I'm sending good thoughts to you and baby.

Glad you had a better day Mars. No doubt still on a roller coaster. Thinking of you both.

Keshet
June 5th, 2015, 09:48 PM
Oh keshet i am sorry. I truly hope the results come back negative! Keeping my fingers crossed. Could you enlighten me on cmv? I have never heard of it.

Thanks everyone for your kinds words. I'm still waiting for the results. I thought that they would be ready a couple of days ago. But it's now Friday evening and I can't believe I don't have those yet--so I have to wait the whole weekend. I'm not a medical professional, but from what I've learned online, CMV is a virus that most of the population has that stays dormant. It's from the same family of viruses that cause cold sores or mono. It is not dangerous, unless you have a primary infection during pregnancy or are immunocompromised or a transplant patient. Sometimes if you have an old latent virus it can reactivate and potentially infect the baby. It's most dangerous if you are infected for the first time during pregnancy. If the fetus gets infected, it can have a host of problems including hearing loss, mental retardation, and even death. Or it can have none of those problems. But it's really hard to tell in utero. Sometime there are a lot of signs on the ultrasound--but sometimes there are no signs. And sometime ls a baby is born a symptomatic and then develops symptoms later. There are no solid treatments for this and so they don't seem to test for this routinely during pregnancy.

XXforhubby
June 5th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Keshet- I'm hoping and praying that everything is ok with your sweet baby, and he/she is nice and healthy! I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

Hang in there sweetie!!

Claire33
June 7th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Keshet, how did you find out that the baby might be infected with the CMV virus? Is this an issue you've had earlier? Are you immuno-compromised or have you had a primary infection in this pregnancy? I've read a bit about this virus now and it's pretty scary I have to admit. They are talking about vaccinating women against it, but I guess for all of us it's too late anyway. I hope all is well with baby!

Mars, I hope you are doing ok. Any chance of a 4th baby through HT? It's what kept me up and running when I heard DS3. But once again, the feelings I had for DS3 during pregnancy (especially after hearing boy) are 100% opposite to the feelings I have towards him now. He truly is the most wonderful child you could ask for and I'm so proud of him and in love with him. I'm so glad I had exactly HIM and no other child/girl.

:bighug:

Keshet
June 7th, 2015, 09:27 AM
The doctor decided to test me because there was some fluid around the heart during the ultrasound at my first amnio. The results came back with a small amount of virus that was "too low to quantify". That could mean that it was because we tested too early--it really only reliable to test after 22 weeks. Or it could be contamination from my blood. That is why we are testing again, just to make sure.

Burakoam
June 7th, 2015, 09:34 AM
Keshet does that mean you are a known carrier of cmv? If theres even a chance its your blood that contaminated the first test id say hold on to that hope.... If you are a carrier its entirely possible your baby is just fine... Prepare for the worst but hope for the best. While it is a scary thing its also still possible even if it is the baby that they will have no problems... Just lot of prayers i think right now... From all of us here too.

Keshet
June 7th, 2015, 10:54 AM
Thank you Burakoam! I have the latent virus--and no evidence of a recent infection--which is a good sign because it is usually protective. I think that something like 80% of people have the latent virus. It is much worse if you get a primary infection during pregnancy. But in rare cases baby could be infected even with a latent virus. I am trying to hold on to hope--but, yes, also preparing for the worst.

kitkat18
June 7th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Thinking of you Keshet X

2boysJustOneGirl
June 7th, 2015, 10:31 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/07/cb156e334befc2c542af77a1dc3b547a.jpg

Is it safe to say I am having my girl?!? I am still in disbelief.

[emoji178]

keepthefaith
June 7th, 2015, 10:39 PM
No doubt woo hoo!!!

kitkat18
June 8th, 2015, 12:19 AM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/07/cb156e334befc2c542af77a1dc3b547a.jpg

Is it safe to say I am having my girl?!? I am still in disbelief.

[emoji178]
PINK shopping!!!!!

EmileeJane
June 8th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Keshet sorry you remain in this uncomfortable limbo. I hope all turns out alright.
Mars have you been feeling any better? I was also wondering if this is your last baby?
2boys- that is very exciting. Seems safe to say you should do some shopping now!
I get my confirmation US tomorrow at 430!!! Cannot wait! Sure hope it's still a girl as I ordered cupcakes with coral flower toppers and cut coral and peach confetti for a balloon pop reveal for family when we are done with US. Would be a kicker if it were a boy huh?! Family still has no clue and just know they're coming over so we can tell them all at once. They don't know the hurrah I'm setting up. Hope it all wks out!

Keshet
June 8th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Hi everyone! I can't believe this, but the results from my amnio came out ok! Apparently you can get false positives--which is written no where in the literature. Thank you for all your support! I really appreciated it.

Rosie85
June 8th, 2015, 04:25 PM
That is fantastic news keshet!! I am so pleased for you!

Claire33
June 8th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Keshet, I'm so happy! Great news!
:running:

EmJ - Good luck at your scan! Most likely still a girl :giggle:

EmileeJane
June 8th, 2015, 04:40 PM
Good Keshet! That is great news. I had a feeling everything was going to be fine! Better celebrate tonight!

keepthefaith
June 8th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Keshet woo hoooooo! Best news of the day!!

XXforhubby
June 8th, 2015, 07:30 PM
That is awesome news Keshet! I'm so happy your baby is nice and healthy [emoji4]!

Keshet
June 8th, 2015, 11:21 PM
You are all so amazing! I am so happy to be finally settling in to celebrating mode. Now I can finally start telling people even though I look like I am ready to give birth at any minute.

kitkat18
June 8th, 2015, 11:47 PM
Yah!!! Keshet enjoy the rest of your pregnancy Xx

Rosie85
June 9th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Keshet...i don't recall..did you find out the gender ever or are you team green? I am terrible at remembering if people don't have the little tickers and such! Glad it is all sinking in for you that baby is healthy!

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 12:51 AM
That is a PERFECT girl shot 2boys. Id say its official. Congratulations on your beautiful baby GIRL :) now get out there and celebrate with some pink shopping.

Keshet so so happy for you.. I had a feeling all would turn out okay... The trace amounts just didnt sit well with me... Glad it was the best case scenario for you :)

Emj.... Good luck. I hope its your girl for what its worth. Update us asap :)

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Ladies this baby is a tough one... She is just going nuts and kicking the crud out of me from the inside! Most active baby ive had during pregnancy so far.... Starting to scare me about life after birth lol... Anyone with particular active previous pregnancies wanna give me hope that she will actually be a calm happy kid instead of a live wire? Lol

Keshet
June 9th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Keshet...i don't recall..did you find out the gender ever or are you team green? I am terrible at remembering if people don't have the little tickers and such! Glad it is all sinking in for you that baby is healthy!

Thank you Rosie! It has felt like forever. I am team green. It's so strange how this is kind of bugging people. They all really want to know and they don't believe me that I don't know the gender.

Keshet
June 9th, 2015, 01:04 AM
Ladies this baby is a tough one... She is just going nuts and kicking the crud out of me from the inside! Most active baby ive had during pregnancy so far.... Starting to scare me about life after birth lol... Anyone with particular active previous pregnancies wanna give me hope that she will actually be a calm happy kid instead of a live wire? Lol

Do you notice that the kicks are coming at certain times of the day? I feel like I have very active times and then really quiet times.

Also, what do you all use for stretch mark cream? My stretch marks are already a disaster. I wonder if there is anything new and improved out there.

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 01:26 AM
Cocoa butter usually works for me keshet but this time even with that im still getting marks...

She is very active several times a day. Whats really adorable and funny is she is asleep in the morning when i first wake up like she slept when i slept but as soon as i pee she seems to know im up and gives a few hard flops or punches... The last 3-4 days though shes active when i eat, after each meal, when im sitting at my desk too long, if i lay down... Basically she is present in every activity i do already... Its a new experience for me because my other two were more active at certain times...

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 01:32 AM
I have an ultrasound for one last look at gender on august 8th... Hopefully this time they will give me a potty shot that is 100% one way or the other... Im probably gonna ask them to check in 3d/4d too to be sure as im done with the maybes lol... After that will have another ultrasound around 36 weeks to see where her weight is at so we can figure out if i schedule a c section or go natural... Would be my first c section so im nervous but more
Nervous ill make the wrong call and try to have her naturally and end up with another scary traumatic birth experience for both me and baby...

XXforhubby
June 9th, 2015, 09:07 AM
Burakoam- DS2 was so active when he was awake, I was for sure he would jump out! Seriously, I joked I wouldn't have to push him out, lol!

DS2 is the most emotionally stable, independent, and calm boy I have ever met! He just turned 2!!! There is hope!

XXforhubby
June 9th, 2015, 09:11 AM
For stretch mark prevention and belly itch relief, I swear by Seed body oil, body cream and body lotion! What I love is that it doesn't contain parabens, phthalates, and you can chose a fragrance free option!!

Seed Body Care | Seed Body Care (http://www.seedbodycare.com)

Rosie85
June 9th, 2015, 09:36 AM
Keshet I think it is great you are team green...im glad i am not the one and only! I was about 99% sure you were but wanted to double check! People go crazy when i tell them i am not finding out. It really bothers them! Haha

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Feel free to ignore this if you want...wouldnt blame any of you...just more repeat gender drama from me..i just need to vent i guess :(

Having a hard day...found a 20 week potty shot of DD2 that was flat as flat can be...easy to believe girl even though even with my second pregnancy i had a boy preference there was no drama with 'maybe penis' ever because they were always just obvious girls...then i look back to the 20 week shot i got of this baby after just coming to terms with my 3rd and last girl and im a wreck again today over it...im so mad at the ultrasound tech. Its not even that i dont think she did her best actually, there is a part of me that really believes something is up with the shot and no matter the angle she would have said girl and it would have not looked very girly at all..

case and point..

DD2 at 20 weeks

"DD3" at 20 weeks

I know because i posted it in the ultrasound forums here that im not crazy because there is SOMETHING sticking straight up in the air in her potty shot and it threw everyone off..no one could be sure it was chord or even mentioned for that matter that they think its chord but maybe thats what it is...still i look between the legs and i dont see 3 flat lines..i see 3 lines yes but its in the damn air.. maybe it was just a really really bad angle but then when i let myself believe maybe they have been wrong i can see the babies legs are kind of closed together, they arent open wide and then i look below the 3 lines and see what could be a scrotum where maybe the testicles just havent descended yet at 19 weeks 6 days..

then im back to feeling like a crazy woman and crying my eyes out.

Sorry for re-hashing all of this. its just not very fair in my eyes..and typing that or saying it out loud makes me feel like a giant baby myself..

EmileeJane
June 9th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Rosie and Kesh- team green does drive people CRAZY! Not sure why. Maybe because everyone secretly has gender preference that they'd never admit, even though it is irrelevant to them!
Bura- I felt DS1 early continuously from 17 wks on and he was most active kid. DS2 took until 21 weeks to feel on a regular basis and he wasn't terribly rough on me and is a generally more calm child. DC3 I've been feeling daily since I hit 18 wks. We'll just see. Fingers crossed it has more to do with where they sit in the womb and where the placenta is.
Also I'd be very wary of late term US in determining babies size they can be off by up to 2 lbs! I know plenty of women who were told their baby was going to be big and 3/4 of the time baby was low 8 or below. Those are not big babies. Also this will be your 3rd birth, your body has muscle memory and knows how to birth your babies! My girlfriend had an unmedicated, pit induced VBAC 2 yrs ago and gave birth to a 10 lb 4 oz baby. In fact I had 2 vbac friends have 10 lb babes that yr both unmedicated. One didn't even tear!
Don't let a physician talk you into something you're unsure about. Know your options, get a doula or contact your local ICAN(international cesarean awareness network) chapter for resources.
When's your next US to ease your mind on gender????

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 02:59 PM
next ultrasound to peek at gender is august 8th...so 2 months away pretty much.

IDK if i shared my birth story about DD2 or not...i think so but just in case...My DD2 was 9 pounds 2 ounces EJ and i absolutely could not deliver her naturally...her shoulders were stuck and not moving past my pelvis when her head would poke out during the pushing...they started to get concerned reached up there and noticed that...after a few more pushes and she wasnt budging they dislocated her shoulder to get her out of me. She was born in shock, pain, and wouldnt breathe at first because of the shock. DD1 was almost 8 pounds...she had to be vacummed out because after time spent pushing she wasnt budging either...two different doctors even though it was the same delivery practice so its definitely my body and what it can and cant handle and id say maybe with my 3rd, MAYBE i could do an 8 pound baby...the thing is because of my previous experience im terrified. honestly riddled with anxiety over it.

oh! DD1 was born at 38 weeks even and weighed that much so would have probably been a 10 pounder at birth if i had gone full term..DD2 was born at 37 weeks and 5 days and god knows how much she would have weighed if by some miracle i had made it to 40 weeks..

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 03:24 PM
finally bit the bullet and posted my 20 week scan over at in-gender to see what they think..as usual i am stuck waiting for responses though..maybe its just my luck but i never seem to get as many responses or quick responses as everyone else..it was one reason i got sick of being there and then found this place, lol..

oh well..

keepthefaith
June 9th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Bur - I think it looks quite boyish but I am no way an expert! Hoping you get the answer you are hoping for hun.

This baby of mine is definitely the most active yet, she likes to wait till I'm about to go to sleep then starts her little ballet dance lol.

Still no news of another scan due Rosie size so wondering if maybe they think I'm ok as in tenth centile at 25 weeks, anyone know if that's ok? Xx

Rosie85
June 9th, 2015, 09:45 PM
I think they dont worry ktf until baby is in the 5th percentile. Did they say your fluidd were all fine and such? It really could be just a petite baby. As long as they dont see issues with head growth or the heart...

Bura i still really think that looks boyish. What did the ingender peeps say??

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 10:53 PM
3 responses lol... Lady who has had two boys and said it doesnt look like either of her boys did sat that gestation but it also didnt look very girly... Another who recomended a potty shot expert on their forums and then basically repeated what the other lady said and then the expert themselves who says they are quite sure its a girl who is pushing her labia together with her legs and thats why its portruding so much.. Made me Feel better enough to relax on it today at least. I will quite literally die of shock if im told boy at my next ultrasound... 8 weeks and counting... Cant wait to see babys face getting chubby :)

Burakoam
June 9th, 2015, 10:56 PM
And you know its funny that one comment im not even sure i truly believe could relax me at all considering i would love if it was a boy... But i think that the dead dream is just too fresh and so the thought of it maybe still being possible is just too painful like salt in the wound so to speak in some weird way...

XXforhubby
June 9th, 2015, 11:37 PM
And you know its funny that one comment im not even sure i truly believe could relax me at all considering i would love if it was a boy... But i think that the dead dream is just too fresh and so the thought of it maybe still being possible is just too painful like salt in the wound so to speak in some weird way...

My DH words exactly!! He said that he is definitely expecting to hear boy at our scan at 19w. The tech who did our US kept saying boy but it's early, even when my DH said we had MaterniT21 done. She even said we need to wait until our next scan. My DH said that to keep thinking its a girl and it really being a boy is just too painful! He would rather all the hope to be gone than for there to be still be hope and then to hear boy.

He is actually quite into this baby! He cried when he felt him move last night! He is also quite protective of people's stupid comments. Today at the pool, a lady commented on me being pregnant as I was walking behind him and our two boys. He said that I was indeed pregnant and we were having our third boy. She said Oh my, your poor wife! DH said oh I am over the moon with joy and that she should see me with them. Right on cue, I came up and scooped my DS2 up and tickled him while putting him up on my shoulders. I then began chasing DS1 up the stairs tickling him as he was climbing them. She said to DH that he is the luckiest man to have a wife so good with boys. DH said he is and is indebted to me [emoji4]! I had no idea of their conversation- I was just doing what I always do!

EmileeJane
June 10th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Bura- shoulder dystocia definitely is a traumatic birth. And it certainly is more likely in larger babies. It's so hard to not think the next birth will go the same way or worse, especially when that's all you know. I can certainly understand that. My first birth was also traumatic. I was so scared I'd end up in the exact same situation, another cesarean or worse an emergency csect.
I only had good intentions in my previous note, please believe that. I had no one to give me advice or inform me with any decision making the 1st time around. I'll aways wonder if I had been informed if it would have made a difference. I knew I wanted better for my next birth I did a lot of research, found an amazing doula and a completely supportive OB who specialized in traumatic previous births and VBACS. My 2nd birth was very healing for me. I realized I wasn't broken and my body could do it.
All I'm saying is get informed by multiple sources on all of your options and then make the decision that works best for you and makes you and babe feel taken care of.
If you do chose a cesarean you can also Google 'gentle cesarean' and ask your doc if they can accommodate it. It's fairly new and helps with making you very much a present part of the cesarean and promotes bonding too.
Best wishes no matter what you choose.

keepthefaith
June 10th, 2015, 06:40 AM
I think they dont worry ktf until baby is in the 5th percentile. Did they say your fluidd were all fine and such? It really could be just a petite baby. As long as they dont see issues with head growth or the heart...

Bura i still really think that looks boyish. What did the ingender peeps say??

Yes fluid all fine and head just a week smaller, it was the thigh bone that was measuring few weeks smaller. Haven't heard yet if want to rescan me, trying not to worry, I'm definitely getting bigger so baby is growing, even if not quite at rate should be just now. Just praying healthy and fully grown when born.

Burakoam
June 10th, 2015, 09:18 AM
EJ no worries i am sorry if you felt you upset me that was most def not the case at all. I am very strongly considering being brave enough to bring this baby into the world the same way i did the other two and hoping for the best... My dr isnt pushing me for the c section either so thats good... Its just that when i broke down sobbing in his office early on about how scared i was and begged him for the option to choose this time if i was concerned near the end he said he would make a note to make it happen if thats what i wanted. Poor guy, lol

Burakoam
June 10th, 2015, 09:27 PM
husband brought home a kitten today...

there is no smiley to adequately describe my feelings on this...which are neutral at best...but for pregnancy related reasons.

Any of you have kittens or cats while pregnant? whats the deal with toxoplasmosis..am i able to change this box at all? because i already had an incident that my hubby wouldnt take care of where the baby stepped in his own poop and i had to get it cleaned off his paw so he wouldnt drag it all over my carpet and furniture and infect me that way...just wondering if notorious hand washing is enough to avoid contamination :(

and yes, DH knew the toxoplasmosis thing..doesnt seem to really believe i'll contract it or the unborn baby im guessing is his only excuse...

XXforhubby
June 10th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Yes it's true. Wear gloves- I use the cleaning ones. Chances are the kitten is free of it but still wear gloves just in case.

Basically toxoplasmosis occurs in cats from eating infected mice/rodents. Once they get it, it always remains in their intestines and shed in their feces. By wearing gloves and washing hands thoroughly, you'll be fine. Have your DH scoop the litter box, preferably. All you have to do is get a litter box, put in a scoopable litter (It's easier), and show the cat where to go to the bathroom. You may have to show the cat, if they mess, but they really prefer litter over your carpet [emoji6]. If your DH doesn't believe it, PM me and I'll point you to some reputable sources online. Better yet, have him call a Vet clinic they will tell him it's legit [emoji6].

FYI, I am a certified veterinary technician, certified pharmacy technician, and a science teacher [emoji6].

Burakoam
June 10th, 2015, 10:42 PM
XX thank you so much. He knows the risk so pointing it out wont make a difference, i think he just thinks its really unlikely for anything to happen and that its not as common as what ive heard and know it to be...

is the litter box the only concern then? my biggest concern so far was earlier when i saw he got poop on his paw and if i hadnt snagged him out of the box and wiped him off immediately he would have walked it all over the kitchen and living room... :/

XXforhubby
June 10th, 2015, 11:56 PM
The main concern is handling the poop. As long as you have gloves on and wash your hands well, you'll be fine. I'm sure as your cat gets used to the litter box, these types of accidents won't happen.

Tell your DH that a friend of mine ignored the risks and had a two miscarriages back to back and a baby that was still born that tested positive for Toxoplasmosis. This was in 2008! She knew the risks well, but she thought that it wasn't that common. This is just not so! Cats can also become infected from their mothers. Tell him he is on litter box duty, and only wear gloves of you must. Don't tell him of course! My DH always does litter box duty of I'm pregnant OR nursing. It just isn't worth taking a chance on, you know?

Claire33
June 11th, 2015, 03:46 AM
OMG Bura, I must admit I'm (putting it mildly) shocked at the fact that your DH brought home a kitten without asking you first and then downplaying the Toxoplasmosis risk...AND refusing to address a poop-on-paw issue. I would be livid and bringing that kitten back. I guess the children would be heartbroken then. But bringing an animal into the home during pregnancy is just a big no-no from me. You have enough on your plate if not the additional stress of caring for an animal, especially one that can infect a pregnant woman with a dangerous disease for baby.

I don't know if I'm wrong, but I read somewhere that if you've had cats as a child, you most likely have Toxoplasmosis in your blood already. But I don't know if this means that your baby can't contract it in pregnancy or not with a new cat. Maybe XX knows? This information about being chronically infected with Toxoplasmosis freaked me out though, as I grew up with cats and kids aren't exactly hygienic when it comes to pets.

I'm glad you got some sort of information at Ingender. Most likely you will hear girl at your next scan. As I already said, your earlier potty shot looks 100% girl at least. I wish I could give you my boy dust though, but that's just not the way this world works unfortunately!

XXforhubby
June 11th, 2015, 07:37 AM
It's not something you contract when you grow up with cats. It's only contracted by scooping their poop that is infected with the virus without gloves or proper hand washing afterward. The virus is only shed in their feces. I don't know many children who scoop cat poop from a litter box, lol. The gloves is more of an extra precaution for pregnant or nursing women to take. Proper hand washing after scooping a litter box is sufficient to keep the virus at bay for most people (as long as they are not immunocompromised). It also is not airborne, thank goodness!! So you don't have to wear a mask when scooping litter.

HTH!!

Claire33
June 11th, 2015, 09:32 AM
XX, yes I did scoop poop when I was a young teenager (11-13 years old) and I'm pretty sure I didn't wash my hands afterwards. My parents weren't very good at teaching us hand washing, they both grew up dirty on farms, I guess they thought dirt would make us stronger! I also grew up in a third world country, making the chances higher, I owned several cats in the third world, AND I changed cat litter with bad hand hygiene. I mean, it's a parasite that never leaves your body, so gross!

EmileeJane
June 11th, 2015, 10:50 AM
I am not upset with you at all Bura. I was thinking you were upset with me. I know it can be a touchy subject. I volunteer my time for a nonprofit group (ICAN) to help educate and inform women and partners on their birth options, avoiding unnecessary cesareans and promoting VBACs. It's just something I'm passionate about. I do hope it all goes well for you and that this is your healing birth!

Burakoam
June 11th, 2015, 10:53 AM
Xx and claire - i too had lots of cats growing up. My mom had a cat that was indoor and outdoor when i was very little that was always having kittens... I had two cats grow with me in childhood after that and a pair of outdoor only cats that i owned before i got pregnant with my first baby... A part of me is convinced im probably already immune but you know how it is im paranoid anyhow... Its less the box itself im worried about and more about what happens if the kitten drags poop around on his paw. DH says he was told kitten is 8 weeks but im thinkin its 6 weeks... He is very very tiny. Oh my gosh to the still born stuff... What i was reading and what i was told is after the first trimester risk is less to an unborn baby but death sure as hell doesnt sound like less risk..

This is hard for me because i am a huge cat person and im torn between loving this kitten and fearing for the babys health jeez

EmileeJane
June 11th, 2015, 10:55 AM
I did have my scan the other day but have been busy with work.
We have a confirmed GIRL! It was fun sharing it with the family, they are very excited. My sister knew how badly I wanted a girl so she was very teary eyed and cried when kids popped the confetti balloon! It's fun telling people now that it's official. Still can't believe it. Probably won't sink in until she's here or at least until we start filling her room with the opposite of everything else I have for the boys.
Hope all of you gals are feeling well and having healthy pregnancies!

Burakoam
June 11th, 2015, 11:17 AM
Okay i was very misinformed the risk is greater as pregnancy progesses. Awesome. Excuse me while i have an anxiety attack. Great. Is there a way to test the kitten to see if its a carrier? Equally importantly, can my dr test me for immunity? If im immune can baby still get it?

Burakoam
June 11th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Getting rid of the kitten isnt an option. Im just not capable... My husband meant well. And i cant break his heart. I think i am going to go insane and absolutely insist he takes care of the cat box completely. Avoiding the kitten is another issue because he is already very interested in me... Ill have to become crazy religious about washing my hands whenever i have touched him or hes touched me and keep him out of the bedroom

I dunno what else i can do :(

mommymachine
June 11th, 2015, 11:46 AM
Okay i was very misinformed the risk is greater as pregnancy progesses. Awesome. Excuse me while i have an anxiety attack. Great. Is there a way to test the kitten to see if its a carrier? Equally importantly, can my dr test me for immunity? If im immune can baby still get it?

Just popping in to say, yes you can test for immunity and you probably should. Don't assume you are immune! I was raised with cats my entire childhood (outdoor and indoor) and I got tested with my first and I am not immune.

Ugee
June 11th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Just a quick thread crash...bura- we have 2 cats and my DH is the one who cleans the litter tray as they are his pets. I would advise your OH to do the same especially as he was the one who brought it home :)

Burakoam
June 11th, 2015, 02:28 PM
Called dr's office and they put my mind at ease. I feel a bit better... But yes i will be avoiding that box like the plague.

Burakoam
June 11th, 2015, 02:39 PM

This is the little bugger all the fuss was about. DH says his dad is a siamese and his mom is a calico. His eyes are siamese blue :)

He wanted me to love him so bad last night but i just couldnt let myself just yet... I think maybe its time i make it up to the poor lil guy.

keepthefaith
June 11th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Omg cuteness!!!

XXforhubby
June 11th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't be able to get rid of that cute thing either!! I wouldn't worry about it Bura. I was a certified veterinary technician for years and my children are all healthy. You can actually be tested for it either with your OB or your GP. The cats veterinarian can test the cat but false negatives can happen in cats.

Give that cute thing a kiss for me [emoji173]️!

Claire33
June 11th, 2015, 05:47 PM
Very cute cat! :awe:

Burakoam
June 13th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Hope everyone is doing okay... I was thinking we should make a due date list/thread like the club did the few months before us... That way everyone can check and see who is getting close as time approaches, genders, and successful sways?

keepthefaith
June 13th, 2015, 04:44 AM
Sounds good count me in!

kitkat18
June 13th, 2015, 04:58 AM
Bura he is gorgeous sounds like he has already grown on you X

Burakoam
June 13th, 2015, 10:21 PM
So funny story... Took kitten to vet today and he is in fact a she LOL...somehow this made me love her more.

Anyone thats a moderator that wants to make the due date list thread? What about you XX lol... If not ill get around to making it myself tomorrow im sure. I just think it would be neat to have

srg09cag11
June 14th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Hello, all!
I had to take some time away from this and all other sites for a while. I just got back from a week-long trip with the family to Disney World, which was fantastic, but seeing all the little boys around the park was pretty rough. Luckily, we were very busy the whole time, and I was able to bury my gender disappointment for the trip. Now that we're back and I'm on summer break (I'm a teacher), I'm having trouble with it again. With only 14 more weeks of pregnancy, I'm hoping to get this under control one of these days.

Glad to see everyone is doing well! Congrats on the cat; better you than me. lol

Burakoam
June 14th, 2015, 10:43 PM
So glad to see you post SRG.

keepthefaith
June 16th, 2015, 03:41 PM
How is everyone doing? I can't believe I'll be 27 weeks this weekend, time going very quickly at moment!! Had massive nesting moment at weekend and gutted house! Dh was laughing at my obsessive cleaning behaviour lol xx

tarasue
June 18th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I've been m.i.a. as well. We had our ultrasound two days ago. We didn't have them tell us the gender, but based off the 12 week scan and what we saw that day I am sure it's boy number 3. I have an envelope with the gender written down in it, I just can't get myself to open it and crush my dreams of having a daughter. Other than that the baby looked good. The placenta is low so I have to have another ultrasound to see if it moves up. I so don't want a c-section!!!

XXforhubby
June 18th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I've been m.i.a. as well. We had our ultrasound two days ago. We didn't have them tell us the gender, but based off the 12 week scan and what we saw that day I am sure it's boy number 3. I have an envelope with the gender written down in it, I just can't get myself to open it and crush my dreams of having a daughter. Other than that the baby looked good. The placenta is low so I have to have another ultrasound to see if it moves up. I so don't want a c-section!!!

Oh honey! Hang in there! Are you sure you saw boy parts at your most recent sono? I think you should just focus on anything else that can get you through. The envelope will be there when you are ready, if you're ever ready. I'm so glad the baby is healthy though.

Hugs honey! We are always here for you, and you can share your feelings with us. Don't feel like you have to stay away- we care about you no matter what mood you may be in [emoji4]!

keepthefaith
June 18th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Just my opinion tarasue but if it was me I would read the note as at least you will know for sure and can accept what the future brings. You are convincing yourself it's a boy and dealing with emotions that you may not even need to deal with as its your girl after all. Hope this helps, just thinking about what I would do on circumstance. We are here whatever outcome xx

tarasue
June 18th, 2015, 04:00 PM
We are on a family(our family, my parents, brother, sister, cousins) vacation this next week. I didn't want to be upset like I was after I found out my second was a boy around all these people, including my sister who is pregnant with a girl... We will open it when we get home. It would sure help if I could partake in some of the pretty umbrella drinks[emoji484]!

Claire33
June 18th, 2015, 05:51 PM
Tarasue, I can totally understand you want to wait until you are in the privacy of your own home to open that envelope, and not on holiday with your entire family, including your pregnant sister. Don't forget to update us if you open that envelope. I have heard boy no. 3, I've been there, so have others here on this board.

Have a great holiday and good luck with that envelope!

Burakoam
June 21st, 2015, 01:04 PM
Things arent looking good on my end unfortunately. Saw the OB the other day for routine check up and in 4 weeks i had gained 10 pounds.. He said he thinks my body is just trying to play catch up from being sick for so long but with my previous gestational diabetes that kind of rapid weight gain is very bad for my odds of having it again... That and i have been excessively thirsty the last week or so.. Chugging water left and right. So i go to the lab in 2 weeks for my glucose test... Soonest i could take it...

I would kill for fresh italian right now.

XXforhubby
June 21st, 2015, 01:16 PM
Things arent looking good on my end unfortunately. Saw the OB the other day for routine check up and in 4 weeks i had gained 10 pounds.. He said he thinks my body is just trying to play catch up from being sick for so long but with my previous gestational diabetes that kind of rapid weight gain is very bad for my odds of having it again... That and i have been excessively thirsty the last week or so.. Chugging water left and right. So i go to the lab in 2 weeks for my glucose test... Soonest i could take it...

I would kill for fresh italian right now.

Oh Burakoam, that's awful [emoji20]! I had late I at GD with DS2 at 35 weeks. I only gained 25lbs my whole pregnancy and didn't gain any more after week 32. However, I started out being 12lbs heavier than I usually weigh, and I think that had something to do with it. My numbers were never high when I checked the four times a day they required me to (I had to keep a log that they checked at my weekly appointments). I only failed the two hour test in my third trimester.

Hang in there sweetie! It totally sucks having to change your diet, especially when pregnant [emoji34]!

Keep me posted on how your test goes! Hopefully if you eat the GD diet now, you will pass!! I'm Xing everything for you!!

keepthefaith
June 21st, 2015, 06:03 PM
Burkoram sending you lots of hugs and thoughts and hoping glucose test ok!

Rosie85
June 21st, 2015, 10:06 PM
Hope your test goes okay bura. I have mine tomorrow morning. Yuck. I cant remember what time my appointment is at though. ..haha! I have to call and check. I am 25 weeks tomorrow already...can't believe how fast it is going!!

Burakoam
June 23rd, 2015, 11:45 PM
How did your test go Rosie?

EmileeJane
June 23rd, 2015, 11:45 PM
Oh no Bura! Have my fingers crossed for you! I'm always scared I'll get it.
Tarasue- hope your vacation was awesome. Proud of you for holding out with the envelope. I hope when you open it it's a special moment, no matter the outcome. Thinking of you!

I have been a bit upset about my mother in law lately. We have a semi close relationship. I think what I really want from her is a closer one since my mother is no longer here. Unfortunately we are too different to have a closer relationship.
I didn't have anyone in the room with me last time besides DH and my doula. This time I'm having a crowd! I hired a photographer and would really like my sis and mother in law to be there. I wanted them there the first time but it was my first time ever really having contractions and for me, unmedicated birth was too intense to have people standing around doing nothing watching me. After, however, I really wished my sis and mother in law could have seen my birth, since it went so well. I'd like them to be in the room this time, for pushing(not contractions, I'm a wild animal). My sis is down i haven't officially asked my MIL so maybe that's why she's being like this but she keeps asking DH and me (separately) if my due date changed at 20 wk US cuz she got invited on a trip at the end of Oct, (my EDD is Nov 5th). Now this is not a once in a lifetime trip, mind you. It's in the states somewhere south. It's not unusual for her to be selfish like this. My in laws are snowbirds. They leave every Oct till April every yr and don't come back for any birthdays or holidays. When DS2 was born it was February. I asked my MIL to come 2 wks before I had him. My father in law came just shy of a week before. They left 4 days after he was born!
So I'm just feeling irked that she would risk missing the birth of her last grandchild EVER and only grand daughter ever. There's also no doubt in my mind they'll jet shortly after she's born considering they typically leave before Halloween. I hate that she has the opportunity to be here with us for this and she may choose not to be. My mom would never choose a trip over me or her grand babies. If she were here I probably wouldn't care what MIL does. She just bugs!!!!

Rosie85
June 24th, 2015, 01:03 AM
My test went well. Passed with no problems. I do however have to.go in for another ultrasound. My uterus was measuring ahead for fundal height and she wants to check and see if my low placenta is causing that to happen...meaning the placenta isnt moving up and away from the cervix. So i will go in for that around 32 to 36 weeks.

My stomach really popped this week. I look huge! Crazy how it happens like that. I def looked preggo before but now i look like a house.

Keshet
June 24th, 2015, 01:48 AM
I'm so glad that your tests went well Rosie! Sorry about your MIL EmileeJane. I also popped out like crazy this week. I gained a ton of weight as well all of a sudden.

keepthefaith
June 24th, 2015, 07:17 AM
I have also popped and am massive! Still can't believe Im 28 weeks this week!!

Rosie glad tests went well!

EmileeJane - Raging face at MIL ( I have a nightmare one too) xx

How is everyone else getting on?

I have my pram ordered now, so excited getting a Bugaboo Donkey duo!!

Rosie85
June 24th, 2015, 09:43 AM
I haven't purchased a thing even though we need some stuff. I am literally living one of the moat stressful situations right now. I am moving in two months but here is the thing...i have no clue to where yet! My husband is up for promotion at the company he just put his.notice in. So two days before he starts a new job an hour from us he has to fly to dallas texas for another interview to potentially accept a promotion...thus quitting his brand new job and returning to his old company. So i am either moving am hour north or 17 hours south of our current location. I am stressed beyond belief.

If he accepts the promotion that means moving across country whilst 34 to 36 weeks pregnant. Omg

EmileeJane
June 24th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Rosie that sounds like an incredibly stressful time. Look forward to being settled no matter what by baby time! Deep breathing!

2boysJustOneGirl
June 25th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Tarasue have you opened the envelope? I can't imagine holding onto it any longer than you already have. Just thinking about you lots and hope you are coping ok:)

[emoji178]

tarasue
June 26th, 2015, 10:47 AM
Nope. It's still sealed. We may not look at all. I do have to have another sonogram in the next month. The placenta is too low to deliver naturally right now and the baby is sideways. Hopefully things start moving, the last thing I want is a c-section!!!

Vacation was wonderful:).

Claire33
June 26th, 2015, 11:54 AM
How far along are you now? What are the chances of placenta moving upwards at due date?

Burakoam
June 26th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Claire- i have partial placental previa at the moment as well and the doctors are saying there is a good chance it will move so it depends i think how much of her cervix is covered...however there is a part of me that just has this feeling that i wont get to deliver naturally no matter what at this point...If i pass my glucose the next thing i gotta 'pass' is my placenta moving from my cervix enough they are comfortable with it.. lol.

Rosie85
June 27th, 2015, 12:33 AM
My placenta is also too low. Its not a previa thank goodness but still considered a risk and might ruin my 3rd vbac. It hasnt moved in 5 weeks so im not overly hopeful.

tarasue
June 27th, 2015, 09:15 AM
I am only 20 weeks, so hopefully it moves! They didn't say it was covering the cervix, but low enough to continue monitoring.

Claire33
June 27th, 2015, 09:30 AM
20 weeks is plenty of time yes, most likely it will move.

I had a c-section due to placenta previa though, and it was no fun! I didn't expect it to hurt so much after the operation, you can hardly do anything, not even turn around in the bed, let alone lift baby into bed. I needed help with absolutely everything. But of course when it comes to mother or baby's health, sometimes a c-section is necessary.

I hope we/you all get the birth you wish for!

srg09cag11
June 27th, 2015, 09:38 AM
I've had three sections already; this will be my fourth. If you have to have one, it isn't the end of the world. :)

2boysJustOneGirl
June 30th, 2015, 09:31 AM
I finally had my anatomy scan- everything looks perfect, still very much a girl and her legs are soo long! I have been listening to you all and love to check in and see how you are doing. I am up 12 lbs already- feeling pretty large and actually had a comment about it being twins! [emoji20]It is all belly just like with my boys but it seems much higher which accounts for my heart burn I guess. 23 weeks and counting.
All these things seem so small right now. My mother was diagnosed with cancer about two weeks ago and I am really truly broken at the thought of her suffering or worse, dying. We don't yet know what stage its in or if it has spread. All we know is the mass will need to come out soon, the rest will hopefully be known later in the week. I have myself nearly convinced she won't meet my baby girl and I am crushed. It's really hard- I am so close with my mom.

[emoji178]

tarasue
June 30th, 2015, 09:53 AM
That's devastating news 2boys, I'm so sorry.... Hopefully it's treatable and your mom will be on the mend soon!!! That's one of my biggest fears, besides loosing a child, loosing my parents will kill me. My prayers are with you!

keepthefaith
June 30th, 2015, 09:58 AM
2 boys I'm really thinking about you, what a sad situation to be in. [emoji17] Really hoping your mum be ok.
On the happy side so pleased to see your little lady cooking well in there! How many weeks are you now? Xx

2boysJustOneGirl
June 30th, 2015, 10:00 AM
Thanks ladies. I am 23+3.

[emoji178]

Rosie85
June 30th, 2015, 10:21 AM
So sorry to hear about your mom 2boys. Such a hard thing to deal with.
I too have been questioned for twins. I look so big and am measuring ahead. My baby is low but my uterus is high. Haha.

Has anyone ever gained 5 pounds in a week? I was 155 and now suddenly i am 160 or so. What the heck?! Should i be worried?

Angel29ique
June 30th, 2015, 11:57 AM
Also sorry for the bad news 2boys.. iw must be nervewrecking :(
Happily your little princess is doing great. We are due 1 day apart! I am 23 +2 today :). Not that big yet since i lost weight in the beginning of the pregnancy. But starting to get round and since it will be our last im loving it :)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Claire33
June 30th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I'm sorry about your devastating news 2boys :sad: I hope your mom makes a full recovery. It must be so so hard to get such news during such a vulnerable time as pregnancy

I'm also huge, people are asking me if I'm due any day, and I say "No, only in 3 months", then they just look really confused and surprised and don't know what to say. I've gained so much weight, I feel so fat and ugly. :sigh:

XXforhubby
June 30th, 2015, 04:49 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom 2boys! I hope and pray that everything works out and it is not as bad as you fear.

Congrats on a healthy baby girl [emoji4]!!

keepthefaith
July 2nd, 2015, 08:03 AM
Hi Ladies, how is everyone doing? I was at midwife yesterday and all looking good with my little princess! She is going to have a long body and shorter legs, needing a pair of heels the midwife said lol. Can't believe i am 29 weeks this weekend, definitely fastest pregnancy ever! I am horrified mind you that I have gained 3 STONE which is absolutely unbelievable. I am going to have to try and watch what I am eating and exercise a bit. The day I found out I was pregnant I had reached my target weight which was my lowest ever weight, makes my weight gain seem HUMUNGOUS. So depressing. I WILL definitely lose it after though, DH and I going to do the sway again, just for the weight loss side of it! I will not be keeping this weight on NO CHANCE!

Burakoam
July 2nd, 2015, 09:53 AM
Glucose test tomorrow at 8 am and 26 weeks tomorrow too...most of us are almost at that 30 week mark where i feel the pregnancy really starts to fly..i may survive this pregnancy yet! Hah

Angel29ique
July 2nd, 2015, 10:42 AM
Goodluck tomorroe Bura, i have my second on the 4th of august.
Little tip: her in Denmark they allow you to put a sqeeze of lemon juice in it. .. it neutrals the sweet taste and i found it much better to drink.. yes its still digusting.. but not as much :)

Rosie85
July 2nd, 2015, 11:35 AM
For some reason the glucose drink i had tasted delicious. I thought that was a sure sign of gd for me. Haha. My sugars were fine thank goodness. The nurse was very disgusted that i chugged it and went yumm afterward. Hahaha

Keshet
July 2nd, 2015, 03:30 PM
I had the orange flavor yesterday and it was disgusting. I wonder about the results...given that I am gaining so much weight daily.

Rosie85
July 2nd, 2015, 03:52 PM
They tried to give me orange...i asked for the clear lemon lime. Yummy!! You don't get your results right away keshet? I got mine 3 minutes after they took my blood.

ashleybrooke277
July 2nd, 2015, 08:16 PM
Hey everyone my name is Ashley due date November 27th I'm needing some help they told me I was having girl then say it looked like boy now they say girl what do you guys think25963

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

ashleybrooke277
July 2nd, 2015, 08:19 PM
Hey my name is Ashley due November 27th was going to see if you could help mr with gender I have heard boy and girl what you think by picture25964

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

2boysJustOneGirl
July 2nd, 2015, 10:28 PM
That looks boyish. Welcome Ashley!

[emoji178]

Claire33
July 3rd, 2015, 12:12 PM
Have you got any other pics Ashley? 2D potty shots or 12-14 weeks nub/side shots?

Mulberry Smurf
July 3rd, 2015, 12:17 PM
looks like a little boy to me? xx

Burakoam
July 4th, 2015, 12:52 AM
Worst day possible. They messed up with my order for my glucose test and the lab they normally send us to was closed for the freaking 4th of july on the freaking 3rd of july... Like wtf.. Another lab in the hospital was willing to do it but there was no freaking order in the system for me to have on i was so cheesed off tried to call dr office and they too were closed the 3rd of freaking july. Wtf!!!

Now i get to take my test monday. Freaking BS. replace "freaking" with another colorful F word and you have my favorite word of the day... Also.. SON OF A.... grrrrrrr

:hair:

Burakoam
July 4th, 2015, 01:08 AM
I swear that could be the 3D shot of my 2D 20 week scan which both the tech and many others swear is a girl so id say girl... if you have any other 2D potty shots from 16 weeks+ we could maybe get a better idea off of those. I see 3 lines after all...even if i would swear up and down that i see a penis too

EmileeJane
July 6th, 2015, 02:57 PM
Sorry Bura that's rough lady. How could they not think that one through a little better? !
2boys- so sorry to hear about your mom. I am hoping things aren't as bad as they seem. I can relate to some of the way you feel. My mom will have been gone for 10 yrs come sept. It is UNBELIEVABLLY hard that she has missed so much in my life. She will never hold her grand kids or babysit them or be with me in the delivery room. It's hard to not have her to hug and just talk with. No matter what all any of us have is right now. So take advantage of the time you have with everyone you love. This perspective is good reminder for us all! Hugs lady!

EmileeJane
July 6th, 2015, 08:26 PM
I have more of an observation to report and I am wondering if any of you have experienced this. Since we've found out its a girl and are telling people, the reactions are shocking to me. Everyone that asks including minor acquaintances and strangers (all women) are far more excited that I am having a girl than they ever were when I would say boy. I mean people are ecstatic for me, hugging me even. I didn't have those reactions when I was pregnant with either boy. It's strange and it irks me! Reminding me to be extra sensitive and mindful of what I say to others when they tell me what they're having.
It really does seem like a majority of women have a girl preference. Which I suppose I did/do too since I'm here. I am, however, so much more aware of what my boys have brought to my life and taught me. I am so grateful for them. They have truly shaped and changed me and my way of thinking in general and especially about what raising boys means to me and us as a family.
Has anyone else experienced this over joy from random ladies when you say 'girl'?

Rosie85
July 6th, 2015, 10:25 PM
Emj....i obviously havent personally experienced it but i see it. It is somsad to me. I hate people and the way they act about so many things. I have heard so many apologies and oh i feel so sorry for yous about having 3 boys. I am starting to actually tell people to f**k off if they comment like that...ive become rageful and hurt by it all. Had enough of it. If i have a girl i hope to not hear any lame comments like oh finally or you are so lucky to get your girl...yuck.

kitkat18
July 6th, 2015, 10:38 PM
EMJ just crashing in to say ' totally'!! I get quite angry about some of the comments I have received. It is hard to shrug it off. I treat her no different to the boys and don't even dress her very girly. It's so nice that we all 'get' it!!! Xxx

Claire33
July 7th, 2015, 05:40 PM
EmJ, I made a thread about this exact topic a while ago:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/genderdreaming-babies-post-your-story-/48585-annoying-comments-when-you-actually-get-your-dg.html

Burakoam
July 7th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Failed my glucose screening...also had a bad reaction to it. near the 1 hour mark maybe about 10-15 minutes before they drew my blood my chest started to feel very tight and i started yawning like crazy and just felt completely wiped out...well the lady who drew my blood noticed all this and before i knew it i was passed out in a recliner with people trying to wake me up, keep me coherent, commenting on my slow response time etc...i thought i was being sent to see my dr because of my reaction but they took me to the ER where i received hands down the worst care possible up to but not limited to them letting some new guy do my IV where he stuck me so hard and deep i bled all over and my hand hurt during and AFTER they took the IV out..i have a nice puncture mark scar.

The worst part is my levels were high enough for me to fail, but not high enough they feel comfortable letting me skip the 3 hour test..so i have to go back and drink more of that stuff...much more...two bottles instead of 1 more...and hope that i dont go into a coma i suppose...never had this kind of reaction to the sugar test in either pregnancy not sure whats going on...they said i was behaving as if my blood sugar was very low but it was 155 so wtf?

Burakoam
July 7th, 2015, 08:16 PM
Anyone have that experience or know someone who did that can tell me what happened? they outright refused to accept it was a reaction to the test which is just dumb..i felt fine, great even before the test and only new where my levels would have spiked supposedly did i start to feel like garbage...idk...yet despite the 'high' number i had signs and symptoms of low sugar? how flipping weird.

keepthefaith
July 7th, 2015, 09:31 PM
burakoam, got not advice but wanted to say thinking about you and it all sounds horrible. Really hope you get sorted soon. Xx

XXforhubby
July 7th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Burakoam- wow! What happens is initially your body goes into shock with high numbers. Your body has to catch up and try to begin to produce enough insulin to counteract the high glucose. Enter in you passing out. Then as your body begins to produce the insulin needed to lower the glucose levels, your start to feel sick like you would have expected to initially. Then your blood sugar levels get lower than they were before you drank the drink and had your bad reaction- the so called sugar crash. This can make people feel really ill or feel like their sugar levels are high, but they are not. Does this make sense?

To recap, shock (high glucose levels), feeling ill (body trying to produce insulin needed), then feeling really sick or like your levels are too high (body coming down off high sugar levels aka sugar crash).

EmileeJane
July 7th, 2015, 11:34 PM
EmJ, I made a thread about this exact topic a while ago:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/genderdreaming-babies-post-your-story-/48585-annoying-comments-when-you-actually-get-your-dg.html

Yep Claire you got it! I also was not trying to be smug and hoped I didn't offend anyone. Just like you and others said, very protective of my boys still. Probably always will be!

Bura- sorry to hear about your test and time in ER. Can you sit down with your doctor and ask what more can be done to help you get through this in the most comfortable way possible?
Feel better:(

Burakoam
July 7th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Interesting.. I was thinking my symptoms reflected insulin shock but i went from 0-100 real fast considering the blood draw showed my numbers at 155... I wish they wouldnt make me do the 3 hr test im scared out of my mind at what more will do if one bottle did that...

Claire33
July 8th, 2015, 04:00 AM
Bura, I'm so sorry about your experience. Remember, no one can force you to do that test. You can tell your dr. that you are not taking that test anymore, unless he has a really really really good reason to do it, and convince you why. I mean, you're not supposed to pass out from a glucose test and have to go to the ER, that's not normal. I would NOT do that test until I've spoken to someone who knows what he/she is talking about and who can convince you that you actually need to do that test and that it won't risk your life. I must say I'm shocked that they are downplaying this the way they are. "Oh, you passed out and needed to got to the ER? No problem, let's do it all again!" Medical care is still voluntary as far as I've heard!

Rosie85
July 8th, 2015, 08:39 AM
How horrible bura! I am with claire...refuse the test and just assume you have gd. I hope it all works out for you.

Burakoam
July 9th, 2015, 04:05 PM
Hubby went with me and i was brave today and did the 3 hour test.. I handled it fine today, no bad reaction... Thankfully. I did fail though. I officially have gestational diabetes... Yay to finger sticks and diet adjustments..

Claire33
July 9th, 2015, 05:34 PM
Bura, I'm glad your 3 hour test went well, even though you failed. Good luck with dealing with your GD now. Bug hugs to you!

Burakoam
July 9th, 2015, 06:40 PM
Because we cant rely on ultrasounds for weight measurements and they cant get accurate shoulder measurements with the baby all squished up we are doing a c section for the sake of her health even though its a harder recovery for me.. So ill be joining my fellow mommys with c section experience...hoping if i approach it with a positive attitude recovery will be just slightly easier...

Babyxx
July 9th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in a very long time, and haven't read too far back in the posts, but I hope everyone is doing well :)

I am 31 weeks now, and I had to do the 2 hour glucose test, apparently one of my levels was a bit high, so I now have to go to see a nutrition councillor, I have no idea what's going on, I don't think I have diabetes but not really sure...

Also, I have had to go for a couple of fetal echocardiograms, the baby has a slightly enlarged artery of the heart, but the cardiologist seem optimistic that it's not a huge problem, and it still seems within the normal limits.

What else, not too much, can't believe I'm almost 32 weeks! I have no idea how much weight I have gained, I also didn't know with my previous pregnancies, I just would rather not be fixated on the numbers!

Oh and I'm totally afraid that I won't make it to the hospital this time, I have quick deliveries, and my OB said this one will be very quick! He gave me the option to induce early, but I just don't think I can do it, even a week early, I would be afraid that I'm making a mistake, ugh, can't decide what to do... Ended up driving myself to the hospital last time with terrible contractions, what a nightmare!

Anyone get induced in fear of not making it to the hospital? I was induced with ds1 but only because he was almost 10 days overdue...

Burakoam
July 9th, 2015, 11:33 PM
Babyxx- if the level that was high was over 200 with first glucose test the doctors here generally send you straight off to the counselor and just diagnose you as having the gestational diabetes... Only way to know if thats what has happened is to ask them what your level was that was high..it sounds like thats what they think though or that your levels were close enough they think your diet needs a change up hence the counselor

I was induced with DD1 at 38 weeks...she was born a healthy 7.5 pound alert and oriented baby. It comes down to what your gut says though.. I knew she was ready.

Claire33
July 10th, 2015, 05:06 AM
Babyxx, sorry I can't share experiences with inducing labour. I had one quick labor (but made it to hospital) and 2 c-sections, going for a 3rd now.

Bura, my personal tip with c-sections is to just be realistic in what you won't be able to do the first day or 2 and that it WILL hurt to get up, turn etc. and that you WILL need help with baby in the beginning. After day 2 things start going up hill. Don't let them be stingy with the pain relief in the beginning either. They always try to give me pain relief every 4 hours, but I know that I need it every 2-3 hours, and insist on them giving it to me early. After my first c-section I was too scared to ask for more pain relief but the second time around I was more empowered, which helped. GL!

srg09cag11
July 11th, 2015, 11:06 AM
With c-sections, it's all about knowing your own body. I don't do the heavy pain medication -- no morphine or vicodin. I hate the way those meds make me feel, and I just stay on top of taking the ibuprofen preventatively for a few days, and I'm usually finished with it within four or five days. And I'm a pain wimp!

Know how you feel, but do stay ahead of the pain. Also, stool softeners! I hadn't ever been given those in my tiny local hospital, and the last section was in a bigger city, and the stool softeners were a god-send.

2boysJustOneGirl
July 12th, 2015, 07:10 AM
I won't comment about my emotional feelings about my c-section vs. my vbac but I will say that physically I managed fine with non-narcotic pain control too. Naproxen works wonders! The recovery from my vbac was MUCH easier and faster- still painful but nothing compared to surgery.

I am thankful to you all for your support- news of my mom having cancer was a blow I didn't expect. This week I was to be due with my girl- the one I lost around Christmas. Instead I am flying to the city to meet with my mom and her surgeon. I suppose it's a blessing I am not due so I can be with her but it's still going to be a very emotional week. I am hopeful for good news and a hasty surgical date, we can't say until then what stage the cancer is and if more treatment will be needed.

[emoji178]

XXforhubby
July 12th, 2015, 07:27 AM
I'm praying for you and your mom 2boys! My heart goes out to you, with all you have been and are still going through! Keep us posted and know that we are here for you!

Big hugs [emoji8]!

Burakoam
July 12th, 2015, 09:01 AM
Prayers for you and your mom 2boys....

Babyxx
July 12th, 2015, 10:46 PM
Babyxx- if the level that was high was over 200 with first glucose test the doctors here generally send you straight off to the counselor and just diagnose you as having the gestational diabetes... Only way to know if thats what has happened is to ask them what your level was that was high..it sounds like thats what they think though or that your levels were close enough they think your diet needs a change up hence the counselor

I was induced with DD1 at 38 weeks...she was born a healthy 7.5 pound alert and oriented baby. It comes down to what your gut says though.. I knew she was ready.

Thanks for the info, yes they were very vague and didn't explain any of this to me about the levels...

Yes, I am kind of leaning towards the induction, just seems like it might be the best option, thanks for sharing:)

tarasue
July 14th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Hi everyone,

I haven't been here in a very long time, and haven't read too far back in the posts, but I hope everyone is doing well :)

I am 31 weeks now, and I had to do the 2 hour glucose test, apparently one of my levels was a bit high, so I now have to go to see a nutrition councillor, I have no idea what's going on, I don't think I have diabetes but not really sure...

Also, I have had to go for a couple of fetal echocardiograms, the baby has a slightly enlarged artery of the heart, but the cardiologist seem optimistic that it's not a huge problem, and it still seems within the normal limits.

What else, not too much, can't believe I'm almost 32 weeks! I have no idea how much weight I have gained, I also didn't know with my previous pregnancies, I just would rather not be fixated on the numbers!

Oh and I'm totally afraid that I won't make it to the hospital this time, I have quick deliveries, and my OB said this one will be very quick! He gave me the option to induce early, but I just don't think I can do it, even a week early, I would be afraid that I'm making a mistake, ugh, can't decide what to do... Ended up driving myself to the hospital last time with terrible contractions, what a nightmare!

Anyone get induced in fear of not making it to the hospital? I was induced with ds1 but only because he was almost 10 days overdue...

Glad to hear from you!

I'm scared I won't make it in time. With my second I woke up at 5:30 thinking I really need to go #2, tmi, after feeling that urge every 4 min during the next half hour, I put two and two together and jumped in the shower quick. In the 5 minutes I was in the shower things escalated quickly!! Got to the hospital about 6:20, had to stop at the registration desk and fill out papers because our hospital doesn't let you pre- register...... Ds2 arrived at 7:40!!!! Only about a two hour labor!

I was dilated at a 4 for four weeks before he came, when they first checked me at the hospital I was a 9 and it was go time!

They say babies come quicker each time. There's a name for having under a two hour labor, but they say those women can't waste any time when the ball starts rolling! Luckily, we live about 10 min from the hospital and my brother lives half a block away, so he can get her quick when the time comes[emoji28]. I'm not too concerned yet, but I'm only 22 weeks right now!

tarasue
July 14th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Praying for you and your mom 2boys! My due date with the baby I lost would be coming up at the end of the month too. Take care, and stay strong[emoji123]🏻!

XXforhubby
July 14th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Glad to hear from you!

I'm scared I won't make it in time. With my second I woke up at 5:30 thinking I really need to go #2, tmi, after feeling that urge every 4 min during the next half hour, I put two and two together and jumped in the shower quick. In the 5 minutes I was in the shower things escalated quickly!! Got to the hospital about 6:20, had to stop at the registration desk and fill out papers because our hospital doesn't let you pre- register...... Ds2 arrived at 7:40!!!! Only about a two hour labor!

I was dilated at a 4 for four weeks before he came, when they first checked me at the hospital I was a 9 and it was go time!

They say babies come quicker each time. There's a name for having under a two hour labor, but they say those women can't waste any time when the ball starts rolling! Luckily, we live about 10 min from the hospital and my brother lives half a block away, so he can get her quick when the time comes[emoji28]. I'm not too concerned yet, but I'm only 22 weeks right now!

Did I read this correctly? Did you say her?! Have you opened the envelop and are having a DD?!!?

keepthefaith
July 14th, 2015, 11:57 AM
I think she meant "there" but I'm hoping I'm wrong lol

Babyxx
July 14th, 2015, 09:24 PM
Glad to hear from you!

Wow Tarasue,
That is crazy and so similar to my story!
I also thought I had to do #2, but then I clued in to what it was...
I was in so much pain when I got to the hospital and it was actually a closer hospital that I had to go to, so I wasn't registered there, and I was fiddling around with my health card and the paperwork, just dying in pain! When they first checked me I was 8.5 cm dilated, but still got the epidural at 10 cm! So my first contraction was just after 1:00, and I had ds2 around 3:15. Ugh what an experience..

Thanks for sharing your story with me!

Burakoam
July 15th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Its official...we saw very obvious girl parts at the ultrasound last night. Baby is currently frank breech and i was a bit of a grumpy party pooper when we couldnt get any decent looks at her face... The tech tried for 20 minutes but baby was not moving from her position...she snuck between her legs with me in a very specific position to get the one picture that was snag worthy from it all... Which i will post. Baby measures 2.7 pounds...full pouty lips like her daddy but thats really all we could see.. She literally had her knee smashed into her nose at one point...

Burakoam
July 15th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Thankfully we go back in two weeks free of charge because of her position

tarasue
July 15th, 2015, 09:47 AM
No!!! Sorry girls, we still don't know the gender, sorry if there was a typo[emoji16]

Burakoam
July 15th, 2015, 05:02 PM
Hope everyone else is still handling pregnancy well. Its dragging to 30 weeks at this point where i suspect it will speed up slightly until 35-36 weeks when it will drag again

keepthefaith
July 15th, 2015, 05:20 PM
I'm just over 30 weeks and wish time would go faster too!

Claire33
July 16th, 2015, 06:35 AM
Bura, I guess now you know 100% sure that it is a girl. Congrats, I wish I had more than one girl :) My baby didn't want to show her face either, there was always a hand, foot or leg in front of the face. Mine is also breech for now. I guess we are both having c-sections, so breech is not something I am too worried about. My other three have all been head down from early in pregnancy, my first breech baby.

Burakoam
July 16th, 2015, 08:05 AM
At this point claire it was a relief to hear girl... I had already come to terms with being an all girl mom and know many women dream of my 'luck' so to speak and so my next goal is to reach a level of grace where i understand i am truly lucky to have 3 beautiful healthy girls. I love my first two and have no gender disappointment at all concerning their sisterhood. I did with this one at first.... But something about how much my husband adores her makes her very very special to me and now i can honestly say i wouldnt trade her for a son at this point even if i could... And in that i know i AM lucky to have reached that level of love and acceptance alot of others really struggle woth sometimes even after birth.. I probably dont come across as thankful very often but lately i have
Been extraordinarily thankful for alot of things...

I just wish i had seen more of her face.. Her eyes open, thumb sucking, yawning... Anything. I know kids have a funny way of having their own plans... We did get to see her wiggling toes and confirm she has big feet like her daddy lol... Tech measured her feet an said she had some good size feet for an almost 28 weeker lol

And she is so so high up in my ribs that her head is closer to my heart and i have to say knowing that makes me feel pretty special...

XXforhubby
July 17th, 2015, 02:19 PM
I just had my next scan, and I am 20 weeks 1 day! It's hard to believe that I'm half way there to snuggling with my little man [emoji4]! He is so sweet! He was trying to get comfortable to sleep during the scan. He kept covering his face with his arms or using them as a pillow [emoji4]! We couldn't get a shot of his spine with his back facing us, but I'm not worrying about any spinal issues. I took more than the recommended amount of folate and I took choline to prevent additional spinal issues.

I can't wait to meet him! I think he's going to look the most like my DH than all of the boys so far. His profile and face look just like DH's baby pics. It was so sweet to get a glimpse of his personality! I'm so in love [emoji4]!

How is everyone else doing?

Claire33
July 17th, 2015, 03:36 PM
XX- I'm glad your scan went well and you are in love with your baby boy! I'm sure your husband will come round and be equally in love too!

XXforhubby
July 17th, 2015, 03:42 PM
Oh he is already! He's been talking of all the things he wants to with him and the boys! You should have seen his face light up when we saw his face! My DH said teary eyed, "Oh, he has my lips and nose"! He is hoping he looks like him [emoji4]!

Now if we could come up with a name that goes with Elliot and Isaac, we would be doing better! I want the middle name to be Michael.

Any suggestions? I think DH wants to stick with a vowel first letter. Adam and Oliver are out.

Burakoam
July 17th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Im going to go with "a" names since then you have " A E I" lol

Alexander is a good strong name and i feel fits with with your other two names..Asher, Aiden...

XXforhubby
July 18th, 2015, 07:54 AM
I love Asher, but DH is a school principal and has one that is difficult :/. I was thinking about Amos. For some reason I can't stop thinking about both Amos and Otis for some reason! DH likes both of them, which is rare, lol!! We will see!

I love Alexander though, too! I'm open to more suggestions!!

Claire33
July 18th, 2015, 08:20 AM
Oscar?

I'm glad your DH came with you the scan and could see how much he looks like him :awe:

MY DH is at least very proud of his three boys, I think he is very lucky. He has luckily never had GD, even though he wouldn't mind having a daughter, he would be just as fine without :)

XXforhubby
July 18th, 2015, 09:02 AM
Oscar?

I'm glad your DH came with you the scan and could see how much he looks like him :awe:

MY DH is at least very proud of his three boys, I think he is very lucky. He has luckily never had GD, even though he wouldn't mind having a daughter, he would be just as fine without :)

My DH is getting there too. The other day we ran into a couple that had three DD's about our boys ages. Let's say my DH was glad we have three boys!! I reminded him that all kids have their food and bad days, but DH said our boys' bad days aren't like that! Basically the girls were whining a lot. We are lucky that our boys just don't whine, they never have.

I do think he would be ecstatic to just just have one DD though! The girl mom suffers from GD. She and I talked a lot at the park. It breaks my heart when people have GD. I think it's something that you never truly get over just learn to cope with [emoji20].

Sigh. I think I'll secretly sway for my DH, if this little guy is as flexible of a person as my DS2.

XXforhubby
July 18th, 2015, 09:06 AM
I love the name Oscar but DH doesn't like anymore [emoji53].

Angel29ique
July 18th, 2015, 05:02 PM
My sons name is Aiden so im a big fan of that name :-)

keepthefaith
July 18th, 2015, 05:05 PM
I like Elliot for a boy [emoji5]️

XXforhubby
July 18th, 2015, 06:01 PM
My DS1 is Elliot!! I'm in need of a name that goes with Elliot and Isaac. So far DH and I like Amos and Otis.

keepthefaith
July 18th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Ha ha I never noticed XX lol

My DS1 is Elliot!! I'm in need of a name that goes with Elliot and Isaac. So far DH and I like Amos and Otis.

Claire33
July 19th, 2015, 12:12 PM
XX, you are a good wife who is willing to try again for a girl for your DH :) Any chance of going HT? I know it's expensive and doesn't give any guarantees, but still...

XXforhubby
July 19th, 2015, 12:23 PM
No. We don't have the finances and I'm not interested in doing that. I honestly feel had I not been taking that supplement and had to take things to increase my fertility, I would have a DD now for DH. Plus, I was micromanaging SO much while TTCing!

DH has agreed to try for baby #4 when this little guy is 6mo. I'm going to relax this time- no temping, no opks. We are just going to BD every 4 days, have me do Atomics fertility diet with no meat (vegetarian protein sources only), fiber before fatty meals only, and walking DS2 to a park 5 days a week (1 hour of cardio for me- I'll be wearing DS3 [emoji4]). Plus I'll still be nursing DS3. We will see. I think this is a much better sway. DH wants to start not using protection when this little guy is 4mo!! That is crazy! Buuut, my maternal condition will still be low from giving birth and nursing so who knows!! Time will tell!

Babyxx
July 19th, 2015, 11:06 PM
Xx,

I love the name Asher, I wanted to name my ds2 that, but Dh didn't like it as much as I do...

I also like Roman, but I know R is not a vowel...you said you may want it to start with a vowel..

keepthefaith
July 20th, 2015, 03:37 AM
A young boy I know is called Albie which really suits him! Just another idea!

Can't believe I'm 31 weeks and a day! Hoping time speeds up now!

Angel29ique
July 20th, 2015, 03:49 AM
One of my friends her son is called Amiel.. also like that name :-)

XXforhubby
July 20th, 2015, 05:30 AM
I love the name ides ladies! Keep them coming [emoji3]!

KTF- I can't believe you are 31 weeks already! I hope the time flies by for you! I'm just 10 weeks behind you!!

Rosie85
July 20th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Hey ladies. I have been so busy. We are trying to find a new house and its taking all my time and energy especially since its over an hour away and we have been doing nothing but driving it seems. So over it. We almost put an offer in finally and then it didnt feel right so we are back to square 1.

I have an appointment today and then i will be switching docs since we will be moving. How is everyone else doing?!

Angel29ique
July 20th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Two more names XX that where on my boys names list: Ashton, Esben (danish) .
However if this pregnancy had been a boy aswell we had decided to name him Milan :-)

keepthefaith
July 20th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Is anyone else feeling anxious about going into labour again?? It's suddenly hit me that this baby is getting massive and has to come out in next 9 weeks or less!! The last two times I have had inductions for one reason or another so i have never actually gone into natural labour and I'm really scared!! Help lol

XXforhubby
July 20th, 2015, 07:09 PM
You and your body know what to do. Try and relax and know it starts off slow and then gets faster/more intense. This is of course unless your water breaks first, then it's hit the ground running!

My best advice that has always helped me and has stayed with me is to stay ahead of the pain and keep breathing through it. When we hold our breath the pain doesn't get released and is then hard to stay on top of. Also don't be afraid to ask to be in a different position or have your DH advocate that for you. I had back labor once I got to 7cm and being on all fours doing pelvic rolls helped so much! I actually pushed him out squatting on the hospital bed! Crazy! Both of my pregnancies were unmedicated. I always ask for it but can't have any [emoji20]. I have severe scoliosis with lumbar lordosis and no anesthesiologist will give me an epidural. I can't have fentanyl (the narcotic comment in epidurals) that they can give IV because CII narcotics lower my BP too much and cause a horrid migraine and a rebound migraine that doesn't respond to medication 6-12 hours later [emoji20].

Burakoam
July 20th, 2015, 09:32 PM
Awww XX :( have you tried a water birth? i know some women swear by them as being a god send for natural labor because the water is soothing to your stomach as you contract..among other reasons to choose a water birth :)

ultrasound next week to hopefully see baby's face without her legs in front of it...im getting really impatient and have been having a horrid time with early nesting..i know thats what it comes down to because normally im a pretty laid back (some would even say lazy) person and it just seems nothing is clean or organized enough for me right now.

Angel29ique
July 21st, 2015, 12:57 AM
Same here ktf. My first labour experience was not as i had expected at all. The calm and slow start XX is talking about didnt happen too me. I started with contractions 40 sec apart (no water bbreaking yet) and kept that way until my son was born 3 hours later. So for my first experience i actually found it very hard to get over. Im already dreading this delivery since they keep on telling me that it goes even faster the second time.. :-/

Burakoam
July 21st, 2015, 12:58 AM
For those of you on your 4th + did each labor progess faster and sooner? I know ive hear every subsequent pregnancy you tend to efface and dialate earlier or easier and im just wondering how true that is. Was in labor for a few days dialating slowly but fully effaced. Kept going to doc only to get sent home but i was dialating by one cm each day it seemed until i jumped from 3 to 5... This was with my second and idk if i should be on the look out around 35-36 weeks because of that or not with this one...

EmileeJane
July 21st, 2015, 12:11 PM
Lots going on gals!
I'm jealous to hear about a couple or your quick labors!!! I'd love to shave a few(or more) hours off of this one!
Keepthefaith I am starting to sweat labor again this time. I have positive affirmations hung all over my house and need to start listening to some calming and focus techniques regularly. It's a lot of practice and ritual in hopes of maintaining some for the actual day. I just don't want to be in so much pain/fear this time. At least now I sort of know what to expect and hope that helps but I still have anxiety.
Xx I can't believe you're half way already! Although I'm wondering if any of you gals who took a while to fall pregnant or had a miscarriage feel like you've been pregnant for a long time? I must say am at the end of 24 wks and feel like I should be delivering this baby soon or already delivered. August of last yr is when we started trying so to me I feels like I've been pregnant for a year!
2boys, so sorry again to hear about your mom. I'm glad that things worked out in a way to make you available to be with her at this pivotal time in her and your life. Hugs to you both.

I have a Dr appt tomorrow. I assume it'll be a quick one. I am getting anxious to talk labor with my doc and see what he is thinking. This will be VBAC#2 so there's still protocol or whatever. Thinking and hoping he has no concerns.
I'm feeling baby girl kick a lot and getting stronger! Wanting to rush this and meet her and trying not to rush at the same time. Excited to hear when you gals start having your babes!

srg09cag11
July 21st, 2015, 04:55 PM
XX, my husband and I are both high school teachers, so I know all about how certain students "ruin" names. We've both had to nix names that the other really liked for this reason.

My doctor's office just called, and I failed the one-hour glucose test. I had sort of guessed that I would, since I fell asleep in the waiting room after drinking the sugary drink. I failed it with my last pregnancy too, but I passed the three-hour. I'm hoping to do the same this time, although it's such a long, boring time waiting to complete this test. I also have low iron levels, which could explain my exhaustion the last couple of weeks again. I'll be starting a supplement soon.

My c-section should be scheduled for 37 weeks, so as of today, I only have 8 more to go! Seems crazy!

Rosie85
July 24th, 2015, 03:45 PM
Just hopping on to say i prob wont be around anymore...not that anyone would notice. My husband lost his job and we are homeless now so I will be focusing on that.

Jany1025
July 24th, 2015, 03:52 PM
Just hopping on to say i prob wont be around anymore...not that anyone would notice. My husband lost his job and we are homeless now so I will be focusing on that.

What Rosie? OMG I am so sorry! Are you staying with family at least?

Jany1025
July 24th, 2015, 03:57 PM

Also I would notice as I remember when you had your loss and I know you are team green now. I pray things get better for you and your family. Hope you find a way to update us with your baby! Best of Luck Rosie...

Junie
July 24th, 2015, 04:05 PM
I am so so sorry Rosie! I hope you have family or friends that can take you all in while you weather through this. Big big hugs to you!!!

XXforhubby
July 24th, 2015, 04:18 PM

OMG Rosie! I would most definitely notice, sweetie! I am so sorry this has happened! Is there family or friends that can support you and your family right now? Where in the states are you? I'm in Illinois...if you are close!

mommymachine
July 24th, 2015, 04:43 PM
Rosie I have been following your story since your losses. I am so sorry you are going through this. I hope you can get help from family or friends. I am so so sorry.

Adia
July 24th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Rosie, of course we'll notice you not around. Some of us have been on here forever and keep an eye out for people who have also been around for a while.

Best of luck with DH job loss and getting back on your feet. Remember tough times don't last, tough people do.

Hang in there and keep us posted on that baby!!!

Keshet
July 25th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Rosie, I would miss you. I always keep an eye out for your posts. We went through losses at the same time and are now both team green and due at the same time. I am really sorry for all that is going on. We are all here to support you.

Burakoam
July 25th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Rosie you are in my thoughts and prayers..i hope you are able to log in long enough to at least see all the support from all of us flowing your way...You have alot on your plate and i hope things come back together quickly for you so there is as little stress as possible...

9 weeks and 6 days or less until i meet my newest addition....the countdown begins.

Angel29ique
July 25th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Same here Rosie, we would all miss you here, know that.
I wish you and your family all the best and hope that things soon turn for the better.

How exciting Bura..! When is your due date? Mine is the 25th of october

Burakoam
July 25th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Due date is october 9th but they have a c section planned for october 2nd if i dont go into labor sooner.. Ideally id have her september 26th... It will be one year exactly since my grandma passed away.. It would mean alot to me and my momif i had her that day... Id be 38 weeks

kcumm9695
July 28th, 2015, 12:40 AM
my due date is october 19th. I have a dr. appointment to talk about a scheduled c-section since my first child (Serina) never descended into the birth canal after over 48 hours of labor with no meds. I also never dialated past 6cm but was 100% efaced. just wondering what some thoughts are. I've had a rough pregnancy too with passing out and they are looking at my heart now.

Burakoam
July 28th, 2015, 08:54 PM
Bringing these here...

Baby is head down snuggled into my hip.. Measuring 3 pounds 4 ounces.. Looks just like her daddy ee got good shots today. Tech said baby is a snuggler just wanted her face smashed into me the whole time..

Oh and HAIR!! Measurable amounts and length is almost 1 c.. You can see it in all of her shots basically the wiggly lines on her head are hair

keepthefaith
July 28th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Omg she's beautiful Burakoam, cutest pics!! Xx

Burakoam
July 28th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Kcumm-- is your iron within normal limits or is it low? They did ekgs on me and looked at my heart when i was having similar issues and my iron was very low but heart ended up looking fine...i dont feel i can offer advice on the c section other than to say for different reasons i am going to have one myself for the sake of this baby after what happened to her older sister...

XXforhubby
July 29th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Oh my, Bura is she ever adorable [emoji4]! Such a cute little baby girl!!

I too wonder what this little man looks like. My last US showed facial features a lot like my DH's. I just can't wait to snuggle with him too [emoji4]!

kcumm9695
July 29th, 2015, 12:48 PM
Burakoam-- yes my iron was low they found that I'm anemic, my potassium is low, and my magnesium. so recently I have started taking pills for all of these. but that is definitly a relief to know my iron could be the cause. with my daughter it was 48 hours of nothing. i was in labor for 24 hours before my contractions became too much for talking and we went to the hospital. dialated to 4 when i got there dialated to 6cm later that night and the next day i was still only dialated to 6. they broke my water and gave me something to speed up the labor and i just never progressed. i will probably schedule one to prevent the same situation it's just scary

Burakoam
July 29th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Yes kcumm that could be what it is. My potassium was low too...could be exactly whats causing those issues for you. Let them check your heart to keep your mind at ease but hopefully knowing it could be your iron and minerals being out of wack gives you hope its nothing super serious... In your shoes i would schedule the surgery. It is a scary thing, so is the idea of anything going wrong that could affect the baby too though. It may bring comfort if you prepare for it this time only because you know you dont have to worry about suspended or prolonged labor.

Burakoam
July 29th, 2015, 11:04 PM
Wow, have any of you experienced let down of breastmilk before birth before? I have experienced leaking before birth the previous two times... But just now i soaked through my t shirt.. I mean soaked. What on earth?

XXforhubby
July 30th, 2015, 12:38 AM
This is the first time for me too Bura! As I was taking off my sports bra tonight after working out, I noticed the insides of my bra were wet. As I looked at my nipples, I had dried, caked milk on them that I had to gently scrub off in the shower. I wonder if this had been going for awhile, and I just noticed. Crazy, huh?!

EmileeJane
August 2nd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Rosie- I am so sorry to hear about the job loss. I certainly hope you have friends/family helping you out. I'm sure it all seems dismal and hopeless now but I promise it won't last. We lost everything in a house fire 2 yrs ago. One of the lowest hardest times of my life. 1 yr later we moved out of my in laws and bought our own place. Take all the help you're offered even though it is SO hard. Believe me, I know. Hugs to you and your family. Just know as bad as it seems it won't last.

Babyxx
August 3rd, 2015, 12:24 AM
Rosie,

So sorry to hear what you are going through, I also hope you have family and or friends that can help you out..
Please remember that we are thinking of you, I'm sure things will get better soon