PDA

View Full Version : HCG levels after mc and ovulation

Grace
January 11th, 2015, 07:09 AM
Two weeks after my mc I had some bloodwork, and the betaHCG level was 37. My bleeding finaly stopped the day before. Four days later (18 days after the mc) I noticed a tiny bit of ewcm. How fast do beta levels drop? Is it possible I ovulated just a few days after that result? I'd rather not go in for another blood test and just wait it out. Would love to hear your thoughts xxx

QueenB3blue
January 11th, 2015, 08:06 AM
About 3 weeks after my mc bleeding started my hcg was at 38. The next week I was at 17. Then the 5th week I was at 8.8. 3 days later I got a positive opk. If I remember correctly I noticed small amounts of ewcm the whole week before my +opk.
Hcg levels drop different for everyone. I think a d&c can make them drop quicker. Sorry, I can't remember if you had a d&c or not:-/ my mc was natural at around 12 weeks, baby had passed weeks before.
Hope this helps:)
Good Luck!

Grace
January 11th, 2015, 08:39 AM
Thank QueenB! My mc was natural, no d&c. Bleeding started at 6 weeks, but I had some spotting a week before that, so I have a feeling baby had stopped developing then.

atomic sagebrush
January 11th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I think it's pretty unlikely. EWCM can come whenever you make a little bit extra estrogen, you don't necessarily have to be ovulating.

Can you get a cheapie pg test? That will tell you if it's still positive, that it's next to impossible that you ovulated.

essnce629
January 11th, 2015, 04:53 PM
My miscarriage was a natural one at 7 weeks with 10 days of bleeding. HCG was 6000 when bleeding started, just under 3000 two days later, 55 two weeks later, and 15 a few days before O. I O'd a week late, 21 days after my miscarriage bleeding started (confirmed with +opk and temp rise). AF started on CD35, so also a week late. I also had an initial LH surge, ewcm, and +opks at my normal O time from CD13-15, but I didn't O then (no temp rise).

2boysJustOneGirl
January 19th, 2015, 07:45 AM
It's so confusing isn't it? And so very individual. There is no way to predict ovulation after a loss-that's my theory and I am sticking to it. The rate at which Hcg levels go up and down is also completely unpredictable. It's a hard place to be in and I know how frustrating it is- I am actually grateful now that AF arrived. I don't have to question or wonder anymore and it's a huge relief. Just give it time- it gets easier 💛

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junie
January 19th, 2015, 07:58 AM
It's so confusing isn't it? And so very individual. There is no way to predict ovulation after a loss-that's my theory and I am sticking to it. The rate at which Hcg levels go up and down is also completely unpredictable. It's a hard place to be in and I know how frustrating it is- I am actually grateful now that AF arrived. I don't have to question or wonder anymore and it's a huge relief. Just give it time- it gets easier ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so true 2boys. I'm trying to let girl but my typical boy momness is coming out and I want to control EVERYTHING! I was thisclose to buying a BBT again as I wanted to start charting- although I had promised myself I wouldn't as I am trying to not be caught up in the TTC process like I was with the boys. It's just hard.

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2015, 02:15 PM
I ~sometimes~ think that one of the most important parts of this journey we are all on is to help us learn that all control is nothing more than an illusion and once we really understand that, then we end up getting a girl because that is the wisdom that the pink mamas already know. :)