PDA

View Full Version : Lupron (Lucrin) vs Ganirelix

Bambina
July 27th, 2011, 07:08 PM
I've just had a failed cycle using Lupron, and my RE wants to replace it with Ganirelix. However, I've read that Ganirelix tends to produce fewer oocytes and lowers implantation rates...what should I do?

Dr. Potter
September 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I've just had a failed cycle using Lupron, and my RE wants to replace it with Ganirelix. However, I've read that Ganirelix tends to produce fewer oocytes and lowers implantation rates...what should I do?I would ask the RE what the rationale is for the change. Was the quality bad? There are sometimes tradeoffs that are worthwhile. If you had a HB negative, I would also consider a reevaluation of the uterine cavity.

Bambina
September 20th, 2011, 07:02 PM
I would ask the RE what the rationale is for the change. Was the quality bad? There are sometimes tradeoffs that are worthwhile. If you had a HB negative, I would also consider a reevaluation of the uterine cavity.

Thanks Dr. Potter. The quality was not bad, but he thought that Lupron oversuppressed me, as stims went on longer than normal. His rationale is to aim for a higher number of good quality eggs. I've had a sonohysterogram, and nothing suspect came up.

Dr. Potter
September 20th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Thanks Dr. Potter. The quality was not bad, but he thought that Lupron oversuppressed me, as stims went on longer than normal. His rationale is to aim for a higher number of good quality eggs. I've had a sonohysterogram, and nothing suspect came up.Implantation rate for hatched blasts was 90% for my series 2010 to date. That is why I would start to consider that perhaps something else is going on.

Bambina
September 21st, 2011, 04:20 AM
Implantation rate for hatched blasts was 90% for my series 2010 to date. That is why I would start to consider that perhaps something else is going on.

Is that for GSN tested embryos? I only did 3 probe, so it's possible that the blast didn't continue to progress or implant.

Dr. Potter
September 21st, 2011, 08:19 PM
Is that for GSN tested embryos? I only did 3 probe, so it's possible that the blast didn't continue to progress or implant.This is with GSN. With SET GSN is particularly helpful. I would strongly recommend it if you are planning another SET.

Bambina
September 21st, 2011, 08:40 PM
This is with GSN. With SET GSN is particularly helpful. I would strongly recommend it if you are planning another SET.

I was planning on putting 2 embryos back after GSN, but my low egg numbers swayed me towards 3 probe in order to avoid no transfer after traveling so far. If I have higher egg numbers this time, I'll probably go with GSN. Thanks Dr Potter!

Dr. Potter
September 21st, 2011, 08:55 PM
I was planning on putting 2 embryos back after GSN, but my low egg numbers swayed me towards 3 probe in order to avoid no transfer after traveling so far. If I have higher egg numbers this time, I'll probably go with GSN. Thanks Dr Potter!

Good luck:)