PDA

View Full Version : Erricson Method

HealthyGirl
January 14th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Hi everyone

I'm new to this site and was hoping to get some feedback and do a survey on on outcomes of the erricson method ( aka sperm spinning) for SEX selection.

One reason we don't want to do IVF and PGD is due to it being so complicated and also expensive.
Also my husband is scared of potentially having twins.

We have an upcoming appt with a doctor that does the erricson
Method in our area.

I'm hoping to see what people have to say about it based on their own experience with it or people they know who have done this method.

We know that this method only increase your chances and it's not 100% and we are fine with it.
As long as we can increase our chances a bit we are fine with it.

Please share your experience whether positive or negative.
Our consult appt is coming up soon.

Thanks so much

P

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2015, 02:41 PM
We don't really have anyone posting about it anymore. It's never been studied by anyone outside of Ericsson to see if it really helps at all.

IVF is a big step so I certainly understand wanting an alternative! Ask how many attempts it might take to get pregnant!

HealthyGirl
January 14th, 2015, 02:46 PM
I'm trying to take a poll by coming on this forum.

You would think people would do this method if it worked since it's not as pricey.

They quoted me $280 for consult and each cycle for $1200. It can take up to 6 cycles ( depending on parents age) but they said on average they have success of pg after 3 cycles.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maidentomother
January 14th, 2015, 02:50 PM
I would definitely recommend swaying over the EM, as it is a better shot. With strong sways you have an 80-90% chance of getting your desired gender. It does take more time and effort, though.

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2015, 03:02 PM
There's no proof it actually sways gender odds. 6 tries sounds like a lot. We haven't had anyone post about it that I'm aware of.

HealthyGirl
January 14th, 2015, 03:09 PM
@ Maidenmother I was planning on following the diet a bit and taking cranberry pills.
Can you direct me to where I can
Find more info on natural swaying?
There is so much info and just don't know where to start.

Thanks

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2015, 03:13 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/personalized-plans-coaching-service-details/41669-personalized-gender-selection-plans-coaching-service-details.html

HealthyGirl
January 14th, 2015, 03:25 PM
@ nuthinbutpink I can't open the link.
Can you resend. Thx

nuthinbutpink
January 14th, 2015, 03:57 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/new-site-info-navigational-help/25323-personalized-swaying-plans.html

maidentomother
January 14th, 2015, 05:25 PM
kitbedit, here's a strong pink sway in a nutshell, most important tactics listed first:

1. The LE (Low Everything) diet - diet is BY FAR the strongest, most essential, research proven sway factor, that you should focus on above all else (there is plenty of detailed info available on genderdreaming.com, even a meal plan you can buy if you don't want to learn the diet or count calories)
a) The overall concept is
-keep total daily calories low (1500 on average, though this number can be more or less depending on your weight, BMI & activity level)
-keep protein low
-keep fat low, especially
b) Ideally, you should
-eat vegetarian, in particular no/very little red meat & fatty fish
-skip breakfast or delay it as long as possible so that you have an overnight fast between your last meal of the previous day and first meal of the next that is at least 12 hours (16-18 hours even better)
-eat only 2-3 meals per day
-never snack between meals
-consume mostly polyunsaturated plant fats, with some monounsaturated plant fats, and only a little bit of saturated fat (preferably from plant over animal sources)
-minimize nutrients, by choosing less nutritious options when possible (for example, iceberg lettuce over spinach in a salad, white bread over whole wheat, etc)
-select skim/nonfat (or even reduced/lowfat) dairy, which sways pink, over full fat dairy which sways blue; but some fullfat dairy in small smounts, even butter, is fine and even necessary if you don't get saturated fat from much else in your diet (some saturated fat is required to maintain O)
-avoid vitamin/mineral fortified foods, especially breakfast cereal
-avoid/severely minimize oats, which sway strongly blue
-get most of your calories from carbs (the only high aspect of the LE is high carb), with simple/refined carbs being superior, unless you have PCOS/insulin resistance
-there are no magic foods you should focus on that sway pink, and very few no-no foods that you need to avoid completely or nearly so (excluding red meat, fatty fish, fortified foods, and oats)

2. 60+ min cardio exercise daily
a)minimum 5 days/week, but every day is ideal
b)at least 60 minutes of continuous exercise with no breaks, longer is better, up to 2 hours daily
c)anything that keeps your heart rate up without building strength, such as walking, running, biking, aerobics, swimming laps, rollerblading
d)avoid building up muscle, so definitely no weight lifting
OR, if you can't do 60 min cardio daily, you should do the complete opposite extreme and be as sedentary as possible - but no matter what
e)minimize moderate activity, as this sways blue

3. Only ONE, single BD attempt in your fertile period (timing DOES NOT sway, but how much sex you have DOES)
a)ideally, have your single attempt 1-2 days before O to maximize your odds of conception
-most achieve this by testing with OPKs daily and BDing as soon as they get their first positive OPK
-keep testing with OPKs until they fade out/turn negative; if you have 3 or more days of positive OPKs in a row, BD a second time 4 days after your first attempt (if for example 1st attempt was on CD14, 2nd attempt should be on CD18)
-if you have the normal 1-2 days of positive OPKs, just stick with the one attempt
-no other unprotected sex/BDing during your cycle except for your one or maybe 2 attempts, but sex with a condom is fine
-this tactic works best for those with normal, regular length cycles and no hormonal problems (such as long and/or irregular cycles, PCOS)
-Wondfo brand OPKs work best for most
b)if you don't get positive OPKs, find testing with them too stressful, or get multiple LH surges without actually Oing (as in PCOS), or have long/irregular cycles, you should BD EVERY 4 DAYS
-it's not as pink friendly as one attempt but the next best BD tactic
-start BDing at least a few days before the earliest you could O
-keep BDing for at least a week past when you think you Oed, or better yet, until you get AF or a BFP, to assure you don't miss O (this is very important as swaying pink often delays O)
-every 4 days means 4 days between attempts, I.e. if you start on CD10, you BD again on CD14, then CD18, CD22, CD26 and so on
-no unprotected sex between attempts, though sex with condoms is fine
c)it doesn't matter much how much how often DH ejaculates
-ideally for sperm health & count, DH should regularly release (every 1-2 days); every 3-4 days is a good compromise for swaying pink, but do what works best for him and you
-theoretically, the more frequently he releases, the pinker
-abstaining completely for up to a week affects sperm count and quality negatively, but isn't getting good results statistically, and if DH is over 35 he should release regularly for prostate health anyway

4. Supplements or lack thereof
a)absolutely NO vitamins, especially not multivitamins or prenatals, unless you have a known deficiency, in which case you should take only that one vitamin at the minimum dose to avoid deficiency
b)everyone should take folic acid, or preferably folate, at 800-1200mcg daily, as soon as you start swaying (I.e. well before you are actively TTC)
c)CLOMID, if you can get it, is a very strong pink sway tactic; Femara sways pink too but slightly less
d)DH can take OLE (Olive Leaf Extract) to improve X sperm quality, and/or LR (Licorice Root), which lowers testosterone & sperm count thus swaying pink
e)Vitex and/or Saw Palmetto sway pink but may make your cycle unpredictable, same with peppermint tea
f)antihistamines (cetitizine/Zyrtec is used most often) and the decongestant pseudoephedrine/Sudafed both dry up fertile CM, thus swaying pink (copious EWCM sways strongly blue)
g)aspirin, if you have clotting issues, is good for pink but only take it if you need it as per dr's orders
h)NO cranberry extract, it's too nutritious and can sway blue
i)Sylk and conventional, non-sperm-friendly lubes sway pink mildly, but inhibit conception
j)RePhresh and Acigel kill sperm thus lowering sperm count inside you, which theoretically sways pink but strongly inhibits conception, so I personally don't recommend using these (especially as pH isn't worth worrying about, contrary to outdated swaying theories)

HealthyGirl
January 14th, 2015, 06:24 PM
@ maidentomother
Thanks so much for all the info.

For the antihistamine and aspirin how often/ how much and how long before your sway attempt?

I was excited about using my cranberry extract that I just bought.
I didn't know cranberry extract swayed blue.

maidentomother
January 14th, 2015, 10:13 PM
I did the same thing, bought a huge bottle of cranberry extract only to discover a few days later that it was no longer recommended! In addition to possibly swaying blue, it can be dangerous especially at higher doses as it has a blood thinning effect. Several swayers have had issues with bruising as a result.

The aspirin would be as dr recommended, I wouldn't and don't personally take it as part of my sway. Older recommendation is 1 baby aspirin (81mg dose) 3x a week.

The antihistamine you just take 1 tablet 30 min to an hour before BD, if you notice lots of EWCM at the time. So it's a one time thing. Unless you are doing a 2nd attempt due to a long surge, in which case again, you could take a tablet if you had excess EWCM. Same with BD every 4 days; take a tablet pre BD if you have EWCM. But if you don't have much, don't take an antihistamine. You NEED some EWCM in order for the sperm to survive inside your cervix etc while awaiting the egg. You never want to completely eradicate your fertile CM, just reduce it temporarily when necessary. Many pink swayers, including myself, find the diet and/or other supps (V, SP, pep tea) dries up their CM so much that they have mostly only creamy CM at best and need to use a little sperm friendly lube to actually conceive! So you may find that you don't need any antihistamines.

Oh, btw, I re-ordered the Supps tactics under section 4 as my initial listing wasn't in proper decreasing order of efficacy. So maybe take a peek again in case I edited it after you read that post.

I forgot to mention one last crucial aspect to a strong pink sway - the diet, exercise, and any supps except clomid & antihistamines, you should be on for a full 12w before you begin TTC. If your cycles are regular, estimate when you will O the cycle you want to make your first attempt, and start your sway 3 months before. If you need or want to ease into the diet/exercise, do that before so that have 12w of strict swaying under your belt when you first attempt.

If you are older and in a hurry to get pregnant, you can start TTC sooner, but the GD statistics show that swaying for 12w in advance is optimal. Swaying for longer is fine, perhaps even better, provided you can stay strict with your sway, but the shorter your sway under 12w, the less effective it will be. TTC after only 4 or even 8 weeks on the diet/exercise (with diet being the most important aspect as always) pre-conception is a much weaker sway and much more frequently results in boys than longer strict sways.

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2015, 03:27 PM
We don't really have anyone posting about it anymore. It's never been studied by anyone outside of Ericsson to see if it really helps at all.

IVF is a big step so I certainly understand wanting an alternative! Ask how many attempts it might take to get pregnant!

It actually has been studied by a few different researchers but they were not able to get it to work. The ratio of X and Y sperm were the same before and after spinning (about 50-50) Dr. Ericsson admits this but claims that these sperm go on to create more girl or boy babies for some reason other than the sperm ratio.

I think it's a lot of money for something that is about the same odds of success as gender swaying - we are getting a good 75% for boys (if not even higher) and for girls, using Clomid + 1 attempt (which Ericsson method does use Clomid to induce ovulation) we are getting in the 70% range. Please note that the numbers quoted on many of the Ericsson labs' websites are NOT accurate in terms of real world results.

This page has a nice array of studies about Ericcson Ericsson Albumin Method: Sperm Spinning for Gender Selection at Ingender.com (http://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Selection/Ericsson/Ericsson.aspx#Medical)

I think the main reason why more people don't use it, is that those who can afford it, can afford to do IVF/PGD and get both a hiher rate of pregnancy and a 100% guarantee of gender. To my way of thinking it is pouring money away to do sperm spinning when the results are about the same as gender swaying. :/ Just my two cents. Good luck making your decision.

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2015, 04:01 PM
bump this for me to talk about other questions

HealthyGirl
January 18th, 2015, 02:58 PM
Atomic thanks for the link with the studies.
If you were in my position would you do it?
I'm incapable of doing the sway diet and don't want to pay IVF/PGD cost.

maidentomother
January 18th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Why are you incapable of doing the diet? It is not a starvation diet and actually much easier than most diets. Atomic even sells a 21 day meal plan if you can't deal with counting calories etc.

HealthyGirl
January 18th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Maidentomother , it's not the counting calories that I'm worried about but it's what or what I can't have. I currently weigh 108 lb and am 5' 3" tall . The reason I think that I don't have the discipline to do it is that I work full time and a lot of times at lunch I find myself getting something quick that's not that healthy . I don't have time to pack lunches and stress over what to have at lunch when I'm busy at work. Also we are planning on starting TTC early march so not sure if 8 weeks on the diet would have that much of an impact.
I don't mind getting Atomics 21 day plan. Maybe that will take the stress off and give me something to follow. Can you tell me how I would go about buying that?

Thanks

atomic sagebrush
January 19th, 2015, 02:55 PM
Atomic thanks for the link with the studies.
If you were in my position would you do it?
I'm incapable of doing the sway diet and don't want to pay IVF/PGD cost.

I would never do Ericsson. I think it's money tossed away for something with poor odds of conception and crap odds of gender.

Can you get Clomid?

HealthyGirl
January 20th, 2015, 12:25 AM
I haven't had my consult yet. It's scheduled for feb 9th. I think clomid might be part of their method if TTC pink.
What's your opinion on clomid?
I will let you know what I think of my consult and if $280 was a waste of money or not.

HealthyGirl
January 20th, 2015, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know why there isn't a lot of sway results for the later part of 2014?
It would be nice to see more current sway results.

covered in blue
January 20th, 2015, 09:27 PM
Clomid sways pink. I think a lot of people from later 2014 are still waiting to find out gender.

HealthyGirl
January 20th, 2015, 09:39 PM
Thanks. I guess that makes sense .

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2015, 12:57 PM
bump this for me to talk about other questions

Kit I'll take the time I would take to reply to the q's in this thread and do your plan instead, ok??? That way you'll get it faster.

atomic sagebrush
January 22nd, 2015, 12:59 PM
Does anyone know why there isn't a lot of sway results for the later part of 2014?
It would be nice to see more current sway results.

It's because it takes some time for the babies in the womb to develop to such a point that we can tell their gender. Some people have blood tests at 10-12 weeks gestation but most people wait till 18-20 weeks for ultrasounds. We don't have the results because they are not available.

maidentomother
January 23rd, 2015, 11:36 AM
Maidentomother , it's not the counting calories that I'm worried about but it's what or what I can't have. I currently weigh 108 lb and am 5' 3" tall . The reason I think that I don't have the discipline to do it is that I work full time and a lot of times at lunch I find myself getting something quick that's not that healthy . I don't have time to pack lunches and stress over what to have at lunch when I'm busy at work. Also we are planning on starting TTC early march so not sure if 8 weeks on the diet would have that much of an impact.
I don't mind getting Atomics 21 day plan. Maybe that will take the stress off and give me something to follow. Can you tell me how I would go about buying that?

Thanks

I think the meal plan sounds perfect for you. And while 8 weeks isn't as good as 12 weeks, it's MUCH better than no time on the diet at all. Plus if you don't conceive the first month, then by the time you do conceive, you'll have had at least 12w on it.

Losing weight isn't that important, and many of us pink swayers don't have extra weight to spare. It's what and how you eat that really sways.

Add clomid to time on the diet and you have a solid sway.

atomic sagebrush
January 24th, 2015, 12:26 PM
:agree: and with swaying pink, when deciding how long to do diet, please keep in mind you may not get pregnant the first month or two or three. So going in with the idea that "I'll do a strict diet for 6 months before swaying" is a recipe for utter disaster. I am much more happy to see people start off with 6 weeks of diet, then most do not get pg that first month anyway (because they are doing tons of sway tactics) and then over time we drop them and end up getting pg after 3-6 months on diet anyway. :)