PDA

View Full Version : Anyone swaying blue while vegan/vegetarian out there?

Ashforblue
January 14th, 2015, 06:43 PM
I've been plant based for a little over a year and would like to see if anyone else has had success on a plant diet with boys.... I know I'm plenty alkine and know a lot of sources of plant based protein sources, but maybe I should add a protein (veg) pwd to my smoothies? Thx!!

essnce629
January 14th, 2015, 07:14 PM
My best friend has been vegetarian for 15 years and has 2 boys. I know 2 other vegetarians with boys too and no girls.

I only know 1 vegetarian with all girls.

I'd say a lot of vegetarians are boy friendly in other ways, such as taking lots of supplements, eating full fat dairy, eating nutrient dense foods, etc.

Ashforblue
January 14th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Wow, that really makes me happy to hear!! It makes sense to me also b/c I eat way more nutrients now then when I wasn't plant based :)

maidentomother
January 15th, 2015, 11:11 AM
My best friend is mostly vegetarian (she eats fish, salmon in particular, which sways strongly blue) and has been for 15 years. She has 3 little boys.

My mom was a lifelong vegetarian (plus seafood) and had my brother at 43. She ate very little dairy, except butter, before conceiving him.

I do think the fish eating makes a difference though.

Dreamofpink
January 15th, 2015, 03:27 PM
My friend has been a vegetarian for years & has 5 boys (inc twins) It's entirely possible!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

Ashforblue
January 15th, 2015, 07:49 PM
Yay! Also dreamofpink, I've noticed that you had a natural birth after 2 c-sections.... Was that planned? Both my girls were c-sections and would love this one to be natural.... Drs seem to frown on even one after your first section if the baby goes past due date :(

Dreamofpink
January 16th, 2015, 06:29 AM
Yep, totally planned! :D After a lot of careful research, I told my consultant where to stick his idea of a planned c-section at term. He respected me a lot & by chance, delivered my ds3 by forceps after he got stuck. I laboured pretty well for the first time ever, but ds3 had turned back-to-back during labour & after an hour of pushing, hospital rules kicked in & I was taken down to theatre. My consultant was pretty chuffed that I avoided a c-section though. Stay strong, know your facts & don't let them bully you into what's easy for them to be in control of. X

Ashforblue
January 16th, 2015, 10:44 AM
That's awesome!!! I'm going to look into it:)

Ashforblue
January 16th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Even though I've had 2 kids, I've never have had a labour pain and to me that's a little crazy!

Dreamofpink
January 16th, 2015, 04:59 PM
Same here! I still feel a bit robbed of the natural high that I had no idea about after ds1 &2 as I was so drugged up. It was wonderful with ds3 though. I so want to do it all again but next time I want a home birth. Sod the hospital & their arbitrary rules!

coocoobananas
January 17th, 2015, 12:20 AM
I'm vegetarian (been for 20 years now)

Ashforblue
January 17th, 2015, 12:26 AM
All these answers have made me feel so much better about my sway!

atomic sagebrush
January 17th, 2015, 12:02 PM
You absolutely CAN get a boy on a vegan diet. I would up overall protein intake (and "natural" proteins like legumes and nuts and unprocessed soy are much better than processed soy) but above all else, make sure you are getting more Omega 3 and saturated fats like in coconut oil instead of the Omega 6 fats that are in many veg. oils and foods.