PDA

View Full Version : Tongue ulcers

zanacal
July 28th, 2011, 04:58 AM
I have lots of painful ulcers on my tongue at the moment - they're getting worse and are waking me during the night and annoying me all day long!

I had these alot when I was a teenager and my doctor had just started investigating what the cause may be when they went - and I've only just made the connection that I was going through a vegetarian phase at that point. I googled mouth ulcers in vegetarians and it seems they can be due to a lack of iron and B vitamins in the diet, which would make sense with how I'm eating at the moment.

I guess this lack of vitamins is a good thing in terms of my girl sway but I'm wondering if I can take any remedies to stop them hurting so much - would Rinstead sugar free pastilles be ok?

http://www.boots.com/en/Rinstead-Sugar-Free-Pastilles-24-Pastilles_1926/

Thank you x

swish
July 28th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Hi, I don't know what you can take but they're definately common on the girl diet as I saw a few kafirs on ingender had them. I always found corsodil mouthwash really good but on't know if you can use it with sway!! Hope they go!!

zanacal
July 28th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks swish - what's a kafir?

swish
July 28th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Meant to be girls!!! Having real problems with the predictive text!!

zanacal
July 28th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Oh OK, makes sense now :D

I'm so flipping uncomfortable, my tongue feels twice the size it should! I got some Bonjella and Corsodyl because that's all they had in Tesco. Hopefully that'll sort it out!

swish
July 28th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Hope so, they are horrible!

shouldihope?
July 28th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I had a few right before af. I used jason's mouthwash. Not sure if that was okay but at that point I did not care. I just wanted them to go away. Sorry you are going through that. Good to know it may mean you are doing the sway correctly.

Mochagirl
July 28th, 2011, 07:59 PM
I've always been susceptible to mouth ulcers, so I feel your pain! I wonder if it has something to do with us trying to acidify our bodies? I say it must be a good sign that you're changing your body chemistry!

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2011, 12:28 PM
I have lots of painful ulcers on my tongue at the moment - they're getting worse and are waking me during the night and annoying me all day long!

I had these alot when I was a teenager and my doctor had just started investigating what the cause may be when they went - and I've only just made the connection that I was going through a vegetarian phase at that point. I googled mouth ulcers in vegetarians and it seems they can be due to a lack of iron and B vitamins in the diet, which would make sense with how I'm eating at the moment.

I guess this lack of vitamins is a good thing in terms of my girl sway but I'm wondering if I can take any remedies to stop them hurting so much - would Rinstead sugar free pastilles be ok?

http://www.boots.com/en/Rinstead-Sugar-Free-Pastilles-24-Pastilles_1926/

Thank you x

For the most part, the things that cause issues in vegetarians are things that tend to take many months to develop. Obviously there is a link to your diet and weight loss but I just don't want anyone to think that going vegetarian for 6 weeks is going to ruin their health, KWIM??

I don't know about the pastilles, they have a couple ingredients in them that I don't know how they would sway. Can you gargle with hydrogen peroxide instead?? My husband does that for his canker sores and it really helps.

zanacal
July 29th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks Atomic. I've been on the veggie low-everything diet for almost 9 weeks at this point and they've only just developed - I imagine I'm low in all vitamins (that's the idea right?!) and not just meat!!

I didn't get the pastilles because they didn't have them at our local supermarket and I needed something straight away! I'm using Bonjella - the main ingredient of this is choline salicylate, which apparently a salicylate like aspirin (hence the warning about Reyes syndrome on the packet!). I also have a mouthwash called Corsodyl and the main ingredient of that is Chlorhexidine digluconate. Any thoughts on those?

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Yep, that's the idea. :agree: I wish it was easier!!! :p

The Bonjella does seem fine but you should cut back on aspirin accordingly and Chlorhexidine is just a germ killer and should be ok as well.

zanacal
July 29th, 2011, 02:17 PM

happyheart
July 29th, 2011, 09:47 PM
(((hugs))) zanacal!

I am not sure if this could be it for you.... but I first was on the girl diet I was taking lots of vitamin C and drinking lots of cranberry juice. I started to get mouth sores. Since I stopped they have healed and went away.

I hope you feel better soon!