PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had vbac with twins? Anyone had more than 2 c-sections?

Makali
January 16th, 2015, 09:29 AM
I've read blogs by a couple of women who have given birth vaginally to twins after a previous cesarean(s) but I'm sure it's rare. Would be wonderful to know of more.

Multiple cesareans seem to be just as risky it seems. Has anyone had successful multiple cesareans?

There are obviously risks no matter what you do.

1+2+3boys
January 16th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Will get back to this thread later. Another helpful place to post your question would be on the Facebook page "Naturally Parenting Twins"
There are many passionately knowledgable ladies there, some of whom have had a VBAC with twins. Congrats on your twins. How lucky you are to be getting B/G frats

Dreamofpink
January 16th, 2015, 05:01 PM
I've had a VBA2C but no experience with twins :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

1+2+3boys
February 24th, 2015, 01:05 AM
I forget to get back to this thread sorry. It is rare but there are people with info. When I was on Facebook there were two great groups that discussed it. ICAN (International Caesarian Awareness Network) and Naturally Parenting twins. If you are serious in wanting to know if it is an option for you then I think persuing those two groups will be of very great benefit to you. The info on those two websites combined will seem expert, even one will be of help. Goodluck. Have you found any new info?

ever hopeful
February 24th, 2015, 04:37 AM
I've had 4 C-sections all over the age of 38 (all three boys were breech)......the first and last were by far the worst but even with the 4th, where I was in agony for the first week and could hardly walk, I made a full recovery within 6-8 weeks and actually went skiing six weeks afterwards (which, with hindsight was rather silly). The good thing for me though was that the same OB did all four so knew my body/scar tissue etc pretty well - he even said that if I really wanted to go for a 5th it wouldn't be a major problem.....Good luck x

jen75
February 24th, 2015, 10:04 AM
Hi there i ahve also had 4 c sections and will hopefully have a 5th if all goes well with cycling. I have recovered very well each time and only the second was a bit dodgy as it was an emergency as i tried for a VB. Luckily for me the surgeon who had delivered DS1 delivered ds3 and repaired the puckered and ugly scar from ds2, he also did ds4 and my scar is perfect and i have healed really well. having tried vb with ds2 it was better to go for a planned c section as i knew i would get the good surgeon who does c sections all the time and it would be planned and booked, and not the emergency doctor on call. Good luck with your choice and congrats.xxx

Atsaukina1
December 3rd, 2015, 09:20 AM
How is your search going? If you are in America its difficult to have a vbac and even more diff. Finding an ob to let you try vaginal twin birth. Put both of those together and you've got to have a very naturally birth minded ob or midwife. They are out there but depending on where you are mind be harder to find. Def. Look up places op recommended

queen-of-harts
December 3rd, 2015, 12:27 PM
There are some Facebook groups for vbamc I'm in and I'm sure someone could help find you some info.I am planning a vba5c next baby :) Let me know if you are interested and I can help you find the group.