PDA

View Full Version : My Love at First Sight... u/s potty and profile pics!

purplepoet20
July 28th, 2011, 11:33 AM
After many years of being alone, cursing God, and everything else that comes with a lost love...

I finally started dating again. After a year of not finding anyone I wanted to have a family with I moved my search online. I joined an online dating site and used that to write and get to know someone before meeting them. I did catch them all in lies which made it easy to move on after the first meeting. After meeting several men and deciding they all lie I was in the middle of blocking all of them a getting ready to move onto a different dating site, I noticed one name in my contact list that I didn't know who it belonged to so I wrote him...

After the first email I decided to just call him to avoid weeks of emails. We talked for 2-4hrs a day for four days. I asked him the one question I ask everyone as a test "Describe how you see yourself". He told me straight out that he didn't see himself as attractive. He was bald, fat, and not so great looking. He told me he was Italian but had blonde hair and blue eyes... He had me at Italian, you would be surprised at how many people hate pasta. Being a Bald Italian was what I was looking for. My grandpa/father figure was bald and every girl wants to be with someone that reminds them of the person they look up too.

We met ...... got pregnant right away, not the best idea but I couldn't help it. I did m/c but I was ok with it because I was still young and in love. After only a few months of dating we moved in together. After 6mths we learned we were pregnant again, we were scared, but at that sametime I was testing positive for cervical pre-cancer cells. After doing research on what happens when it gets to bad and how I could have premature babies or not be able to have any kids... We decided to continue with the pregnancy.

At 15wks I did a home gender test, it said girl. I was excited because I already knew Hubbies mom wanted a girl and this possiblily being our only child it was perfect. At 18wks the ultrasound showed a little pet turtle and I was over the moon... a boy, my boy, and a chance to see what it would have been like to have seen Micheal grow up. We had started thinking of names right away.

I already knew I wanted James for a middle name because that was what I told my grandpa I would do with my first son. Hubby wanted Thomas for the middle name because it was a family tradition to name the grandson middle name after the grandpas first name... So in just a short time we had James Thomas picked out and told everyone.

At 6mths we moved from a 690sq ft apartment into or house... Time went by fast with all the unpacking, getting furniture, and nesting.

At my 40wk+1 check up on 3/10 I told the Dr I wanted to induce... I had been sick everyday from wk1 and was tired of it. And the little monster kicked my liver 24/7 since about 4 1/2-5mths. My MIL came to stay with us for the inducing and delivery. The next day I was in the delivery room hooked up and ready to induce. I also wanted the baby to came before 3/14 which was my evil mothers birthday. After a day of drugs and nothing happening, I took a break for the night. Hubby was passed out on a cot full of Sudafed because he wasn't feeling good. My MIL was sleeping on a set of chairs and my FIL slept at my house with the dogs. The next day at noon the Dr broke my water. I started having really bad leg cramps and they ended up doing a scan on my legs, the scan hurt more then the labor pains. I was crying from my legs hurting and even hubby said it must be really bad because I never cry. They never saw anything wrong with my legs.

I had to get drugs because my legs hurt so much that I wasn't relaxing enough to allow labor to continue. I was able to take a nap for an hour. At 5:58pm I started pushing, the head was crowning after one push, and I had to hold it for 5mins until the Dr came. One more push and Dr had to cut me and the head popped out. I had to hold again because the cord was around his neck 3x's. Third push and he was out...

When the Dr held him up to show me I swear the world stopped turning, the room was silent, and all I saw was my little boy. Before I knew it he was on my chest and suddenly everyone was back in the room with me. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. The best moment in the world.

He wanted to bfed/nurse right away and after 15mins the nurses asked to take him so they could look him over at the warmer and wipe him off a little. He cried at that time and it was music to my ears. When they put him on his stomach he got up on his hands and held his head up and was crying. When they gave him back to me he nursed for another 45mins.

That night he slept in my arms curled up to my cheek, I wasn't about to let him go for a second. We were lucky to only stay one night at the hospital and so very happy to be home again.

Hubby was great and changed every single diaper for the entire 2wks he was home with me, even in the middle of the night. My MIL cooked for the 3wks she was with us and bought a month worth of food before leaving.

I held my baby for 4 mths none stop, and then kept him within a few feet until he was 6 mths.

When he was 6mths old I had more testing on my cervixs and so far it was stable. It was possible for us to have another baby...

Zivic-Bubac
July 29th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Beautiful story Purple, thanks for sharing :)

It is so interesting you met your hubby online, I always thought that was too risky, all sorts of creeps ykwim. Obviously, you 2 were meant to be :HH:

Btw, it sounds like you have an extraordinary MIL. Not everybody would stay to cook and help around with new born. Like my MIL for instance, she is bitch-witch, never helped me in anything and she lives 10 minutes away from us :mad:

She keeps asking when we will FINALLY (?????) have a son grrr. She is the only reason I would like for my next baby to be a girl :p Anyway, I told her we were done having kids....HA! Just to make her feel bad the way she makes me.

purplepoet20
August 4th, 2011, 10:56 AM
When you do have a son keep her away... she sounds like she only could love a boy or older kids. I guess for you, you are not lucky she lives so close.

My MIL lives 4 1/2hrs away (was longer before they built a bridge over the Hoover Dam). She has always been very close to DS1. She holds him all the time and he is 100% her shadow when we see her. He sleeps in her bed, eats her food, and only says "Grandmas boy" never mama or dadas boy. I think he is her favorite out of her sisters two grandkids (she is grandma to them since her sisters passing), her step grand duaghter, and even DS2. I love the fact that my kids have a great set of grandparents it makes up for my absent parents... I know that the second I go into labor with my next baby that I can call at anytime and she will be ready to jump in the car and race here to make it in time to see another birth. ----opps forgot to add a few things to the story----

Yes online dating has it's risk but I only meet in public and I have a very strong sense if I see a person in person. I loose a lot of possible friends after talking with them for a few minutes (like my neighbor) I hate it but it does save me from later fights and sadness. I never let them see where I live or work. I met hubby online becasue where I lived before was a bad place to find a man.... either old, married, a dozen kids, drugy, or criminal. One guy my stepdad and mother tried to hook me up with had a drug lab that exploded. I was very set on finding an unattached man with no kids. I come from a family with step siblings and half siblings and I didn't like the fact that we were treating differently. When I lived with my dad and stepmom she would buy new school clothing for her kids and not me, but my dad was the one making the money. I don't want my kids to be treated differently or feel different. Finding Hubby took a long time but it was worth it because he is a great dad and an awesome partner... The first time I met him he had this sad look in his eyes because he felt I would take off once I saw him. A lot of girls and ladies have been mean to him so he didn't expect me to want to date him. After our first date I couldn't think about anyone but him, I knew he was my other half!

QueenB
August 6th, 2011, 05:31 PM
What an inspiring story! Your birth story is absolutely lovely! Thank you so much for sharing. I wish everyone could have such a wonderful relationship with their in-laws as you have described in your story. I do have a great relationship with mine and couldn't imagine what it's like for others in different situations.

threeatlast
August 6th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks for sharing, a beautiful delivery and great MIL , mine sounds just like yours . Good luck in the future

LolaInLove
August 9th, 2011, 01:28 PM
GREAT story, I am so glad that the universe had other plans for you, PP!!! You are so blessed now, that is amazing!

auroara78
December 20th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Purple, beautitful story!

I also met my husband online on dating sight, and we've been together for over 10 years, 4 of them happily married :)

Bcdoyle
February 16th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Amazing. What a great story!!!

purplepoet20
February 16th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Added a 19wk 1d potty shot!

sunnylife
June 19th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Tears in the eyes. I loved it. Congrats to you!

pearl
June 19th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Very touching story :) Congratulation !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Anchor
June 19th, 2012, 02:09 PM
What a wonderful story! Wishing you a healthy and happy pg...

suregena
June 19th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Beautiful story Purple, thanks for sharing :)

It is so interesting you met your hubby online, I always thought that was too risky, all sorts of creeps ykwim. Obviously, you 2 were meant to be :HH:

That's how my husband and I met - online. It wasn't a dating site... it was a band's message board. Oh, how utterly modern! :P It was just one of those things where we exchanged messages and had some witty back and forth's and then realized just how eerily much we had in common... and it progressed from there.

He's about 11 years older than me, as well. And English. My mom was very good about it because she knew I was mature. We didn't declare our love until we met in person... probably towards the end of the two week visit (he did come to Arizona from the UK to visit me. I never got a chance to visit the UK... I ended up just flat-out moving here!)

There was one awkward moment where I was taking a shower, and my father had no idea about my now husband's existence. My cell phone rang and my 'boyfriend' (at the time!) answered it and my dad was very, very confused (I never dated, on top of it all.) Not only was some random dude answering his daughter's phone... but it was a British dude. I wish I had seen his face... oops!

My husband thought I had told my father about him. :o :x

Heeheh, anyway... I LOVED your story, purplepoet! WONDERFUL! <3