PDA

View Full Version : I know Clomid sways girl... but does Fermera as well?

Emery
July 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I know Clomid sways girl because it drys up CM, but does Fermera sway girl as well?

I have to make a decision as to which drug I want to take. I took Clomid and got a boy, but I also did IUI which means the sperm totally bypassed the CM. I plan to ttc with the help of an ovulation stimulant but without IUI.

Thoughts? Atomic?

TIA!

Emery
July 29th, 2011, 12:08 PM
BUMP?

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2011, 01:43 PM
The way Clomid sways is by making your CM hostile, so if you have IUI then yes, it bypasses most of how the Clomid even sways.

Femara prob. does sway pink by inhibiting estrogen, but it is less proven than Clomid (for swaying.) If it were me, I would prob. stick with Clomid if I was under 35. (Femara may work better than Clomid in older women - Clomid doesn't work well for older moms.) If I were over 35 I would try Femara.

pinky2017
November 10th, 2017, 05:37 PM
First of all my compliments on this great website. So much good advise and information. Almost too much to read in 1 day. I think I spend almost 5 hours reading through posts today....

I turned 35 this month. We tried IVF PGD to get a girl but there were only 3 eggs after max stimulation and only 1 made it to embryo. Unfortunately that 1 did not implant (or develop correctly) so not pregnant. Now we want to try the natural way.

We are swaying for a girl but I also have a thyroid disorder (although treated with levothyroxine and now steady for 2 years TSH just below 1) and my FSH was 11 on cd2 and AMH 0.9. I have 2 boys age 4 and 7 both pregnant the 1st month without doing anything special. Just DTD every other day I believe around O.

Would you recommend Clomid or Femara (we would really like the biggest chance for swaying so our preference would be Clomid)?
We will do a LE diet for 6-8 weeks before TTC. And if Clomid is the advice, what is the best way to TTC pink? Clomid on cd3-7 and then BD on which days? I am completely confused whats best. My DH has to do FR for 7-10 days on his own or do we have to BD for 7-10 days in a row? Or every other 4th day?

Sorry for the many questions.... :think:

Any advise atomic?

pinky2017
November 11th, 2017, 05:51 AM
BUMP!

Not really sure how that works but Ive seen others using that...

pinky2017
November 13th, 2017, 06:20 AM
Atomic? Any advise?

atomic sagebrush
November 14th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Only bump if it's been like 4-5 days or more without a response. I can't always get thru all the free post every day. Since I go from oldest to newest, it just makes it take longer for me to get back to you. :)

Clomid or Femara are both great pink sways. Can't go wrong either way.

STart off BD with one attempt at positive OPK and after 2 months, go to every four days. I'd just have hubby do regular release every 2-4 days since FR hasn't really worked and really cuts odds of concepiton.