PDA

View Full Version : OPK and No EWCM questions...

4BlueLooking4Pink
July 28th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I have 2 questions for you:

I got a + OPK yesterday (the 2 lines were the same amount of dark). I've been having cramps on and off since yesterday with a bit more "punch" to them today. Today I got an even darker + OPK. If I had to guess I'd say I'm ovulating today or possibly tomorrow. I know they say you ovulate usually 12-36 hours after your first positive. Now since I got a darker + today does that mean maybe the 12-36 hours will be today's positive or will it be from yesterday where I got a + OPK but the line's were the same amount of dark?

My EWCM question... On Monday (3 days ago) I started getting EWCM. I was thinking I was going to get gobs of EWCM which was present for all 4 of my boys and wanted to at least dry it up some. I drank crystal light and have also been taking cranberry. I haven't noticed any EWCM since. I only did the crystal light once. I actually seem pretty dry altogether. I'm hoping my fingertip of replens mixed with 2 nights of dh's sperm are just making it hard for me to see my cm (I don't normally do an internal check) But what kind of a chance do I have to conceive if I have minimal cm at all!?!? I think we're going to dtd tonight too but dh is taking 2 of the boys camping this weekend so we won't be able to do it after tonight.

DoulaMama
July 28th, 2011, 07:07 PM

I got a + OPK yesterday (the 2 lines were the same amount of dark). I've been having cramps on and off since yesterday with a bit more "punch" to them today. Today I got an even darker + OPK. If I had to guess I'd say I'm ovulating today or possibly tomorrow. I know they say you ovulate usually 12-36 hours after your first positive. Now since I got a darker + today does that mean maybe the 12-36 hours will be today's positive or will it be from yesterday where I got a + OPK but the line's were the same amount of dark?

My EWCM question... On Monday (3 days ago) I started getting EWCM. I was thinking I was going to get gobs of EWCM which was present for all 4 of my boys and wanted to at least dry it up some. I drank crystal light and have also been taking cranberry. I haven't noticed any EWCM since. I only did the crystal light once. I actually seem pretty dry altogether. I'm hoping my fingertip of replens mixed with 2 nights of dh's sperm are just making it hard for me to see my cm (I don't normally do an internal check) But what kind of a chance do I have to conceive if I have minimal cm at all!?!? I think we're going to dtd tonight too but dh is taking 2 of the boys camping this weekend so we won't be able to do it after tonight.

Not so sure about the EWCM but I can't believe how close our stories are in regards to OPK's!

On the 25th, after having what I thought was the start of my period on the 23rd(turns out it was just break through bleeding...) I got some EWCM mixed with old blood. I took an opk that evening and it was negative but there was more colour than usual. So the next day on the 26th, at 9am I took another opk, it was nearly the same colour as the control line, but not quite. By 11am, the test was the same in colour. It stayed this way all day until the test I took at 5:30pm( I take them every 2 hrs just for kicks!) in which it went from the same colour, to much darker than the control line. I tested again a few more times on the 26th pm and then again from 6am on the 27th. All tests were darker than control all day long. Today, the line was darker than control line up until the 9am testing. It has faded considerably now and is negative for sure.

So....
+ from 11am - 530pm on the 26th
Dark + from 26th 530pm - 28th 9am.

I'm pretty darn sure that will all the O pain I had last night from 8-11pm and with nearly a degree F temp jump this am, that I did O last night.
That would mean..... If I count from the first + opk, in total I had 46hrs of + opk. If I count from the dark opk, I would have had 40hrs of +. In regards to how long the + opk showed before I think I o'd.....If I count from the first + it would be 36hrs after...if I count from the dark opk it would be 30hrs after. Both within the normal timeframe. All this to say that maybe you should count from the first + opk... :) I'm thinking O day would most likely be later today or in the middle of the night tonight. Do you feel O pain? Can you track your CP a bit? I had a change in my CP and my CM at around lunch time today, putting me at O+12, which would totally make sense. Good luck!!

4BlueLooking4Pink
July 28th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the reply! I've totally been having cramping both yesterday and today. It doesn't seem as noticeable right now. I think I'm going to go take another opk to see if it's as dark as the one after dinner.

Good luck to us both! :)

zanacal
July 29th, 2011, 04:07 AM
I've found that I have far less cramping on the day I actually ovulate. I've never used OPKs for previous pregnancies and I thought the boys were all O babies - but now I think they may have been cut-offs! On the day I get my first +OPK I'm expecting it because I'm very crampy and this is the day I think I'd have assumed I ovulated in the past. The next morning the cramps are usually gone but I still get a +OPK that day and I usually get some milder cramps back that evening, which is when I think I actually ovulate! I'm using the digital OPKs so I get a difinitive answer without having to wonder too much :D

Regarding the minimal EWCM, you're right I think that it doesn't help to conceive easily but that's also what you want for a girl sway so I'd feel positive about that. Interesting that the things meant to lower pH had a drying up effect too!

swish
July 29th, 2011, 04:24 AM
Hi, opk really confused me last cycle, I had 2 days of positive results, one turned out to be the day before ov and one the day of ov. I've decided not to doit this time as it was so confusing, I think with all the other things we're doing to sway girl, our bodies are reacting differently from before so you just can't compare. Gl!

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2011, 01:27 PM

You still have a good chance of conceiving even with no visible CM. Up inside where you can't see, you're making more CM, but it may be thick and not making it out of the cervix, so you can't see it. This is actually a good indicator you may be more girl-friendly than you were when you conceived your boys.

I would start counting the 12-36 hours from today's OPK, but with a nod to the fact that it's prob. closer to 12 than it is to 36 (since it was so dark yesterday).

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2011, 01:34 PM
I've found that I have far less cramping on the day I actually ovulate. I've never used OPKs for previous pregnancies and I thought the boys were all O babies - but now I think they may have been cut-offs! On the day I get my first +OPK I'm expecting it because I'm very crampy and this is the day I think I'd have assumed I ovulated in the past. The next morning the cramps are usually gone but I still get a +OPK that day and I usually get some milder cramps back that evening, which is when I think I actually ovulate! I'm using the digital OPKs so I get a difinitive answer without having to wonder too much :D

Regarding the minimal EWCM, you're right I think that it doesn't help to conceive easily but that's also what you want for a girl sway so I'd feel positive about that. Interesting that the things meant to lower pH had a drying up effect too!

Thank you for sharing this zanacal and this is a HUGE reason why I hope everyone takes timing with a gargantuan grain of salt - because a lot of the people who honestly and truly believe they conceived right on O because of their symptoms, have it wrong...a lot of women have their pain and max. CM the day before O!!! Most babies are conceived by BD prior to O.