PDA

View Full Version : Hope I'm not too late...

vmichelle
January 26th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Hello! I am trying for my last baby and hoping for a girl. I stopped BC pills (low dose) in July, started trying some of the ideas from In-Gender but I haven't ovulated since stopping. I have always had irregular cycles but never to the extent I was after stopping. Last two cycles were 66 days and 53. I received Provera and clomid this month and am now on cd3. I took my first clomid last night (cd2) per obgyn request. I did take supps last night but read on here that I shouldn't be taking or eating anything extra or out of ordinary with clomid. So should I just go back to eating as normal? Is it too late to get a sway plan? Should I be taking my clomid at a certain time everyday?

A quick bit of info/history - I'm 31 had DD(11) after cryo and depo lupron therapy (was told after treatment that I would never conceive), DS (8) was a clomid baby, DS(4) was an oops and DS(2) was also an oops while bf'ing and taking minipill. have been taking calcium, magnesium, prenatal, cranberry, folic acid supps off and on.

The Anchor
January 26th, 2015, 04:04 PM
I think you can take most other supps with Clomid - with the exception of Vitex and Soy ISOs. They don't mix. And Clomid will also dry up your CM, so you might want to stay away from the Robitussin.

I would take the Clomid before bed, the side effects can be bothersome and better to sleep them off.

Clomid is great for a girl sway. You can't be on it a long time, so you absolutely MUST attempt this month. Not enough time for a plan, but something to think about if this cycle fails. GL!!!

vmichelle
January 26th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Thank you! I definitely plan on attempting as soon as possible. So I should dtd every other day up to O and everyday during peak?

maidentomother
January 27th, 2015, 02:51 PM
We do things differently here - I would recommend you only take folic acid, no other supps as they may even sway blue. Since you have 3 sons I would personally want more time on the diet (and exercise) as well as time OFF the vitamins, before TTC. You've already started the Clomid so try this cycle with just ONE attempt as soon as you get a positive OPK. You don't want to BD multiple times, that sways blue! Just sex ONCE, 1-2 days before O to maximize odds of conception.

I would stop the vitamins/supps other than FA and start doing the LE diet and if possible, exercising every day (cardio, like walking or biking) for at least 60 min. If you don't conceive this cycle, I'd do a full 3 months on diet (+exercise) before TTC again.

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2015, 04:07 PM
hi and welcome!!

you can do le diet and some supps with clomid!

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2015, 04:08 PM
I think you can take most other supps with Clomid - with the exception of Vitex and Soy ISOs. They don't mix. And Clomid will also dry up your CM, so you might want to stay away from the Robitussin.

I would take the Clomid before bed, the side effects can be bothersome and better to sleep them off.

Clomid is great for a girl sway. You can't be on it a long time, so you absolutely MUST attempt this month. Not enough time for a plan, but something to think about if this cycle fails. GL!!!

this is absolutely correct agree 110%

atomic sagebrush
January 31st, 2015, 04:11 PM
Thank you! I definitely plan on attempting as soon as possible. So I should dtd every other day up to O and everyday during peak?

the first couple months i would try to stick with one attempt at positive opk. the pattern you are suggesting will sway blue. we are getinng 75% success with Clomid and 70% with pne attempt so both together is a very solid sway.