PDA

View Full Version : Venting

Junie
January 30th, 2015, 02:15 AM
A random acquaintance posted on FB that she is expecting her third and is 16 weeks. I totally raged on the inside. I think because the timing would have been so similar and I wanted to be the one making that announcement and because it is her third. I thought I had moved on but I guess not completely. I really hope my body plays along and it doesn't take too long to get pregnant again- I think will just make it much worse.

Sorry for the vent ladies. Sometimes this is just frustrating.

Ugee
January 30th, 2015, 02:49 AM
I can understand junie, fb is a bad place for GD and for jealousy. Hoping your time will come very soon and it's your girl! Life can be difficult when we want something so badly. I have 3 fb friends who have announced in the last 3 weeks they are expecting girls. Another is going for an early gender scan on Sunday and I just know from her nub shot it will be another girl. Feel like I have no chance at getting what I want after everyone else is. I try to stay off fb when I'm feeling low. Sending hugs ((()))

Junie
January 30th, 2015, 04:34 AM
Thanks Ugee! Don't worry this could be your girl!!!

2boysJustOneGirl
January 30th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Unfollow her. And anybody else who triggers these emotions. It helps sooo much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junie
January 30th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Good idea. I mean we aren't even close friends no reason for me to get updates!

sent using tapatalk

tarasue
January 30th, 2015, 09:36 AM
My sister did that to me.... It's hard to unfriend her:/. I haven't been able to talk to her since she had an ultrasound and her baby was measuring past where mine was when I lost it. I was fine until my mom full of excitement came over to me beaming that her baby is measuring 7wks4days with a hb of 132! Yipee fuckin' do!! I just broke down and my mom was really apologetic after that. Since then no one has even spoke to me about her baby & I'm just keeping my distance from everyone. Hopefully we get pregnant soon so the jealousy and rage feelings go away!

Sorry you are experiencing this.

2boysJustOneGirl
January 30th, 2015, 09:44 AM
Tarasue you can unfollow somebody and keep them as a friend. That way you don't see their updates in your newsfeed but you can still view their profile if you want and can follow them again at anytime without them ever knowing the difference:)

maidentomother
January 30th, 2015, 09:54 AM
Ohh I'm sorry hun. This is why I'm not on FB and won't be until I'm pregnant again. After my loss in 2012 I just can't bear to see babies or announcements. FB really is just AWFUL for those of us TTC, especially if we've had losses or are suffering from GD. Unfollow or take a break from FB completely, whatever you need to do to protect yourself emotionally.

Babybeaublue
January 30th, 2015, 09:59 AM
It's hard. I had a friend tell me how "you'll have to have another one soon" the month after my mc last year. She obviously didn't know. We were due about a week apart so every time I saw her growing bump I kept thinking, that's how I should be now. Also I was due Christmas day. No forgetting that date. :(

2boysJustOneGirl
January 30th, 2015, 10:06 AM
It's hard. I had a friend tell me how "you'll have to have another one soon" the month after my mc last year. She obviously didn't know. We were due about a week apart so every time I saw her growing bump I kept thinking, that's how I should be now. Also I was due Christmas day. No forgetting that date. :(

That is really tough. I had my miscarriage Dec 22- Merry Christmas! There will always be reminders and the less we have from social media the better.

Junie
January 30th, 2015, 10:25 AM
Also a very superficial vent but my skin got awful during the pregnancy and it is STILL awful. I'll only accept having pimples likes a teenage boy if I get a baby out of the deal. Alright body?! So maybe you could work on making yourself pregnant again ASAP or stop with the acne!

sent using tapatalk

2boysJustOneGirl
January 30th, 2015, 10:29 AM
Me too! I even have it on my back! Seriously annoying.

Junie
January 30th, 2015, 10:45 AM
I got it on my back too. Honestly I feel sorry for my husband. First I'm sick/gross for weeks due to the pregnancy now I'm not pregnant and still most definitely not looking my best. He is such a sweetie about it.

sent using tapatalk

tarasue
January 31st, 2015, 09:43 AM

I had the same thing happen at Christmas Eve dinner, two weeks after my dnc. As my mom is rocking a good family friends new granddaughter, he looks at me and asks "so are you guys working on another one of those?" I had to look away, fight back tears and my tongue and ignore him. My dad stepped in and said "Ya, I think they will try for another." He didn't know any better but half the table knew about the miscarriage and I could feel everyone's eyes on me to see my reaction. I was glad my dad said something and moved the conversation in a different direction.

bluebonnet22
February 22nd, 2015, 05:56 PM
Also a very superficial vent but my skin got awful during the pregnancy and it is STILL awful. I'll only accept having pimples likes a teenage boy if I get a baby out of the deal. Alright body?! So maybe you could work on making yourself pregnant again ASAP or stop with the acne!

sent using tapatalk
This happened to me too! My skin got awful during my loss pregnancy and never got better (even 2 months later, ugh). I think my loss made all my hormones get out of whack. Hugs to you!

Junie
February 25th, 2015, 07:10 AM
Thanks Bluebonnet22! Hopefully I will be able to get pregnant again soon and at least there will be a reason for it :)