PDA

View Full Version : my light boy sway, confirmed we are team blue!

z1ggy
January 30th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Just wanted to let you ladies know about my boy sway, it was light as i wasn't doing it properly plus its our first baby. I have been reading about swaying and actually found it really interesting so decided to give it a go, we didn't have any preference for our first. My husband knew i was saying but did not know what gender as he had no interest in it! I chose to sway for a boy as it seemed a bit easier to integrate with our life style. Hubby said you can do whatever you like as long as its natural :)
Our main aim was to increase fertility and our lifestyle to try and give baby a good start (i think this naturally sways blue)

I have had my 20 week scan and the sonographer has confirmed its a boy!:boybear2:

So my life style BEFORE:
I skipped breakfast almost all the time, hardly took vitamins, i don't have a muscly body- slim (5 foot 7 around 57kg) and not very strong lol, drank 1 cup of coffee every morning- didn't eat anything until about 11am (banana) and then lunch at about 1pm. Dont drink much milk and dairy products in general in fact i hate cold milk! Have a sweet tooth but do love crisps, chips..salty snacks. One thing that maybe would sway is that i do eat meat a lot...lots of chicken and sometimes red meat..so generally good quantity of protein.
We both have hot showers- hardly ever hot baths

For my Sway:
I started the diet about 6 weeks before, my aim was to try and increase our fertility- i started taking pregnancare conception vitamins and my hubby started taking the mens conception ones that came in the pack. I began eating breakfast- fortified cereal or porridge with full fat milk (medium sized amount as i was hardly hungry in the mornings). Protein at every meal which was fairly easy as i did do this a lot anyway, i also always have wholemeal carbs rather than processed ones.
so that was 3 meals a day...i also had snacks which were fruit and nuts or hummus with wholemeal pitta, plenty of fruit and veg. I stopped my morning coffee and did not drink alcohol (im not a big drinker anyway so was no big deal), i dont drink fizzy drinks much but i used to have diet coke, i cut that out and if i fancied fizzy drink i had fanta or sprite..this was rare
Im not good at the exercise part..i did weights barely once a week..this was an area i could have improved!
At the time i conceived, we were on holiday so lots of eating out, big meals (we did have steak a few times around conception), plenty of salt.
Still had hot showers but not before BDing
i actually put on a little bit of weight- probably an extra 6lbs

Hubby- he does exercise...mainly weights, again a protein eater- he doesn't feel like he has eaten properly if the meal does not contain much meat! He wear loose boxers. He stopped drinking alcohol and he does not smoke.

I did start to track my cycles about 3 months before we planned on conceiving
I used ovulation kit...did the deed 2 days before ovulation and on/just before i ovulated (did it twice that day and we used pre seed, i don't have a lot of CM), doggy style (sorry TMI!), i put a pillow under my hips and lay there for about 20 minutes.
I did not pay any attention to moon signs or anything like that- purely diet and lifestyle- more nutrients, try to remove the bad stuff and increase our fertility. I used the base principles on this forum so thank you GD for the knowledge!

We would have been happy with either gender, no doubt next time we will give it a go for a little girl. We are looking forward to meeting our little guy this summer!

Sorry i know i have not used the normal format for adding sways. I hope this may help someone who wants to try for a blue bundle

Mrsandmama
January 30th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Congrats!!

atomic sagebrush
January 30th, 2015, 12:28 PM
Huge congrats!! Can someone add this to our 2014 outcomes??

Ziggy if you add your data to the spreadsheet it really helps us.

So happy for you!