PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun birthday month poll

mommymachine
January 30th, 2015, 07:46 PM
Just for fun. I am going back and forth between what month would be best to have another baby. So far we have:

June
December
June
January
November

I am in Feb and DH is in Dec.

Dreamofpink
January 31st, 2015, 03:10 AM
April is a wonderful month to have a baby in, or maybe September? In our house, we have:
April
May
May
July
December :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

kitkat18
January 31st, 2015, 03:29 AM
I would take into account the seasons I am 30 weeks pregnant in the hottest most humid summer so right about now I would say September or October as they are cooler months in New Zealand and by the time it gets hot your baby is a bit older !

bunnywabbit
January 31st, 2015, 07:42 AM
DS was June. I'm October, DH November.

IF I do decide to have another one I'd love to try for an April to September baby. When it's their birthday it should hopefully be a lovely, warm day to go out, enjoy and celebrate. I've always hated mine in October because the weather has turned horrible and colder and the nights are darker much earlier so leaving less options.

bunnywabbit
January 31st, 2015, 07:47 AM
I would take into account the seasons I am 30 weeks pregnant in the hottest most humid summer so right about now I would say September or October as they are cooler months in New Zealand and by the time it gets hot your baby is a bit older !

Agreed - I was talking to a good friend a while ago and mentioned I'd love a September baby. He said it'd be lovely in the UK as the weather is still warm but being heavily pregnant in, say, Texas when the weather is heading for 40°c is very uncomfortable at best.

MissyMc7
January 31st, 2015, 08:33 AM
Late winter/early spring I think is best. I have 2 winter bubs and hubby and I are winter and whilst it's good because that is mid year in Australia and it's nice to not be close to Christmas it sucks getting up to a newborn several times a night in the freezing cold. My ds1 is a summer baby and being pregnant in the heat and having a sweaty baby stuck to your boob constantly is no fun either. I'm really looking forward to my spring baby this time because I'll be heavily pregnant over winter and the days/nights will just be getting nice when bub is born and we'll have 2-3 months before the heat kicks in.

mommymachine
January 31st, 2015, 09:56 AM
The heat aggravates my thyroid condition, which is aggravated by pregnancy anyway. So I would love to avoid June through September if possible. I had easier pregnancies when I was due in winter/late fall.

April would be nice. But my MIL and SIL and niece are all in April already.

May might be nice.

maidentomother
February 1st, 2015, 12:36 PM
I say March or April. NOT Jan or Feb, but I'm biased bc I have such severe SAD and those 2 months are the worst, I think it would be so rough to have a newborn then.

atomic sagebrush
February 1st, 2015, 02:56 PM
I always wanted a February baby so I"m going that route.

I have an Aries baby and he's...erm...warlike and hotheaded...so I do not vote for March!!!!

Nahri
February 2nd, 2015, 12:41 AM
I dont do heat, and I DEFINITELY dont do heat while pregnant. So all I cared about when choosing the birthdate that I would not have to rush to the hospital for delivery in 10 feet of snow and not have to deal with pregnancy hot flashes in mid summer heat so we shot for the April-June timeline

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2015, 02:08 PM
bumping

mommymachine
February 3rd, 2015, 02:20 PM
I would love February because I selfishly want a birthday buddy (I'm feb 20th). We will see!!! I know I'm the minority but I love having a winter birthday and love winter babies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True Blue
February 3rd, 2015, 02:39 PM
I love Feb because I get on really great with the Aquarius males I know and swaying boy lol

The timing of our attempts would be possibly March (Aries so lol atomic) or April although I'm not sure about a Taurus baby :D I only seem to click with Taurus females.

Anyone believe in star sign personalities ?

XXforhubby
February 3rd, 2015, 05:03 PM
I would do February! I always wanted a Fall/Winter/Spring baby. In our house we have:

Me: September- Virgo

DH: March- Aries

DS1: August- Virgo

DS2: June- Gemini

maidentomother
February 3rd, 2015, 05:40 PM
True Blue, I'm very into astrology.

I'd most like to give birth in Sep-Oct and I'm deadset against Jan-Feb due to SAD (at least for my first child, I'm hoping my SAD will improve once I'm in my new house and once I'm a mother). But astrologically, I would most like, in descending order:

Sagittarius
Virgo
Aries
Libra
Aquarius
Capricorn
Pisces
Scorpio

I'm deadset against:

Cancer/Taurus (I will avoid these at all cost)
Leo
Gemini

Though I don't believe Sun Sign is everything, you have to look at the whole natal chart.

As for men, romantically I do best with Sagg and Aries. Earth are okay. Water & Air are disastrous. In terms of friends, 90% of my closest friends are Virgos or Libras.

True Blue
February 4th, 2015, 03:59 AM
My dead set against would be Pisces and Scorpio :D

bunnywabbit
February 4th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I'm deadset against:

Cancer/Taurus (I will avoid these at all cost)
Leo
Gemini

Though I don't believe Sun Sign is everything, you have to look at the whole natal chart.

Am curious now... Why deadset against these? Little man is a Gemini, is it a trait thing or just what matches/didn't match with your star sign?

True Blue
February 4th, 2015, 09:31 AM
My deadsets against would be that I find any Pisces or Scorpio I know are very emotionally draining on me - which is probably more my own trait iykwim

One of my best friends is a Gemini :) great fun !!

I'm a Leo.

Dreaming_blue_and_pink
February 4th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Deleted post.

kellbell827
February 4th, 2015, 03:13 PM
I have June, July & August babies. I am in August and DH is in November. I have already told him that I don't want to have another summer pregnancy b/c I was so miserable those last few weeks every time, it was SOOO very hot!! I would like to have our next one in the other part of the year (October-May) so that I am not super pregnant during the hot summer months!!

Pearl327
February 4th, 2015, 03:19 PM
In our house. I am February -Pisces, DH is March and also Pisces. DD is December Sagittarius/Capricorn born 11.48pm on the 21st and DS is a Cancer. Having had a mid winter in a blizzard baby and a mid summer hottest day on record for decades baby. I would opt for spring or autumn as a preference.

maidentomother
February 5th, 2015, 04:37 PM
I just don't get along with Geminis, but I think they're great. Leos are okay but their pride issues infuriate/frustrate me.

Cancer & Taurus have the worst traits & energy IMO.

Pisces and Scorpio I'm not crazy about either, both have definite negative traits but some redeeming ones.

I am a Pisces Sun, Virgo Moon (born on full moon so my Moon is as strong as my sun) and Cancer Rising/Ascendant. I also have a powerfully placed Mars in Aries & Uranus in Sagittarius, and 3 planets in Libra. Scorpio & Taurus are intercepted signs for me which is part of why I don't deal well with those energies, as I don't have/understand them myself. I'm definitely biased, I think it's impossible not to be!

Georgia_Peach
February 5th, 2015, 05:10 PM
Both hubby and I are pisces. Born in Feb and march. I have a jan baby (aquarius) and a Oct baby (libra)... and depending on when she arrives a pisces/aquarius baby ( due late feb/early march 2015). She's literally due on hubby's birthday.
I so wanted to have a summer baby. Preferably June or July. I will NEVER have a fire sign (aug-leo) in my house bc it would overwelm our water/air sign environment. Lol.
But just the thought of summer birthday parties outside always sounded so nice! 😊

TaytumJ
February 5th, 2015, 08:38 PM
As a teacher, I'd love to have a baby in April/May and be able to spend the whole summer with him/her before having to send off to daycare. Just seems so much easier than sending a 6 week old baby.

I'm an Aries and DH is a Leo and we both seem to get along really well except when when either of us is right we're right and when either of us is wrong we're still right.

Ugee
February 6th, 2015, 03:07 AM
My boys are

April-Taurus

June-Gemini

I am September and a libra and so I was so worried my 1st DS would be late and turn out to be cancer sign as I find I never get on with them as a star sign but libra's tend to get on with everyone really. Anyway he was on time and so a Gemini.

This baby is due in august so a Virgo :) I'm happy that all the children are spread out and not too close to Christmas

hopper
March 16th, 2015, 08:01 AM
This has been an interesting read. I am a Leo, DH is a Scorpio. We are together 14 years so have definitely learned how to avoid the typical clashes you may see between Leos and Scorpios. The first 3 years were definitely intense to say the least, but we were in our early 20s then so I guess everything is more intense when you are younger!!
Our boys are both February babies but different signs - eldest DS is Pisces and youngest DS is Aquarius. I would like a summer baby next time, fingers crossed!!

atomic sagebrush
March 16th, 2015, 01:35 PM
Am curious now... Why deadset against these? Little man is a Gemini, is it a trait thing or just what matches/didn't match with your star sign?

Hey I am a Gemini so they can't be all bad. :)

mommymachine
March 16th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Hey I am a Gemini so they can't be all bad. :)

I have 2 little Geminis that I love to pieces!!! But then again, I really don't give much credit to signs at all.

I am still no closer to figuring out which month we will try for. It might be a last minute decision. DH is leaning more toward trying in June so maybe that should be what we are aiming for. We will see!!!

True Blue
March 16th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I feel like I'm shouting it from the rooftops here but we brought our sway forward so instead of starting in July we are starting in May :) so we could end up with a Feb (Aquarius) baby if we were very lucky :)
I hope so :)

hopper
March 16th, 2015, 06:01 PM
I feel like I'm shouting it from the rooftops here but we brought our sway forward so instead of starting in July we are starting in May :) so we could end up with a Feb (Aquarius) baby if we were very lucky :)
I hope so :)

So happy for you!! Best of luck and sending lots of blue dust your way :)

maidentomother
March 16th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Ooooh good luck True!

Rosie85
March 16th, 2015, 06:24 PM
I think basing having a baby on what their sign would be is insane. Lol

I have never cared to look into how my family meshes sign wise but we are as follows

Dh-scorpio
Me - Scorpio
Ds1- july 30th..no clue on his sign lol
Ds2 - Scorpio
Ds3- april 9th...no clue what his is either...like i said i think signs are dumb. Anyone who is educated in it though...i mu family a good or bad mix?!

Oh and baby 4 is due oct 5th..whatever that would be.

True Blue
March 16th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Your DS1 July 30th is Leo :)
Your DS3 April 9th is Aries :)

Baby due Oct 5th Libra :)

Lenhu816
March 16th, 2015, 07:01 PM
Dd- May, Ds- March, Dh- April, Me- June. And I love having my kids in the spring time. I wasn't enormous while summer was here and that made everything more bare-able in late pregnancy. Although I'm due in 1 week with ds and it's been about 75* these past week- normally I wouldn't complain, but it's feels like 90* to me and that caused my headaches and I just felt BLAH from the heat.

sc1411
March 17th, 2015, 08:08 AM
DD1 -May
DD2 - July
Me -November
DH- November

If I am pregnant right now this child will be in November:)

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2015, 12:07 PM
The prob. I had was even when I tried to get a particular sign baby, I invariably ended up getting pg in the one month I didn't really want to LOL.

While technically it is supposed to be unscientific, I have just seen too much to discount it. They have come up with some science that shows people born in certain months are actually more prone to depression than others and I really just feel like there's somehting there - obviously it can't predict the future or anything but I do feel like there are some trends there where I know people who are just very very similar and end up having the same signs. :)

True Blue
March 17th, 2015, 12:11 PM
I have guessed people's sign correctly many times from strong traits :)

Rosie85
March 17th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Crazy I guess i just dont over analyze people too much. That and i am not around anyone but my kids most days. Haha. All i do know is that the three scorpios in my house are nothing alike so inguess that makes me not buy into it.

maidentomother
March 17th, 2015, 06:20 PM
I don't believe in generalized astrology (like horoscopes in newspapers) but detailed, specific astrology (I.e. natal charts) are often so eerily accurate IME. I even have a scientific theory as to why astrology works based on gravity.

My fave is looking at how 2 people's charts interact, that is very informative I have found. Astrology explains why and how all my romantic relationships went the way they did. And it's obvious why my mother and brother never got along with me based on our charts, too. Thus why I want to do what I can to optimize a harmonious family. There is literally no chance I could ever be close to either mom or bro astrologically.

Unfortunately you can't predict/plan most astrological details unless you're willing to induce or have a c section. I would maybe consider the former but never the latter.

Rosie85
March 18th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Where would i find one of these charts?? I am interested in taking a look!

maidentomother
March 18th, 2015, 08:31 AM
You need to know your exact time & place of birth. I use astro.com it has great free natal charts. The interpretation is the difficult/expensive part. I'm an amateur astrologer and I can interpret the major aspects pretty well but I still have a LOT to learn about the nuances, which are many and detailed! It's fun though, I like to do cold readings bc that proves it best. I do think there is a psychic component and the best astrologers are psychics. I'm not a big fan of computer interpretations of charts and find them less accurate.

If you ever just want to get started learning the basics, I love Linda Goodman's astrology books. She's very good at conveying/describing the qualities/energies of the signs, planets, etc.

bunnywabbit
March 18th, 2015, 09:19 AM
They have come up with some science that shows people born in certain months are actually more prone to depression than others and I really just feel like there's somehting there - obviously it can't predict the future or anything but I do feel like there are some trends there where I know people who are just very very similar and end up having the same signs. :)

That's interesting.... You wouldn't happen to know which months these are?

bunnywabbit
March 18th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Where would i find one of these charts?? I am interested in taking a look!

Try Birth Chart Calculator (http://astrology.about.com/library/bl_freeAstrochart.htm). Have just pulled up my chart - 90% is accurate!

Rosie85
March 18th, 2015, 10:01 AM
Cool...now if i could only remember my time of birth. Haha

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2015, 12:02 PM
That's interesting.... You wouldn't happen to know which months these are?

May and JUne

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2015, 12:04 PM
I have guessed people's sign correctly many times from strong traits :)

me too including Gordon Ramsay LOL. My sons shut up about me and astrology after I did that. :)

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2015, 12:05 PM
correction - I can tell the 4 "types" a high % of the time, not necessarily individual signs. Like, Air, Fire, Water, Earth

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Crazy I guess i just dont over analyze people too much. That and i am not around anyone but my kids most days. Haha. All i do know is that the three scorpios in my house are nothing alike so inguess that makes me not buy into it.

I think the "water" signs are harder to guess because they're meant to be very changeable. :)

Rosie85
March 18th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Well that explains why people think i have.multiple personalities! Lmao! Seriously though i always have found myself to be adaptable and have a hard time taking personality quizzes because i fit all the answers. Ha!

maidentomother
March 18th, 2015, 05:32 PM
Yep Water signs are hard to guess/often come off as other (Scorpios & Pisces especially can be chameleons). I'm a Pisces sun/Cancer rising plus have 3 other planets in Pisces/Cancer but I think I come across more as a Virgo or Sagittarius or even Aries (all of which feature prominently in my chart). But I also have nearly all mutable energy (NO fixed at all!) so I am a particularly slippery chart to summarize, so to speak. My Pisces/Cancer traits are very much there but manifest more quietly IMO, especially bc I have a very forceful personality (and that can overshadow quieter/more passive traits, I particularly see this in Scorpios...all of whom have strong personalities IME).

I am almost never surprised by people's charts and can often guess specifics (like hey, Mars in Aries or I bet Moon & Sun are in opposition, or there so and so signs intercepted...or life stuff like which signs are ruled by which houses, etc). But as I said, I think there is often a psychic component even in hobby astrologers.