PDA

View Full Version : Magneisum to help insulin resistance?

Mum4life
February 1st, 2015, 08:32 PM
Ok, so i have been reading about insulin resistance and i found that magnesium can help with this? Is this true? or should i just not take it?

luvmyfam
February 1st, 2015, 09:30 PM
Atomic mentioned this before. I think small doses (250mg) are supposed to help.

atomic sagebrush
February 2nd, 2015, 01:42 PM
What you need to do is eat a different diet, lose some weight, and exercise. Taking magnesium for IR is like flapping your arms to defy gravity.

Cinnamon may help but I see your little one is newly born, would not use cinnamon with BF.

Mum4life
February 2nd, 2015, 03:57 PM
We stopped bf'ing at 4 months- we had so many issues with bfing that kept piling up. I do plan on losing weight and the diet etc. i just wasn't sure whether the magnesium would help at all. I also think i might go back to my doctor and ask her to test my insulin levels and testosterone levels again

atomic sagebrush
February 3rd, 2015, 01:50 PM
Cinnamon works way better. I would eat 1/8 teaspoon (that is a very small amount but it works) every day and then wean off gradually in the 2ww of teh month you are ready to start TTC, start again if BFN, etc

I read you were on Metformin in another thread so please consult your doc before starting the cinnamon. Most will allow it but I just want to be sure.