PDA

View Full Version : O-4 Chances?

TaytumJ
February 4th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I saw this on a previously posted thread, so I wanted to give it new life and see how things turned out for everyone! DH and I DTD last Thursday night. I was so frustrated with my lack of O and cycle that I basically quit using OPK and checking CM and called it a wash, made an appt. with OBGYN and called it good. Temp spike yesterday, with a sustained high BBT today. If my calculations are correct, that's O-4 (assuming O was sometime Monday). I've been reading Atomic's great information the past few days, and I feel like I do already have a good boy diet in place (love meat, fruits, have been eating more veggies the past few months, prenatal for 3 months, snacking on nuts daily, etc.). So...I know we can't really tell right now, but is it possible I could still get pregnant with a boy? I'm interested to see how everyone's cycle's turned out, especially those of you who conceived a few days away from O!

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Timing doesn't sway and there's the full case against it here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

Your odds of conception are lower to be sure 4 days before O, but it IS possible. It is especially possible if you've been eating a boy-friendly diet because you are likely gonna be higher in fertility than the average bear.

I have 3 of my 4 boys conceived with cutoffs. 2 of them were LONG cutoffs - now to explain, this was back in the day when I did not know much about my cycle, however, my first boy I got 1-2 days after AF ended and I have supershort AF...I obviously ovulated early, but there is no way I ovulated 9 or 10 days early and so he had to have been hanging around for a few days at least (we only DTD 2 times and then not again).

My second son, I was more knowledgeable about cycles but not like I am now. I have very regular periods. We were TTC with him, in the early days of the cycle, and then my husband changed his mind about TTC and refused to have any more attempts. This was 4-5 days before O, and again while I could have ovulated early, I rarely ever did or do and he was prob. hanging around for a while too! :)

TaytumJ
February 4th, 2015, 09:12 PM
That's good to know! Maybe it will make my first 2WW a little more exciting! [emoji4]

I also saw on one post that you wanted to name DD Dallas. That's #1 on my girl names! I have DH kind of swayed on it (spelled Dalis). So even if we end up with a DD I love the name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maidentomother
February 5th, 2015, 11:16 AM
I have conceived from O-4, though I don't know what the gender was. But I have seen plenty of boys conceived from O-4 so totally possible! Fx for you.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2015, 11:28 AM
That's good to know! Maybe it will make my first 2WW a little more exciting! [emoji4]

I also saw on one post that you wanted to name DD Dallas. That's #1 on my girl names! I have DH kind of swayed on it (spelled Dalis). So even if we end up with a DD I love the name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree: I really really did! At the last possible second we ended up with a name I love just as much but I really really do like the name Dallas for a boy or a girl (I know two guys named Dallas as well)