PDA

View Full Version : Just starting to plan...

kellbell827
February 4th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Hi Ladies! My little guy just turned 5 months old. We are enjoying every minute with him and not in a huge rush but I am just starting to get some ideas together for my sway. We are thinking late 2015 or maybe even early 2016 to start trying again It will be our last and while I have definitely come to the realization that I love being a boy mom, I just really would love to complete our family with a little pink bundle! I am planning to buy the custom sway this summer but right now I am still breastfeeding so just looking for ideas of how I can start to get ready.

Also, I know fiber has been shown to help with the girl sway. Does that include fiber one products or strictly the pills/supplements?

Any advice is appreciated!

Mum4life
February 5th, 2015, 05:51 AM
I have being seeing a lot of ladies taking metamucil supplements, but i don't think this is a must, only if you can't fit fibre into your diet during the day

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Huge congrats Kell!!

Since bubs is still pretty tiny I'd hold off on fiber for now - I am prob. being overly conservative but I worry fiber could absorb too many of the nutrients from your diet that you need to make milkies.

Fiber in diet DOES sway, it's just that it is a less reliable way to get the fiber. ARe the Fiber One products not also heavily fortified?? If they are, I'd use the supps.

I don't think you need to go this far just yet but I do think it behooves one to go vegetarian at some point prior to starting a full on sway diet.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2015, 08:16 AM
I have being seeing a lot of ladies taking metamucil supplements, but i don't think this is a must, only if you can't fit fibre into your diet during the day

For reasons that we can only guess at, the fiber supps have seemed to raise our success rates.

kellbell827
February 8th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks ladies! Atomic - when do u recommend that I start the fiber? Because of having a c section, September would be the absolute soonest that we would TTC. I am honestly thinking later though.

atomic sagebrush
February 9th, 2015, 10:59 AM
I'd wait a bit longer to give your body enough time to heal up, but that's just me! I've never had a c-section so I may be overly cautious there.

6 weeks before is more than enough.

Pearl327
February 11th, 2015, 05:23 AM
Kellbell, I am sure your consultant would have given you advice. But as a veteran of 2 c-sections (2nd a failed VBAC attempt) the advice given to me was 9 months is the earliest to try again after section and if planning a VBAC 18 months or later has the best success rates.

kellbell827
February 13th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Thanks ladies! My little one was born in August so we wouldn't even begin to contemplate trying until he is a year old. He was my 3rd section so I want to be sure that I am all healed before getting pregnant again. I have had 3 summer babies so I also like the idea of waiting until next spring and switching it up a bit and having a winter or spring baby! For selfish reasons, I just like the February birthstone but we'll see how it works out lol! Plus, being very pregnant in the hot summer months was just not fun! Anyway, I am just thinking a little bit about what I can do b/c this will for sure be our last one. Not in a huge hurry though and I plan to buy the sway plan once we start thinking about it more seriously.

kellbell827
February 13th, 2015, 07:51 PM
How do I tell if the Fiber One is heavily fortified?

Pearl327
February 14th, 2015, 02:35 AM
Is fibre one a cereal or a supplement ? Either way check the packet the only thing on the nutritional info should be fibre. No vitamins or minerals

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2015, 04:08 PM
The back of the box with the nutrient info will have tons of vitamins listed that don't seem like they ought to be in there! (like 30% iron, etc)

kellbell827
February 16th, 2015, 10:33 AM
Thanks ladies! Fiber One has a whole bunch of foods - cereal, snack bars, fruit snacks, supplements. They don't taste half bad so I was trying to figure out if it would help my sway. I will check the box!

atomic sagebrush
February 16th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I had eaten a choc. chip cookie from Fiber one at my MIL's house and was really pleasantly surprised how good it was! :)

2lovelyboys
February 17th, 2015, 03:00 PM
Hiya, I'm thinking of swaying for my fourth and final around the same time :)

kellbell827
March 10th, 2015, 09:29 AM
2lovelyboys - when are you thinking of trying? My hubby is trying to convince me to try again this summer. I think I'd like to wait until next spring.

Princess Mom
March 16th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Hi, I also have a little boy born in 2014, just wanted to say hi! I most likely will be trying in October, I'm in no rush but then again don't want to wait too much longer. My DH is 39, im 27 so yep I have lots of time. My DH doesn't want to wait a few years, I can't blame him. Also, my 4th and final.

Best of luck to you ladies