PDA

View Full Version : A baby girl on our first attempt - USA Gender Selection

loco76
February 6th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Hi,
We are the proud parents of two perfect little boys and yearned for a girl to add to our family :) We travelled from Australia to the USA to complete the gender selection process with Dr Kolb of HRC in Pasadena (LA).

Needless to say, it was a steep learning curve throughout however were lucky enough to have our beautiful little girl on our first attempt.

Dr Kolb and his team were amazing and we are happy to share any information on the process and our experiences :)

Hayley

Kittybear
February 6th, 2015, 04:46 AM
Congratulations! X

nuthinbutpink
February 6th, 2015, 06:28 AM
Congrats!

loco76
February 6th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Thanks heaps :)

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Congrats and thanks for posting!

Determined
February 7th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Congrats and may I ask if you view facebook can people on your friends list see that?

kitkat18
February 10th, 2015, 03:56 AM
Big congrats X

vickyaust
February 21st, 2015, 01:45 AM
Guys hate to say it but I'm not a member of your FB group and I can see who is on the member list. All names and profile pics. Just want all to be aware given many people are private about their GS. I know I am.

Boom
February 21st, 2015, 02:25 AM
It should be a secret group rather than closed. Then no one can find it unless invited

WannaGirl
February 21st, 2015, 03:15 AM
Congrats! how far along are you?

JuliaConley
March 18th, 2015, 04:12 PM
aww Congratulations to you!!

Sunbuny
March 18th, 2015, 05:10 PM
I joined an Australian FB page and thought it was secret. I was mortified when a friend asked me "if I had something to tell her". Needless to say I unjoined that group that night. I was just lucky she told me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vickyaust
March 20th, 2015, 05:49 AM
I had a similar problem with Facebook as Sunbuny. I liked Dr Potters Gender Selection page and a friend messaged me asking if I knew that she got a notification that I liked it. I was so horrified.

purple
March 20th, 2015, 06:46 AM
Congrats Loco76!

You can set up facebook to not show pages that you like and also not show notifications but this is just for pages. I can't remember exactly how to do it but if you google something like 'how to hide liked pages on facebook' there are instructions.

Unfortunately if you join a Public or Closed group other people can see that you are a member so you have to be careful if you don't want people knowing what you are doing. I have chose to not join some groups for this reason!

loco76
May 7th, 2015, 06:02 AM
Congrats and may I ask if you view facebook can people on your friends list see that?

Hi there. The closed group that I have created on facebook does not allow other people to see your posts. Only people in the closed groups will be able to see it. It will appear on your feed however has a little symbol under your name which indicates that it is only seen by people in the same closed group. Definitely scary when you see it come up on your feed however your friends will not see it unless they are part of the closed group :)

Hope this helps.

Claire33
May 8th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Congrats on your baby girl!

It's not about who can see your posts, it's the fact that your friends can see that you are a member of this group, ergo you are announcing to all your FB-friends that you have done gender selection for your girl. You might not want them to know this! That is why the group needs to be secret not closed. I would never ever ever join a closed group about this topic because someone on my FB list is going to see that I am a member, most likely many people will see it. I probably wouldn't even join a secret group, I don't want my personal identity to be known even among fellow HT-ladies.

devilgirls1
August 9th, 2015, 01:24 PM
congratulations:cheerteam:

loco76
October 26th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Hi. We can highly recommend Dr Bradford Kolb from HRC Pasadena - Los Angeles. The company we went through in Australia is kolbfertility.com.au. Hayley and Graeme are the local support and helped us with everything - from memory they are from the Gold Coast, Queensland.