PDA

View Full Version : Antihistamines bad for blue sway?

ThreeLittleStars
February 7th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone. Am hoping to start supps soon and diet in April and first attempt in May/June because I would like to try for a late winter/ early spring baby. The trouble is, I get seasonal allergies which make it necessary for me to take an antihistamine. Is this a reason one would push off a sway? Or is it not enough of a pink swaying factor on its own to be worried about?

ThreeLittleStars
February 7th, 2015, 01:05 PM
In the past, my allergies have lasted from about late March until early July or so.

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2015, 01:19 PM
Antihistamines have gotten mediocre results for pink and if you need them, you need them. I do not think they're a dealbreaker for blue.

ThreeLittleStars
February 7th, 2015, 01:47 PM
Thank you for your quick reply! Ok awesome, thanks so much.

ThreeLittleStars
February 7th, 2015, 01:51 PM
So if it was a question of first attempt in June on antihistamine or July without, you wouldn't even recommend I wait?

maidentomother
February 7th, 2015, 01:54 PM
I agree with atomic...also, as someone who has serious all-the-time, chronic allergies (or SOMETHING that causes painful ear congestion), I have found my body adjusts to the antihistamines & decongestants. I've been taking the OTC antihistamine chlorpheniramine, a plant-extract antihistamine called quercetin, and the decongestant pseudoephedrine - all several times DAILY for the past 6 years. In addition, the past 2 years I've been taking a German herbal blend that acts as a decongestant & antihistamine 3x daily and another OTC antihistamine once daily. If I skip my meds or run out I'm in incredible pain, like ear infection ache + stabbing. The quercetin & pseudo especially are essential.

Anyway, I naturally, when eating my normal boy friendly diet, have loads of fertile CM for a week or more before O. I do have less now than I did in my 20s, but I still have a lot, so I think my body has learned to compensate for the drying effect on my CM. In 2012 I conceived boy/girl twins my 2nd cycle NTNP while taking those first 3 supps. I wasn't swaying. So you can make fertile CM and conceive a boy even on megadose allergy meds.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2015, 11:34 AM
So if it was a question of first attempt in June on antihistamine or July without, you wouldn't even recommend I wait?

Well, it depends on how "ideal" a sway you want. Ideally you'd want to wait, but realistically I don't think it's necessary to do it.

We are getting FANTASTIC results for blue and I don't see the addition of antihistamines (which have gotten results for pink indicating that it's not doing much if anything at all) changing that whatsoever. BUT, you have to decide if you want to have any regrets if you get an opposite - will you live a thousand lifetimes thinking about that one month difference??? :)

question - did you get your gals while using the antihistamine?? If so, you may be more motivated not to take them. :)

ThreeLittleStars
February 8th, 2015, 01:00 PM
No, I only started getting allergies with my last maybe? And none of them were conceived during those months anyway, come to think of it. Thanks so much for all your help :).