PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear of this new blood test?

2boysforlisa
February 7th, 2015, 03:40 PM
I'm new here with just w question.

New test Called sneak peek?

You prick your finger and fill 4 circles on a paper.. Mail it back and they tell you if it's a boy or girl?

I did it with a boy result after two boys, wondering if anyone has tried it?

SneakPeek | Early Gender Test (http://sneakpeektest.com)

I'm wondering if it's a valid test? Wishing I didn't take it.. Results are making me crazy.

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2015, 04:28 PM
I can't get this to load up. Supposedly some of these have been reliable but the better tests are done in a lab. The at-home results may be contaminated by DNA in the area and come up boy when it's not.

2boysforlisa
February 7th, 2015, 04:33 PM
I can't get this to load up. Supposedly some of these have been reliable but the better tests are done in a lab. The at-home results may be contaminated by DNA in the area and come up boy when it's not.

Gah this one is relatively new. I made sure to clean the table, my hands, etc.

Wishing I waited because now I'm going crazy.

2boysforlisa
February 7th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Do you think this would change results? Having the male chromosome from my other pregnancies?

Unborn Baby Boys Can Pass DNA To Their Moms — Study - Hollywood Life (http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/09/27/baby-boy-dna-mom-brain-study-research/)

I guess I'm reaching

Xmissxamandax
February 8th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Dang it's $100. Which is what I'm paying for my sonogram in two weeks. I'll wait!

But how far a long were you? It's says its less accurate in the beginning. Which most tests are. Have you done any other gender tests? Nub sonogram, baking soda, etc??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2015, 11:04 AM
Gah this one is relatively new. I made sure to clean the table, my hands, etc.

Wishing I waited because now I'm going crazy.

The thing about DNA - it's invisible LOL so while obviously it's gonna get better results if you clean it, it could still be crosscontaminated. We have speculated re: male DNA left behind in mother's blood****** before - the companies claim that they have some method of differentiating but I don't think anyone is really quite sure if it works or not.

I think the best course of action is to prepare to hear blue but hope for a surprise. :)

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2015, 11:05 AM
Dang it's $100. Which is what I'm paying for my sonogram in two weeks. I'll wait!

But how far a long were you? It's says its less accurate in the beginning. Which most tests are. Have you done any other gender tests? Nub sonogram, baking soda, etc??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baking soda, cabbage, drano, ring tests are all totally inaccurate. :) Just want everyone to know that.

maidentomother
February 9th, 2015, 12:58 PM
To my knowledge it shouldn't be possible as it's not enough blood/DNA and the cost of testing the DNA would far exceed $100. So I would bet it's a scam. I'd even bet a finger (already missing one, would like it back!).