PDA

View Full Version : Measurements

Babybeaublue
February 7th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Ok I know not to believe everything I hear/read concerning gender, but something that keeps coming up is that boys measure bigger ie you measure ahead of your dates at scans. My girls always measured a few days behind at nt and 20 wk scans (even though one ended up 8lb 12)

This time at my nt scan I was spot on for my dates, but at my 20 week was 4 days behind.

Really hoping lots of you can prove this one wrong for me!!

Georgia_Peach
February 7th, 2015, 05:56 PM
I measured ahead by 6 days at my first ultrasound and they bumped up my due date then. I'm having a girl after 2 boys. But having said that my hubby is 6 ft 4 so I think I just carry bigger babies. Sounds promising though! 😊

Pebbles&BamBam
February 7th, 2015, 06:15 PM
I measured always behind with DD, I'm almost measuring a week ahead with DS, also gained more weight

bluebonnet22
February 7th, 2015, 06:17 PM
At my 15 week scan my DS and DD were both measuring exactly on dates. I don't think there's much correlation.

WantALittleBlue
February 7th, 2015, 06:45 PM
My ds measured to date up until 26 weeks after that I was constantly being sent for ultrasounds because my ob was concerned that he wasn't growing but nevertheless he was born 7lbs at 39 weeks he was my smallest baby out of 3, 2girls 1 boy.

atomic sagebrush
February 8th, 2015, 10:56 AM
My daughter was my second biggest baby!!! My most boyish boy of them all is my smallest baby and I was also eating the most boy-friendly diet by far with him. I have read that higher levels of maternal testosterone may equal smaller babies, so it may simply be that your T levels went up because of swaying and thus your baby is a little bit smaller. :) (sheer speculation, but still interesting because my small one is absolutely ferocious since he emerged from the womb!!)

Nahri
February 8th, 2015, 06:58 PM
I personally think it's a mix of dominant genetics and of course your overall health to include what you eat. both pregnancies every single measurement was to the day or one day ahead. Over eating especially if you have gestational diabetes or more fattening choices will give you a larger baby. As will genetics.

Rosie85
February 8th, 2015, 07:58 PM
I measured 4 days behind with ds 3 so i dont think it means anything! You still have as good a chance as any!