View Full Version : Spicy's Boy Sway

SpicyTunaSushi
August 1st, 2011, 06:17 AM
Spicy's Boy Sway :diaper:

Name? SpicyTunaSushi

Gender Resulted - It's A GIRL!

Swaying attempt - Natural

CM pH - Not sure- but was about 6 and up a few days before O- never
checked EWCM. It had definitely changed from my natural ph (5)

DH PH - 7.5-8

Baking soda douche? no

Baking soda finger, how many times and for how long? 2x Day before BD

Baking Soda bath: no

Pre-seed, how and what was the pH? no

Egg whites pH and type? Pasteurized, 9-9.5

Big O? Yes 1x after with legs in the air.

Minerals DW

Calcium? Within Range
Magnesium? Higher than range- but tried to consume fruits, etc.
Potassium? Upper limit of range
Sodium? Upper limit of range

DH minerals? Same as me.

Diet

Duration of diet? 4.5 months strict diet- very few cheats

Dietary Changes? Red Meat 2x, 2200+ calories, Tomato Juice, Pineapple juice, potato chips, and fries/potatoes everyday. Bananas, Dates, tomatoes. Bread/pasta during 2ww, less so during follicular phase

Did you continue diet after attempt. If so for how long? Until BFP, switching to TW during 8-12 weeks of pregnancy. High fat cheese, milk, and meat/potatoes.

DH consume caffeine before attempt day? No.

DH consume caffeine 1/2 hour or an hour before BD? Yes, 1 hour before. Coffee

Hormones? Increased acne some months, lower temps (suggest hormonal). I cycled everyday (slow pace)- leg muscles increased.

Drinks? 1 large glass of Pineapple Juice, gelatin during follicular phase, 1 large glass of Tomato juice, occaisionally COT (though getting enough potassium). BSD 3x a day follicular phase. ACV in earlier stages of diet, gave up-didn't help with pH. Lemon water- 80-100 ounces/ day

Supplements

Evening Primrose Oil (EPO)? No
Robitussin/Guafanesin tablets? Yes. 3x/day 5 days before O, and one day after
Alka Seltzer Gold? No
Green Tea? No
Fertile-CM? no
False Unicorn? no
Vitamin E? 400 IU
Fish Oil? yes, 1000 mcg a day
Folic Acid? Yes, 2000-2400 mcg day
Flaxseed Oil? no
Potassium pills? No, got from diet
L-Arginine? no
Tribulus terrestris? no
Vitamin B12? Rice Crispies- fortified
Zinc? Yes, 25-50mg
Royal Jelly and Bee Pollen? Yes, RJ
Others?
Vit D- from Sun (outside everyday)

DH supps? Zinc, fish oil, CoQ10, Vitamin E, Folic Acid

Timing

Length of DH abstinence? 48 Hours
BD on O? No
How close to O? +/- about 24 hours
BD how often? Every Other Day. O was late by 12 hours or so. FF keeps switching my dates between CD13 and CD14- but felt O pains at 11pm CD13, and slight temp rise CD14
Charting O with Temp? Yes
Charting O with OPK? yes- usually get CD12 & CD13, didn't get until CD13,
non on CD14 (suspect O was late because surge was late)
Fertility monitor used? no
Suspected O date? CD 13

Ions

O in what moon phase? During Full Moon Stage
Changed ions in other ways? laptop on lap for several hours, in front of computer all day

How many kids do you have? 1

What gender(s)? girl

Number of months TTC? 3 But diet/supps for about 5 months prior

Your Age? 26

BD position? Doggie, DH said it was an amazing O.

EWCM present - how much? Yes for week before, 1 day before O- 3-4 inches, strong and a lot present on O day too.

DH type of undies? boxer briefs, in evenings free-balling under loose trousers, slept naked

Did you use instead cups - how long? no

DH use cold bath/shower or ice? Icing 30min/day 2x a day

OWT - anything under bed? No

Comments? I feel great- timing was not ideal, but I do think that I had at least a 1 day cutoff, at most 1.5 day cutoff. Diet went really well, nice strong BFP. Amazing EWCM (due to fish oil and diet). Never had ewcm with dd, diet was very different with dd (carbs and sugar, low nutrient). We maximized sperm count with every 48 hours. I looked at DH's swimmers under microscope at work (high power and expensive) and they looked very healthy, fast and straight swimming. He also works out and has lost some weight from diet.

Temps are a bit lower this cycle than others. I do not want to see a nub and obsess- I am still deciding whether we find out gender.

Thanks for your help! Hope this baby sticks! :pregnant:

jane
August 1st, 2011, 06:36 AM
:bluecheer:there has to be a boy in there,that's a great sway!welldone!

SpicyTunaSushi
August 1st, 2011, 06:49 AM
Thank you! Timing and all!?

Layla
August 1st, 2011, 07:17 AM
Fantastic sway Spicy. Congratulations! Can I ask what did you eat for breakfast and did you eat bananas every day? Also how did you make sure your potassium levels were high enough? Finally, did you use charts etc to measure how much calcium and potassium you had each day? Sorry if too many questions but your sway is so strong, I would love to know.

SpicyTunaSushi
August 1st, 2011, 07:30 AM
I had Rice Crispies with Rice milk for breakfast. I occasionally looked at fitday.com to see my levels. Getting enough potassium is so easy. Bananas (2x a day), Dates (morning snack), tomatoes with sandwiches (BLT), tomato juice (tall glass) (probably a key element), pineapple juice (tall glass), potatoes with dinner, apples every day! Sometimes, things like: canned chopped tomatoes with minced beef on top of potatoes for dinner

Really- just eat those things every day and you reach your levels. Thanks for letting me know I had a good sway! It feels average to me. I think meat is important at every meal (I didn't at breakfast). Hot dogs, ground beef, bacon (high in salt), etc.

I definitely wasn't perfect in terms of levels- but I didn't eat ANY DAIRY, beans, whole wheat products, etc.

Good luck!

It really is easy to get enough potassium.

Layla
August 1st, 2011, 07:36 AM
Thanks for replying sorry one more question when you say calcium was "within range" what is the range? I had a look at rice milk today and it does have a bit of calcium in it. Is that still within range? Ta

Cheekymoo
August 1st, 2011, 07:45 AM
congrats ! Your sway looks good fx you have a blue bean in there....:)

nuthinbutpink
August 1st, 2011, 07:48 AM
Congrats...thanks for posting...and good luck!

SpicyTunaSushi
August 1st, 2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks for replying sorry one more question when you say calcium was "within range" what is the range? I had a look at rice milk today and it does have a bit of calcium in it. Is that still within range? Ta

Which brand are you looking at? I have the one that DOESN'T have added calcium (organic). It is essentially rice and filtered water.

http://www.ricedream.co.uk/health-benefits-how-use

So, there is no more calcium than there is in Rice.

The range I was in was 200-400. I was towards the lower end (not that I am proud of that!). I would have liked to eat more green vegetables, but was already spending a fortune on food.

begonia
August 1st, 2011, 08:50 AM
YAY SPICY!!!!! So happy for you and your BFP! Your diet looks impeccable, and personally .. I am in the "screw timing" camp so would say don't fret a BIT about your timing as I think you did what you could to maximize his count, and that's the only thing that does have some support for swaying boy. Go team blue! Congrats!

SpicyTunaSushi
August 1st, 2011, 08:53 AM
Thanks! Can we start a 'screw timing' thread? I actually agree with you, thats why we didn't go for another try- didn't want to muddy the waters with another try.

begonia
August 1st, 2011, 09:05 AM
LOL! A "screw timing" thread would be great! We can post links to the various "timing" studies that all have crazy low participant numbers AND all contradict one another :bigsmile:

SpicyTunaSushi
August 1st, 2011, 09:07 AM
Not to mention, recruiting the girls form the TTC Pink, debunking timing. That would be amazing.

Layla
August 1st, 2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks again Spicy. I luv the screw timing idea. I have definitely decided to join that club when I attempt again in October.

gizmo77
August 1st, 2011, 11:06 AM
everythinglooks great!!! i am also impressed with the potassium and youre right once you get into the hang of things getting your potassium up is pretty easy. now im having a hard time weaning off magnesium (esply the nuts, etc). but ill be switching from nuts to meat (i only have nuts for snacks at this time and meats for main meals for protein) before 6 weeks PTA. congrats on the BFP!!!!

gizmo77
August 1st, 2011, 11:08 AM
I had Rice Crispies with Rice milk for breakfast. I occasionally looked at fitday.com to see my levels. Getting enough potassium is so easy. Bananas (2x a day), Dates (morning snack), tomatoes with sandwiches (BLT), tomato juice (tall glass) (probably a key element), pineapple juice (tall glass), potatoes with dinner, apples every day! Sometimes, things like: canned chopped tomatoes with minced beef on top of potatoes for dinner

Really- just eat those things every day and you reach your levels. Thanks for letting me know I had a good sway! It feels average to me. I think meat is important at every meal (I didn't at breakfast). Hot dogs, ground beef, bacon (high in salt), etc.

I definitely wasn't perfect in terms of levels- but I didn't eat ANY DAIRY, beans, whole wheat products, etc.

Good luck!

It really is easy to get enough potassium.

why no whole wheat products?
and why no beans im assuming magnesium?
how did you get your salt? just naturally or added t everything?

zanacal
August 1st, 2011, 01:21 PM
Congratulations and good luck :D

SpicyTunaSushi
August 2nd, 2011, 04:50 AM
why no whole wheat products?
and why no beans im assuming magnesium?
how did you get your salt? just naturally or added t everything?

Yea, Whole Wheat is high in magnesium, as well as beans. I didn't eat a lot of bread- I tried to limit myself to bread in a sandwich in the tww, and during AF-O, I ate more tomato salads.

I ate a whole bag of potato chips (well, shared between me and my husband) a day for salt. It is easy to eat a lot of chips! A lot of salt there- also added salt to tomato juice, BSD (pure sodium) AF-O. We had very salty french friends or potatoes everyday. It was a lot of salt- easy to get there in my opinion. I am sure there were days that I didn't do amazing, but it seemed like I was eating the same thing everyday.

SpicyTunaSushi
August 2nd, 2011, 04:54 AM
everythinglooks great!!! i am also impressed with the potassium and youre right once you get into the hang of things getting your potassium up is pretty easy. now im having a hard time weaning off magnesium (esply the nuts, etc). but ill be switching from nuts to meat (i only have nuts for snacks at this time and meats for main meals for protein) before 6 weeks PTA. congrats on the BFP!!!!

I do know that Atomic likes nuts- I didn't eat them though. Occasionally, I would lick the knife of peanut butter when making things for DD, but that was more for protein.

You really do have to eat meat in my opinion. Salt, Meat, and Fruit/Veg. Oddly, both my husband and I lost weight. My husband lost 15 pound (and he is not a big guy) and my weight stayed the same. I seriously ate a lot of food- and very fatty food. I really think sugar (which I love) and carbs (like bread, crackers, etc) make my weight fluctuate.

I am drinking whole milk now and cheese to get my calcium levels up to speed now that I have BFP, but really, I am still avoiding sweets- they are nutrient empty.

SpicyTunaSushi
August 2nd, 2011, 04:56 AM
Another tip for protein in between meals- Hard boiled eggs. They are easy to eat, you can cover them in salt, and you can take the yolk out and mix it in yogurt and give to your kids. Great nutrients for them, protein for you. I am now eating the whole egg obviously.

All I can say, is that my hormones regulated very quickly after breastfeeding and starting this diet. I had early O's and lots of ewcm. My body probably felt like it was getting nourished and obviously felt good enough to get a BFP. Stick with it girls!

LolaInLove
August 2nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Congrats again, Spicy! Looks great! I will join you in the screw timing thread, LOL! I think you have a great shot, though, nice work with the ew.

lightofmylife
August 2nd, 2011, 12:27 PM
Wow a perfect sway , congratss Spicy :)

gizmo77
August 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
Yea, Whole Wheat is high in magnesium, as well as beans. I didn't eat a lot of bread- I tried to limit myself to bread in a sandwich in the tww, and during AF-O, I ate more tomato salads.

I ate a whole bag of potato chips (well, shared between me and my husband) a day for salt. It is easy to eat a lot of chips! A lot of salt there- also added salt to tomato juice, BSD (pure sodium) AF-O. We had very salty french friends or potatoes everyday. It was a lot of salt- easy to get there in my opinion. I am sure there were days that I didn't do amazing, but it seemed like I was eating the same thing everyday.

wow! you must have a good metabolism tho. if i even look at bad carbs i gain 10lbs. since this diet ive already gained like 5-10lbs. and im JUST eating lots of meats, nuts, and fruits and vegies. and working out. i guess everyone body is diff. i guess im just done with caring about my weight and hope to get pg soon. or hopefully ill top off soon. the only bread i eat is also one slice per dayw ith PB, but i guess if im taking out nuts/pb ill get rid of that slice of bread. a bag of chips per day!!! i wish i could do that!!! im just so darn weight conscious, thats prob why its a task for me to prepare and eat, prepare and eat constantly

gizmo77
August 2nd, 2011, 02:46 PM
I do know that Atomic likes nuts- I didn't eat them though. Occasionally, I would lick the knife of peanut butter when making things for DD, but that was more for protein.

You really do have to eat meat in my opinion. Salt, Meat, and Fruit/Veg. Oddly, both my husband and I lost weight. My husband lost 15 pound (and he is not a big guy) and my weight stayed the same. I seriously ate a lot of food- and very fatty food. I really think sugar (which I love) and carbs (like bread, crackers, etc) make my weight fluctuate.

I am drinking whole milk now and cheese to get my calcium levels up to speed now that I have BFP, but really, I am still avoiding sweets- they are nutrient empty.

i kow that nuts are good. but i guess not only am i brainwashed by some of IG minerals, i also feel like since i wasnt eating a LOT Of nuts with my DDs, its not maybe something i want to add esply if there is some science out there that says high magnesium equals girls..altho i know its not true for everyone!

i have also cut out all bad carbs and sugars, except 1tsp of sugar on my weetabix, and the sugar in my 80% dark choc (not much in there). also tho PB. i guess i have to say that i have had a LOT of parties lately and indulged in breads, burgers, choc cakes, brownies, cupcakes, cookies..so ill blame that...im DONE with that NOW!!!

also i like what you said above about eating the same thing everyday. i do too and we were having a discussion on that in TTCgirls. i like eating the same thing everyday it helps with time and planning and i dont have to think but some boy moms were saying they ate a variety. but that is one thing i just cant do...i have kids and ahouse to take care of and cant constantly think about and drive off to the grocery store to buy new stuff. so thats the one thing i cant do in this diet :-( hope its not a make it or break it.

gizmo77
August 2nd, 2011, 02:48 PM
Another tip for protein in between meals- Hard boiled eggs. They are easy to eat, you can cover them in salt, and you can take the yolk out and mix it in yogurt and give to your kids. Great nutrients for them, protein for you. I am now eating the whole egg obviously.

All I can say, is that my hormones regulated very quickly after breastfeeding and starting this diet. I had early O's and lots of ewcm. My body probably felt like it was getting nourished and obviously felt good enough to get a BFP. Stick with it girls!

i do eat boiled eggs daily. it is easy. but can get old after a while! good idea about teh yolks in the yogurts for teh DDs if you care about calcium! so far ive been eating the yolks but may cut that too...so how many egg whites at at time then di dyou eat?

SpicyTunaSushi
August 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
wow! you must have a good metabolism tho. if i even look at bad carbs i gain 10lbs. since this diet ive already gained like 5-10lbs. and im JUST eating lots of meats, nuts, and fruits and vegies. and working out. i guess everyone body is diff. i guess im just done with caring about my weight and hope to get pg soon. or hopefully ill top off soon. the only bread i eat is also one slice per dayw ith PB, but i guess if im taking out nuts/pb ill get rid of that slice of bread. a bag of chips per day!!! i wish i could do that!!! im just so darn weight conscious, thats prob why its a task for me to prepare and eat, prepare and eat constantly

I know, I was surprised. I ate everything gross and fatty- bacon fat! Ugh! I guess my body really really likes sugar from sweets and such, because both DH and I lost weight. We ate crap. everyday.

Anyway, I don't know how I didn't gain weight- probably would give me a better sway but I ate everything!

And yes, if you eat the same thing everyday- you know what you are getting.

SpicyTunaSushi
August 3rd, 2011, 01:03 PM
i do eat boiled eggs daily. it is easy. but can get old after a while! good idea about teh yolks in the yogurts for teh DDs if you care about calcium! so far ive been eating the yolks but may cut that too...so how many egg whites at at time then di dyou eat?

I didn't eat them all the time, in fact not in a while, but I did eat them in the tww for this bfp to keep the 'blue' bean if in there, fed!

SpicyTunaSushi
August 3rd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Wow a perfect sway , congratss Spicy :)

You think so? I see some flaws in it. :)

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2011, 01:33 PM

There is a kind of rice milk that is unfortified that does not have calcium in it.

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2011, 01:38 PM
Beautiful job! Of course I would have loved to see some nuts in there, but that's me, always looking for nuts!:oops::rofl:'

SpicyTunaSushi
August 9th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I always licked the knife after spreading PB on my daughter's sandwich and thought of you!

SpicyTunaSushi
August 9th, 2011, 05:42 AM
Yep- mine was unfortified. Ingredients: rice, water.

atomic sagebrush
August 9th, 2011, 11:28 AM
I always licked the knife after spreading PB on my daughter's sandwich and thought of you!

Hahaha my husband would probably find this convo very hot! ;) :)

gizmo77
August 9th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Which brand are you looking at? I have the one that DOESN'T have added calcium (organic). It is essentially rice and filtered water.

http://www.ricedream.co.uk/health-benefits-how-use

So, there is no more calcium than there is in Rice.

The range I was in was 200-400. I was towards the lower end (not that I am proud of that!). I would have liked to eat more green vegetables, but was already spending a fortune on food.

i cant seem to find that no calcium rice milk here in the states...anyone have suggestions?

atomic sagebrush
August 13th, 2011, 11:06 AM
i cant seem to find that no calcium rice milk here in the states...anyone have suggestions?

In our local grocery stores, it is in the baking section for some reason. Right beside the sprinkles and frosting, there's a rack of things like cans of goat milk, rice milk, etc. that is not refrigerated, it's shelf-stable. There will be both the fortified and the unfortified kind there - the Rice Dream brand is usu the one that I have found unfortified.

gizmo77
August 14th, 2011, 11:01 AM
cant seem to find any unfortified rice milk...even in thehealth food section i got all kinds of milk but no non-fortified. the besty i found was coconut milk with 10% calcium.
ill try the baking section. thanks!

TTC5
August 15th, 2011, 02:55 AM
Congrats and job well done, can't wait to hear if you have a boy or girl!