PDA

View Full Version : Celeb babies

Sugaree
February 13th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I saw today that Liv Tyler welcomed her second son. I was surprised that the news made me tear up! I've always liked her and was kind of hoping she'd stay on team boy. Is that weird? Does anyone else react that way to celebrity baby news? Are there any celebs you feel a kinship to based on them being a boy mom or a girl mom? I'm not even that big of a celebrity news follower but I do like observing family makeup of most people I encounter, both irl and the news. I just can't help it.

trifecta
February 13th, 2015, 04:15 PM
I saw that, too, and felt the same way. There are so many examples of multi-sex families in popular culture that I relish it when they have all one sex. I was happy Shakira had her second boy, too. It's not that I begrudge anyone a girl if that's what they want but it's nice to see examples of glamorous women raising boys.

atomic sagebrush
February 14th, 2015, 03:17 PM
:agree: I was really happy when Natalie Portman had a boy and seemed to be very happy about it, also really happy for Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake because they seem so excited about having a little guy. Jared Padalecki has two boys and I think their family is really cute. I was really really happy when Sarah Michelle Gellar had her little boy Rocky even though she had a girl already.

I think I'm just generally happy when they seem happy about having boys.

Boom
February 15th, 2015, 03:05 AM
My first two kids were conceived a week before the Beckham's first two so I thought it was cool that we both had 2 boys. When she had Cruz I 'knew' that if I had a 3rd it would be a boy. It was. Then when I was pg with DS4, posh was pg with Harper. When we knew it was a girl, I was sad but I've convinced myself she went HT! Don't know why, but it made me feel better about my pattern not following hers!

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2015, 12:54 PM
I think she did too.

maidentomother
February 15th, 2015, 01:26 PM
I as well!

Pebbles&BamBam
February 15th, 2015, 10:34 PM
I would bet she did HT as well!

kitkat18
February 15th, 2015, 11:36 PM
I loved that Gwen Stefani had three boys she seems like such a cool boy mum! She really helped me through bad GD with DS2 by being a positive cool role model x

BrightSky
February 16th, 2015, 12:49 AM
Totally love gwen!! Also Kate Hudson and Megan fox! Icing on the cake would be if princess kate had a another little boy!!

kitkat18
February 16th, 2015, 01:00 AM
Totally agree about Kate M! X

1+2+3boys
February 17th, 2015, 04:06 AM
I too love Gwen Stefani and wish she had a had a girl. I know she would have really loved one. Though I am also glad she didn't because it is nice to see that just because you are rich, famous and beautiful does not garunetee you to get everything you ever wanted in life.

The Anchor
February 17th, 2015, 01:27 PM
I actually saw an interview a few months back, where the host asked her if she'd wished she'd had a girl. I was mortified, I couldn't believe such a question would be asked, but she honestly looked like it hadn't even occurred to her! Like she paused and said "oh...no...I love boys!"

atomic sagebrush
February 17th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Awww...(((hugs))) Gwen!

I saw Liev Screiber (Naomi Watts' husband, they have 2 boys) interviewed and they asked that too - like the "didn't you want a girl" type of qu that makes us all cringe and he was like, "well, if we could guarantee it's a girl, we'd have another, but we can't, so we aren't". :p

Determined
February 22nd, 2015, 03:35 AM
Yes love when friends n celebs are team blue