PDA

View Full Version : Twins?

2boysJustOneGirl
February 17th, 2015, 10:57 PM
I am just wondering if conceiving soon after a mc increases the likelihood of a twin pregnancy? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 18th, 2015, 12:55 PM
It might a little bit. Not enough to rely on.

bluebonnet22
February 18th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Are you asking because you are scared of twins? I do think my m/c caused my twins because they don't run in my family and I had zero other risk factors. That being said I wouldn't worry about twins, it's likely the same increased odds as conceiving quickly after coming off the pill (just a very slight increase). Good luck, I wouldn't worry. :)

2boysJustOneGirl
February 18th, 2015, 05:53 PM
I am less worried about twins and more hopeful I get them:)

bluebonnet22
February 18th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Fingers crossed for you then! :)

2boysJustOneGirl
February 19th, 2015, 09:03 AM
Must be the hormones! A month ago I would have never have thought I would say that[emoji12]

1+2+3boys
February 22nd, 2015, 03:18 AM
Congrats! I didn't know you were pregnant. Trying to cut down internet time greatly. Mine were conceived 4 months after a MC. Identical twins are not supposed to run in families but my biological grandmother is one so who knows, maybe it just has not been proven yet. That could have made mine more likely but I have heard of many twin Mums saying they had had a MC a few months before. Frat and ID ones

maidentomother
February 22nd, 2015, 07:56 AM
I am an ID twin and my mum has cousins who are ID twins. So I also wonder if it's genetic. We know frat twins are in our family, we have one set per every generation, 5 gens back.

I used to want twins, now I'm hoping I don't have them. But I have a very bad back. 2boys, I hope you get your wish!

maidentomother
February 22nd, 2015, 07:57 AM
I am an ID twin and my mum has cousins who are ID twins. So I also wonder if it's genetic. We know frat twins are in our family, we have one set per every generation, 5 gens back.

I used to want twins, now I'm hoping I don't have them. But I have a very bad back. 2boys, I hope you get your wish!

2boysJustOneGirl
February 22nd, 2015, 02:51 PM
Honestly I must have been very delusional the day I wrote this! I think all the other announcements of twins on here made me weak-for a moment! Twins would be such a handful and knowing my luck, I would get twin boys[emoji31]. I already have two- so no thanks! I intend to be more careful in what I wish for!

Plus there is no history of twins in either my husbands or my family, so I think the odds are pretty slim.

atomic sagebrush
February 22nd, 2015, 03:15 PM
:agree: also think ID twins are possibly genetic!

1+2+3boys
February 22nd, 2015, 07:24 PM
As Frat twins are more common I think it would be nice to think that you have two chances to get your DG. As I knew mine were prob ID I didn't get that luxury. I'm doing pretty well lately though. Mine will be 3 in a few months and I am enjoying my three lads so much lately. I really could not have asked for a more perfect bunch and am happy waiting a couple of years for my little girl for now. I'm feeling very in love and loved <3

2boysJustOneGirl
February 22nd, 2015, 08:17 PM
I am so happy for you 1+2+3boys! Glad to hear you sounding so content.

1+2+3boys
February 24th, 2015, 12:53 AM
Thanks. I am even having a couple of really shite days and feeling down but it is not triggering the GD like it used to. I am learning to seperate it from the rest of my life which makes me really happy. Instead I am learning immediate ways to deal with the problem at hand instead of moping. It is not easy, very hard work but worth it in the long run

2boysJustOneGirl
February 25th, 2015, 08:48 PM
I am so, so happy to hear this and I am also trying to get in that head frame. It's not easy, you are right, but in the end it's easier than wallowing.

1+2+3boys
February 27th, 2015, 04:18 AM
It is way harder to do when you are pregnant and busy with young children so don't be too hard on yourself! DS1 is 5 next month and twin DSs 2 and 3 are 3 in June and although life is still hard, it is WAY easier than before and having more time for myself helps too. I'm more happy all around and not grumpy from long term sleep deprivation. How many weeks are you and when is your first scan?

2boysJustOneGirl
February 27th, 2015, 09:02 AM
I am always very hard on myself- it's just my nature! I am 6 weeks today. I will be booked for an ultrasound late next week- I had a concerning episode the other day that mimicked my symptoms when I miscarried so my midwife drew an hcg level and it came back at 9928 at 5weeks +4. I will have a repeat today.
I would love to meet you someday 1+2+3. I think you have really made progress with your feelings and I am so glad to know it's possible. My boys are 3 and 16 months and i remember even 6 months ago how much harder it was- so it can only get easier. You prove it.

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2015, 11:58 AM
a 3 year old and 16 month old are just HARD going on the parenting front anyway. Please keep in mind you are in the very toughest phase of parenting in many ways right now and it is going to get easier over time.

2boysJustOneGirl
February 27th, 2015, 06:41 PM
Hcg 20,569 at 5 weeks 4 days [emoji4]

1+2+3boys
February 28th, 2015, 03:16 PM
THanks :) We live very far away but you never know. My partner loves Canada. He did a one year exchange at high school when he lived in Canada with a boy and went to his school and then the boy lived with him in Germany. All these years later they are still best friends.
When I was in the thick of my GD I thought I would feel like that the rest of my life and couldn't believe that others had moved on happily without their DG. I secretly thought sometimes that they must not have wanted her/him enough but I know that is not true and I think I could be in that place one day. I think it was just such a huge shock at first that took quite a while to lose the shock factor. I used to think moving on meant accepting never having a daughter but I think it is more accepting that life happens and you just haveto make yourself happy where possible. I know that if we are in the financial position for another child it would be just to fullfill my dream of a daughter and that we would only do HT.
I'd love to Blog to help others but part of my happiness is spending less time online so I need to do what is right for me for now but I might one day.

I am guessing those HCG levels are good :) I hope all is well and looking forward to seeing how your scan goes.