PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 and day 21 bloods.

twinkle
February 20th, 2015, 04:36 AM
I've had day 3 and day 21 bloods done and the day 21 came back no ovulation detected but that cycle ended up being a long 40 days so would have missed ov anyway. But are my fsh and lh results ok? I'm 40 and worried that the fsh is too low? I jabe read that below 3 is not normal and low fsh can indicate pcos but unsure if that's only if the lh is higher?

Tia for any insight on these results, so confused!

Day 3

Lh 1.1 iu/l
Fsh2.9 iu/l

Day 21

Prolactin 164 ml/l
Progesterone 1 nmol/l
Oestradiol 195 poml/l
Tst 0.83mul
Free t4 12.0 poml/l

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2015, 08:47 AM
2.9 is really low for FSH and at 40, that is extremely low- low FSH is not a bad thing but needs to be evaluated along with your estrogen level- did they do your estrogen level on day 3?? If your estrogen level is elevated on day 3, it will falsely lower your FSH....AMH would be a better indicator of ovarian reserve and knowing what your antral follicle count is would help too.

PCOS is indicated by a HIGH AMH....do you have cysts?

twinkle
February 20th, 2015, 09:47 AM
On day three they only did the lh and fsh. On the nhs I can't get the AMH test done but I am doing that private next week. I don't have cysts that I know of but haven't been checked. My drs have said that's fsh is normal but everything I'm reading online is saying between 3-10 is normal. I was expecting a fsh closer to the 10 tbh at 40. Once I get the results back from the AMH I will hopefully have a better picture. I'm hoping its in a normal range and not too high

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 20th, 2015, 11:09 AM
We'll know more when we get the AMH - can you update us then??

twinkle
February 20th, 2015, 12:28 PM
I will do for sure, I'm so worried, the nhs Dr has marked my blood results as normal but according to them anything under 10 is normal and I don't think have taken my age into account.

twinkle
February 20th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Also I've been reading that if it's pcos the lh is higher than the fsh, my lh is 1.1 so still lower

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Why are you randomly thinking you have PCOS?? Low FSH does not mean PCOS.

nuthinbutpink
February 20th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Do you have cysts? Failure to ovulate? High testosterone? A high AFC??

twinkle
February 20th, 2015, 04:27 PM
Only after reading online about a low fsh is one of the things they look for, it was just a concern as the fsh was so low considering my age I would have thought it would be higher. As I say I will be paying for the AMH next week and fx have the results by Friday

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2015, 01:20 PM
You know the old saying - "Worries will find you, don't go looking for them!"

Until we know more, don't start Googling anything!

twinkle
February 27th, 2015, 03:27 PM
Today I got the results from the AMH test. The results were low at 1.4 the lady was saying about its more to do with stimulation and that the fsh being 2.9 was reassuring. Is AMH just really to do with ivf rather than natural conception?
I'm totally at a loss now, I know low fertility is better than no fertility. After such a long ttc journey im just not sure what next. Thanks for any advice anyone may have.

nuthinbutpink
February 27th, 2015, 03:37 PM
I need to know what scale they used to know if the AMH is good or not.

nuthinbutpink
February 27th, 2015, 03:39 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ht-family-balancing-info-and-current-cycles/47385-amh-levels.html

twinkle
February 28th, 2015, 12:15 AM
I think it's the pmol, she said it was very low. I can't access the link you have posted in the above post.

From what I'm reading online the Amh is more to do with how I would react to stimulation, is that correct? The woman on them phone was saying that natural pregnancy is still very possible with good fertility tracking but if I needed ivf for example I wouldn't be a good candidate for stimulation. I. Still waiting for the report to be emailed to me, as I haven't received it yet I'm assuming it's going to be Monday now, but I'm sure she said pmol

nuthinbutpink
February 28th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Sorry. It's in the member forum.

European and Australian levels

Ovarian Fertility Potential pmol/L
Optimal Fertility 28.6 - 48.5
Satisfactory Fertility 15.7 - 28.6
Low Fertility 2.2 - 15.7
Very Low / undetectable 0.0 - 2.2
High Level > 48.5

Lots of us in HT have had poor pretesting and we are all fertile for the most part. A natural pregnancy is always possible if you are still ovulating. DHEA can help.

nuthinbutpink
February 28th, 2015, 07:19 AM
At 40, I do to think your levels are way out of line and I wouldn't worry too much about them because if everyone was trying to conceive at 40, most would have low AMH. It's just going to take time to find a good egg but if you're still ovulating, it should happen!

twinkle
February 28th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Thank you, I'm sure Ttc might still take some time, I've been waiting four years now so a few more months maybe that goal will be reached! The last bfp was 7 months ago so maybe soon another golden egg will be in sight!

nuthinbutpink
February 28th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Have you tried DHEA?

twinkle
February 28th, 2015, 01:58 PM
I have looked into it and cq10, I might have to give them a try and see if they mess with my cycles. My cycles seem to be quite sensitive to some of the supplements I've tried in the past. Thank you so much for your help.

Also as a side note, the AMH blood test I did was a finger prick test. You do the sample at home and send it via the post. It's all part of a company called duo fertility, the company who make a fertilty monitor.

nuthinbutpink
February 28th, 2015, 06:28 PM
Vitamin D3 too. Good luck.

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2015, 02:14 PM
I'd def do Vit. D and Coq10 for sure, DHEA prob. as well