PDA

View Full Version : If baby prefers one side over other would this prove sex majority of time?

monro84
February 20th, 2015, 04:54 PM
Or it is just a random occurrence?

Has there been any studies on this?

I know there are exceptions that can be switched or in the middle or even don't have a preference so switch from side to side alot but would this theory about one gender prefers one side more then the other be true for the higher percentage of women ?

I guess you could say it could correlate with the ramzi method.

Boy on right and girl on left.

But I am talking about later on maybe starting around 14 or 15 wks.
My son was always on my right and every time I went to get a Cervical check US or regular US he was head down on my right. My bump was lop sided too. Even after pregnancy my stomach was bigger on my right side. Oh and a 6 wks his placenta was on the right.

This one I can tell is on my left side today I am 17 wks been noticing since 14 or 15 wks. I can feel in the mornings when my bump is hard that its hard on the left side of my belly button in my lower abs. It's like I can feel a strip (I would assume uterus) that goes from pubic bone to my belly button and its more on the left. If I poke around on the right it's not as tight. The placenta of this one at 6 wks was on the top of my uterus in the mid but more to the left.
Won't find out for a few more weeks.

I guess I won't be lopsided any more. lol.

3BoysBlessed
February 20th, 2015, 11:06 PM
All of mine have favored my right side. I Have three boys (plus an angel boy who also favored right) and now a girl who also is on the right. I'm I in week 22 now and she's really pushing on that side. I feel lopsided during every pregnancy lol. It just depends on your body and uterus shape, I suppose, but maybe it's sign for you! I heard that heartburn differences meant different gender, as I had it so bad from week 1 with all of my boys but none with this one. Some have no heartburn with boys, do with girls while some have it for all of them. Turned out to be a true OWT for me, so you never know...maybe this one is going to be the difference that is a clue for you! Fingers crossed for you!

Nahri
February 20th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Mine seem to go which ever way I am laying. If Im laying on my left all the kicks are low to the left. On my back or standing up its in the middle and all over. Right side laying all the kicks are to the right.

Lenhu816
February 20th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Opposites for me. My dd loved the right side. Ds loves the left side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2015, 12:00 PM
No, it does not seem to make any difference at all and I have both my own experiences with boys and girl every which way and also my experience with tons of gals obsessing over that to say that with 100% certainty.

atomic sagebrush
February 21st, 2015, 12:03 PM
Mine seem to go which ever way I am laying. If Im laying on my left all the kicks are low to the left. On my back or standing up its in the middle and all over. Right side laying all the kicks are to the right.

Exactly! When they're little they can flip flop all over the place and then when they're bigger, they are more limited but that has nothing to do with Ramzi, it's just whatever position you're laying in and also wherever they were when they grew large enough to get "stuck."

monro84
February 23rd, 2015, 04:30 PM
Oh that heart burn is interesting. I am trying to find posts now to see if I posted anything about heart burn this early last time lol. I do remember I had bad heart burn with him later on in the pregnancy and he was born with a good bit of hair.

I also thought about the shape of your uterus cause I had a partial septate resection back in 2011 before I had my son and wondered if that was the reason he never moved to my left side after 15 or 18 wks. I was told it was a sucess but I guess its possible he might had left some but maybe not enough to consider?

monro84
February 23rd, 2015, 04:46 PM

I would have thought that's the way it worked with all of them but I guess he had determination cause he stayed in that one spot from 15 or so weeks on lol.

This one it is so weird i would think laying down my bump with be kinda flat still cause it still kinda was with him maybe leaned a little to the left by now but I layed down last night on the floor of my den playing with my son and it was like the right side was flat but the left side was like 2 inches taller lol. That was crazy.

atomic sagebrush
February 24th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Personally I do not believe heartburn operates by gender either. I had horrible heartburn with all my pregnancies. My mom had no heartburn with any of hhers. I know a lady with all girls who had horrible heartburn. I would not read ANYTHING into symptoms and gender. Even IF there is something to it, it is impossible to see except in retrospect.