PDA

View Full Version : hsg-tubes flushed

princessap
August 2nd, 2011, 10:21 AM
I am booked to have my tubes flushed later this month. I have read the best time to have it done is cd8-10. With my oB schedule it is booked on cd 24. is that too late? when have others had it done?
i have heard it can improve chances of conceiving. here is hoping!

michaela
August 2nd, 2011, 10:42 AM
That is definitely to late and the reason they don't do it at that time is in case you are pregnant they could flush the pregnancy right out of there. They want you to do it before you ovulate but after mensus for that very reason. I would reschedule and TTC with that cycle as lots of people get pregnant after the HSG is performed.

Good luck!

princessap
August 2nd, 2011, 10:53 AM
I was told to abstain this month to make sure I am not pregnant. Is that the only reason they want to do it early? or is there more reasons behind the timing of it?

nuthinbutpink
August 2nd, 2011, 11:37 AM
It seems like doing it right before O would help clear the way but I really don't know about the recommended timing.

LolaInLove
August 2nd, 2011, 11:42 AM
Well, I guess if they know you will be CD24, they know what they are doing. And probably why they told you to prevent pregnancy. And yes, LOTS of women have excellent luck and conceive immediately! My cousin, who ttc for 12 YEARS finally had that done and bam, pregnant the next cycle (she was 41). Good luck, princess! Been thinking about ya!!!!

michaela
August 2nd, 2011, 03:23 PM
I was told to abstain this month to make sure I am not pregnant. Is that the only reason they want to do it early? or is there more reasons behind the timing of it?Yes it is about the timing but I would still have it done at the beginning of the cycle if you can because the chance of conceiving the month you do an HSG is higher it seems. If not no biggie just leave it at the date you have and make sure you don't have sex before to avoid pregnancy.

begonia
August 2nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
Just popping in to say good to see you Princess; been thinking about you and am happy to hear you've got some steps in motion on this. FX the clearing does the trick for you; I too have heard great things about it. Keep us posted!

LolaInLove
August 4th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Yes it is about the timing but I would still have it done at the beginning of the cycle if you can because the chance of conceiving the month you do an HSG is higher it seems. If not no biggie just leave it at the date you have and make sure you don't have sex before to avoid pregnancy.

Excellent advice! I would plan to ttc like a madwoman right away.

princessap
August 5th, 2011, 12:58 PM
thanks everyone! I had to leave it when it was so will prevent pregnancy until then and then ttc right away after. Hoping it helps!

Thanks Begonia and Lola...how r u girls doing?

LolaInLove
August 8th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Eh, I got another bfn today at 10dpo on my 1st Clomid cycle. So, still at it. When is your HSG? I will be PRAYING for ya, lady!