PDA

View Full Version : In-gender experience

Ugee
February 25th, 2015, 03:02 PM
Hey everyone,

So I went to the other side so to speak on in-gender to post ultrasound pics on the prediction forum. Everyone is very friendly as are everyone here. My shock tho was the amount of women saying they have swayed and it's the shettles method!!! Now they could be women just like me posting on there without knowing in-gender background or their sway ideas but we hardly ever hear of ladies talking about their sway here and that it being the shettles method so I can only assume they do have it and the timing as part of their big sway plan? I just feel sad that these ladies whom like myself are desperate for a desired gender putting all their hopes on a method that doesn't work. My main point to this post is that Im So grateful I stumbled onto this site by pure chance and had the amazing atomic and team to help show me a genuine way to try and sway! If nothing else I gave myself a real chance to get my baby girl and will never feel regret for any of it.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2015, 03:11 PM
Let me just say that I loved InGender back when I was on there and they really do want to help people.

BUT, yes, Shettles and O+12 timing stuff is a big part of their sways. For (understandable) reasons their approach was NOT "let's play with this to see what really works" but instead "let's do every gosh darn thing anyone ever came up with no matter how cray-cray it is" and so they include all these things as mandatory and are very negative about it when anyone decides to deviate from the "kitchen sink" approach and can be very harsh on people who get opposites, unfortunately.

The thing that gets to me is that I saw SO many people end up with NO baby at all because they carried on for so long doing things that don't even sway and really cut odds of conception to nothing. I was swaying with tons of gals in their late 30's who insisted on timing and never got pregnant (both pink and blue BTW) This went on for years and no one questioning whether that was a wise approach or not. Some of them sadly still don't have babies and that is a bum steer, IMO.

Thanks for your kind words, we're gonna keep doing what we do here and hopefully over the course of time maybe Dr. Shettles will retire and move to Boca.

atomic sagebrush
February 25th, 2015, 03:25 PM
And really we owe all this to the beautiful and talented nuthinbutpink who made the site to begin with and works really hard to keep it all functional for us. THANK YOU!!! :heart:

Ugee
February 25th, 2015, 03:26 PM
That is so sad about the ladies who have had no babies at all from their swaying as every month TTC feels so hard anyway. I bet you ended up shouting at your computer when reading other sways!? I found myself going "oh no you poor thing, that's a flawed sway right there" to myself quite a lot. Just sad.

Still on the upside, gender dreaming is the holy grail of swaying and the research you and nothingbutpink have done and effort you both have put in is remarkable so thank you from me :)

SweetLily
February 25th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I came from IG when you guys started this forum, and while the ladies on IG ARE super sweet, I agree with the kitchen sink and the nastiness that came out. I can't stand internet hostility. I was on WTE when pregnant with last DS, and had so many problems with my pregnancy that someone said I had to be an IMPOSTER who wasn't truly pregnant (one girl was 'found out' as such right before) and my whole due date club turned on me! It was sheer evil, especially to a bedridden pregnant girl who was alone in a new place with no friends and no hope of ever making one CAUSE I WAS STUCK IN BED! I found IG to have those tendencies, and this is a much softer place to land, and much more reasonable about advice handed out. I think you girls are doing a great job of inspiring people and leading them with a kind hand and smart advice. I don't know how you keep the nastiness at bay, but whatever you do its working. I may not post a lot but at times I lurk, and I have not seen any snipiness here at all. Well done!

luckyfourleafclover
February 25th, 2015, 03:31 PM
And really we owe all this to the beautiful and talented nuthinbutpink who made the site to begin with and works really hard to keep it all functional for us. THANK YOU!!! :heart:

here here!

nuthinbutpink
February 25th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Thanks! Trying my best! Working on a new chat support feature at the bottom right to help new users!

Adia
February 25th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I'm glad others had positive experiences on IG. It was helpful and supportive when I first joined in 2008. I got to know lots of familiar 'faces', Atomic, Hopingforalilly, Lilleth, and the sweet CoochieCoo...but things took a turn for the worst after a while and I found the environment very mean and exclusive. The eternal technical problems just made it not worth it anymore.

I am so grateful to Gender Dreaming for what the site is, how the moderators patrol and the overall atmosphere, and of course, the fact that my sway worked!

I have to admit it is SO much easier to spread the word about GD in real life now that I have proof that sways can work!!!

mommymachine
February 25th, 2015, 04:33 PM
I'm glad others had positive experiences on IG. It was helpful and supportive when I first joined in 2008. I got to know lots of familiar 'faces', Atomic, Hopingforalilly, Lilleth, and the sweet CoochieCoo...but things took a turn for the worst after a while and I found the environment very mean and exclusive. The eternal technical problems just made it not worth it anymore.

I am so grateful to Gender Dreaming for what the site is, how the moderators patrol and the overall atmosphere, and of course, the fact that my sway worked!

I have to admit it is SO much easier to spread the word about GD in real life now that I have proof that sways can work!!!

I agree completely!