PDA

View Full Version : OOPS....BFP

aussiesmiler
February 27th, 2015, 07:31 PM
So, as you can see I am pregnant and this was a big OOPS! I have only just come to terms with the shock of it all because this was not part of our plan. In fact the first thing DH said to me was 'don't you need to have sex to have a baby'! Because we were certainly NOT trying and in the month of December we only DTD once, yes poor DH but it was such a busy month and with 2 small children I just wasn't in the mood and also DH was working long hours before his Christmas break so it really was a 2 way street. THE most ironic part of all of this is that I had a $200 appointment with an amazing IVF Dr here in Melbourne and as I was sitting in front of him with my pretesting scripts being written I was already 2 days pregnant! How's that for irony ladies!!

Anyway, I have cried and felt many emotions because we really didn't want 3 children but I convinced DH to have 1 more and his proviso was yes but only if we go HT to ensure I get my girl, because as much as he would love a daughter he was very content with our family of 4. I think it's another boy although I was doing things very, very differently to when I conceived my boys but some of them this time were even more boy friendly than ever before because I was taking all the recommended vitamins by Lori/Dr P. I was, however, thanks to Atomic, skipping breakfast, not snacking ever and only eating 2 meals a day because I wanted to see if I could do the LE diet if my pretesting was unfavorable. There are other things but I will leave it here for now....it is in the hands of God but somehow I think DH will be installing a urinal!!

kitkat18
February 27th, 2015, 07:35 PM
Congrats aussiesmiler! I know its not the exact result you were after but maybe it will be your little lady and you will have just saved thousands of dollars! Crossing everything for you that it is, so many oopsies end up being girls and sounds like you were girl swaying XX

aussiesmiler
February 27th, 2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks so much kitkat! Please keep everything crossed for me XX I think I'm going to need it! But yes there is the chance I have saved us thousands of dollars!! Upon thousands.....

I know a few people who have told me their DD was an oops baby including my Grandma and Nanna who both had oops girls. I am 12.5 weeks pregnant and have my scan next week (first time DH could get home early enough for an appointment) so I will definitely post a pic for nub guesses.

kitkat18
February 27th, 2015, 08:31 PM
Please do Aussie! I will be sure to guess for you X

lovemy2blessings
February 28th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Congrats, hope you have a dd!

True Blue
February 28th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Congratulations :) let's hope your dietary changes, ooopsie conception and conceiving with a young baby all sway in your favour :fx:

sc1411
February 28th, 2015, 05:30 PM
Congratulations :fx:

P.S. My first DD was an oops baby:)

aussiesmiler
February 28th, 2015, 06:04 PM
Congratulations :) let's hope your dietary changes, ooopsie conception and conceiving with a young baby all sway in your favour :fx:

Thank you True Blue! Having such a young baby was my second biggest concern because we were booked in for ER at HRC for the end of May when DS2 would be just 1 and having 2 babies so close together is going tp be exhausting.....but I won't be the only person to do it so I'm sure I will survive :-))

foxymrsg
February 28th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Massive congrats! I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed this is your girl! Looking forward to nubcessing with you next week! GL for your scan!

Girlfriend
March 2nd, 2015, 05:18 AM
Thank you True Blue! Having such a young baby was my second biggest concern because we were booked in for ER at HRC for the end of May when DS2 would be just 1 and having 2 babies so close together is going tp be exhausting.....but I won't be the only person to do it so I'm sure I will survive :-))

Good luck Hun, I hope its your DD

2lovelyboys
March 2nd, 2015, 05:31 AM
Congratulations and I have fx for u x

Alias83
March 2nd, 2015, 05:50 AM
Congrats and good luck for your scan! xx

atomic sagebrush
March 2nd, 2015, 09:07 AM
huge congrats and pink dust!! fXFXFX!

The Anchor
March 2nd, 2015, 12:30 PM
OMG wouldn't it be awesome if it was your girl? One attempt sounds good! GL and FX!!!

aussiesmiler
March 2nd, 2015, 05:25 PM
Thank you so much ladies XX Your well wishes are making me feel better. My scan is tomorrow at 4pm so I will post nub pictures as soon as I can.

I won't do a TTC sticky now, because we weren't, but I thought I would share a few of the noticeable differences in this conception just on the very slim chance it happens to be our DD. Although all symptoms are pointing to boy apart from my CRAZY sense of smell!! Not that I think that means girl I've just never experienced this before. I feel like a superhero with my power being to sniff anything out miles away!! There isn't a person who walks past me that I couldn't tell you what perfume/deodorant or lack of they have on and that's just not me.

Here goes;

: DS1 & 2 were conceived with many attempts all with the intention to get pregnant. This was 1 attempt for all of December and in fact up until I clicked that it had been a long time since AF so only took a pregnancy test 10 January! DH pulled out and this was a method we have successfully used for years whenever we thought we were in a safe zone of the month. Will NOT be doing this ever again!!
: I was skipping breakfast and only eating 2 meals a day although I never counted calories/fat/protein I doubt I would have gone over 1500 calories a day. With DS's I was eating and snacking all the time although my weight has always remained the same, my side of the family are all slight builds
: DH was onboard with HT so we had modified our diet, mostly for my egg quality, but he was very happy to cut out red meat and we were eating vegetarian meals roughly 3 times a week for evening meals
: DH took religiously and I mean never missed a day for 9weeks OLE, 1000mg's Vit C and a men's multi vitamin something he had never ever done before
: I was taking a pregnancy prenatal, 600mg's of CoQ10, 400mg's of DHA Plant Omega-3 and 5mg's of Myonositol (this was not recommended by DR P this was because I heard it was a great natural alternative to anti depressants and whilst I've never been depressed before I was feeling low about everything - doing HT and it not working and spending all that money, taking 2 small children half way across the world on a 14hr flight!!! And just the thought I would never have a daughter.....I never took any vitamins with DS's until I got my BFP. Still, the amount of vitamins I was taking makes me certain this is a boy

That about sums up this conception. Now to wait. Boy Or girl this baby desperately wanted to be a part of our family so welcome home soon little one FX

kitkat18
March 2nd, 2015, 09:07 PM
Crossing everything for you honey XX

1+2+3boys
March 2nd, 2015, 11:11 PM
Wow congrats. Sounds like there were some changes when this one was conceived in comparison to your first two. Hopefully that is enough! Goodluck and I hope it is your daughter

Grace
March 3rd, 2015, 01:19 AM
Good luck !!!

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 06:49 PM
So, I had my scan yesterday and I was measuring 13wks3days and the place I went to does the scans in 2,3 and 4D and the Dr can guess with 90% accuracy (if the bits are seen of course) at 12.5wks and I asked if he could see and he said in my case he could tell with 100% accuracy because everything was visible (I have an awesome potty shot I can't load for some reason....very frustrating) and then he asked what I already have and when I said 2 boys he just nodded and said I have to take more measurements and I will come back and have another look at the sex because I want to keep you waiting! Then when he was back looking at the sex he said I will type it on the screen so you can print have the photo with the sex and.......it's a GIRL!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes and I said are you certain and he said he would never write the sex on the screen unless he is 100% certain! Words can not describe my happiness :-))))) Plus it was so obvious it was a girl even to my untrained eye!

I want to say a MASSIVE thank you to Atomic, the Gender Dreaming site and all the wonderful ladies who have the courage and tenacity to do everything and anything to make their dreams, whatever they are, come true. You all have my utmost respect and I want to thank you for wishing me well and also sharing your journeys. I found so much inspiration in the HT section and I will continue to send all my well wishes your way.

I'm not sure exactly what 'worked' for us but I do believe that the 1 attempt and my dietary changes were the key factors, Atomic, you ROCK!!

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2015, 06:53 PM
Congrats but were you really on 400mg of DHEA? Daily?

TaytumJ
March 4th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Wow!! That's so exciting!! So happy for you and your complete little family! She really is a miracle baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kitkat18
March 4th, 2015, 07:10 PM
Awesome news honey I am soooo happy for you XXX

Mumof3girls
March 4th, 2015, 07:22 PM
I am so happy for you. Now you can spend that $20,000 you saved & buys her lots of new things.

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 08:04 PM
Congrats but were you really on 400mg of DHEA? Daily?

NO!! Serious baby brain I have! Thanks so much for picking that up NBP. It was 400mg of DHA Plant Omega 3. What a faux par!! I will edit that immediately!

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 08:07 PM
I am so happy for you. Now you can spend that $20,000 you saved & buys her lots of new things.

Thanks so much Mumof3girls! Wow when you put it like that it's a lot of money isn't it......but worth every penny of course :-))

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Awesome news honey I am soooo happy for you XXX

Thanks so much kitkat xx Still can't believe it but Dr said he was 100% certain and to go buy pink! I had a little look last night but for some reason I couldn't stop looking at the boy clothes thinking oh DS2 would look so cute in that and then I had to stop myself and get back to looking at girl clothes. Very strange feeling.....but awesome at the same time :-))

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=TaytumJ;688616]Wow!! That's so exciting!! So happy for you and your complete little family! She really is a miracle baby!

Thank you TaytumJ, you made me nearly cry calling her my miracle baby! It really feels like she is!!

sc1411
March 4th, 2015, 08:21 PM
What a great news! Congratulations!!!

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 08:23 PM
What a great news! Congratulations!!!

Awww thank you!! Love your blue elephant pic :-))

essnce629
March 4th, 2015, 08:54 PM
WooHoo, awesome news!!! Congrats!!!

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 09:06 PM
WooHoo, awesome news!!! Congrats!!!

Thank you Essnce :-)) Still think I'll find it hard after 2 boys to shop in the girls department lol!

pinkin2011
March 4th, 2015, 09:34 PM
Wow!!!! Congratulations xoxo.

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Wow!!!! Congratulations xoxo.

Thank you pinkin! Xxx I have been thinking of you and hope all is going great with your sway x

pinkin2011
March 4th, 2015, 10:31 PM
I am starting to diet in may I hope to start ttc in july!!

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 10:42 PM
I am starting to diet in may I hope to start ttc in july!!

Fantastic. I have everything crossed for you! I would say I changed my diet of skipping breakfast and not snacking for about 10 weeks. I look forward hearing your BFP!!

1+2+3boys
March 4th, 2015, 11:14 PM
OMG that's amazing! Another HT person who accidently got pregnant and then got their DG. I'm jealous but very happy for you too! It is so great that you got to find out so soon too and in such a cool way :) Many congratulations to you!

aussiesmiler
March 4th, 2015, 11:33 PM
OMG that's amazing! Another HT person who accidently got pregnant and then got their DG. I'm jealous but very happy for you too! It is so great that you got to find out so soon too and in such a cool way :) Many congratulations to you!

Thank you sp much 1+2+3!! Honestly, I would never have had the courage to try naturally but I really believe after thinking of my 3 conceptions (certainly never changed a single thing for my DS's) that swaying works! Of course HT is a guarantee and that's the reason we were already on that road but swaying is certainly worth thinking about. I'm 'clearly' no expert but I have found it really interesting to sit down and think about the differences in my conceptions and the outcomes really do fit with exactly what Atomic recommends. This site, Atomic and NBP are Gifts from above!

Pbn3
March 4th, 2015, 11:52 PM
Hi Aussiesmiler and a huge congratulations on news of your girl! You must be beside yourself with excitement! So happy for you as our stories were so familiar when I joined last year. Wishing you all the best. It's so encouraging to see so many successful sways even the oops ones!

kitkat18
March 5th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Aussiesmiler I'm due in 4 weeks and still gravitate towards baby boy clothes its like we don't know how to shop on the other side of the store!! I'm sure we will learn!! Soooo happy for you XX

aussiesmiler
March 5th, 2015, 12:51 AM
Hi Aussiesmiler and a huge congratulations on news of your girl! You must be beside yourself with excitement! So happy for you as our stories were so familiar when I joined last year. Wishing you all the best. It's so encouraging to see so many successful sways even the oops ones!

Thanks Pbn3! yes very excited and that's so good to hear our stories are similar :-)) There are so many successful sways at the moment aren't there, including those of us who had an oops!!

aussiesmiler
March 5th, 2015, 12:55 AM
Aussiesmiler I'm due in 4 weeks and still gravitate towards baby boy clothes its like we don't know how to shop on the other side of the store!! I'm sure we will learn!! Soooo happy for you XX

That is sooooooo funny Kitkat because that's exactly how I think I'll be rightup until delivery! I actually don't even look that way and not because it would make me sad just because, well, what's the point?! Yay now we can!!!

4 weeks - oh that's super exciting. Can't wait to hear all about the safe arrival of your precious girl XX

kitkat18
March 5th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Sometimes I feel guilty touching girls clothes ! Silly cause now I have a reason too, thanks Aussie! I can't wait to meet her and start believing it !! Xxx

Mumof3girls
March 5th, 2015, 01:40 AM
I felt the same way I kept looking at girls clothes & when I look at boys clothes I feel like I will be kicked out of that department & I feel awkward.

aussiesmiler
March 5th, 2015, 01:45 AM
I felt the same way I kept looking at girls clothes & when I look at boys clothes I feel like I will be kicked out of that department & I feel awkward.

I am actually laughing out loud!! Because that's how I felt looking at clothes online last night, like I really was doing something sinister and wrong! I'm looking forward to that feeling subsiding :-)))

aussiesmiler
March 5th, 2015, 08:27 PM
I have just received my Panorama results (I think Harmony is better? but I didn't know you could have that done here until last week) and most importantly all is good and they confirmed it's a girl!! Definitely feeling like it's no longer just a dream! But now I don't get Dr C's house that he promised me if he was wrong because he said there was no chance he was :-)

I will now move over to the Due Date group and thank you again so much ladies for all your well wishes :-)) They were much appreciated!

The Anchor
March 6th, 2015, 02:56 PM
OMG! Woot woot!!! MASSIVE CONGRATS!!!

aussiesmiler
March 6th, 2015, 08:07 PM
OMG! Woot woot!!! MASSIVE CONGRATS!!!

Thank you so MUCH Anchor!!! Super excited altho it's still sinking in. Yay!!!!!

True Blue
March 7th, 2015, 04:09 AM
aussiesmiler !!! Yaaaaay :D that's just fantastic - so happy for you!! Congratulations :)

aussiesmiler
March 7th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Thanks so much True Blue!!!