PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk names....

Princess of Pink
August 3rd, 2011, 05:20 AM
Well ladies...seeing as we don't know each other IRL and we don't have to live with a friend who stole our babies names...lets share!! What is your dream gender name...what will you call your baby if you have a failed sway??

If we had a boy with DD#1 he was going to be named Tyson Shane. (Shane after DH's brother who died when he was 10).
With DD#2 I just knew she was going to be a girl and we never picked a boy name!
With DD#3 he was going to be Kai Shane.
With DD#4 & DD#5 he was going to be Rome Owen (Initials R.O.C. which DH thought was cool! Men!)

My DD's names are:
Tiarni Jayde
Lexus Maree
Kyra Shayne
Paris Sierra
Sumer Rayne

If we have another girl I am leaning towards... Harlow Jayne

DH's name is Jason but everyone calls him Jay...which is why DD#1's middle name is spelt Jayde...and #6 would be spelt Jayne.

I do also like Charlee for a girl....so who knows?? hehehehehe

Now for the first time in my life I don't have a single boy name picked!! I don't mind Bentley...but not sold on it. I do like Rome Owen...but again not sure if I want to recycle a name from the past??? I am swaying between little old men names and funky modern names. But hell...it's not like I will need to think about it cause I'm a girl making factory!!! :giggle:

atomic sagebrush
August 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Oh your daughter's names are lovely!!

I swear I have gone through so many girl names it's ridiculous!!!

DS 1 was going to be Emma or Elizabeth (I just "knew" he was a boy so we never really decided)
DS 2 was going to be Clarissa
DS 3 was going to be Ivy or Juniper if DH would have agreed - if he wouldn't, then Violet (he likes more common names)
DS 4 was going to be Barrett after my stepmother

ELP
August 6th, 2011, 05:07 PM
If we get a girl next her name will be Emma Lauren, its the only 2 remainig girls names of all mums, nans and sisters which we haven't used lol!

And a boy will be David, I think? DH names the boys and me the girls. Tbh I don't like the name David, I think its unlucky for some reason:(

zanacal
August 6th, 2011, 05:18 PM
I can barely bring myself to say the girl's name I like because I was so convinced DS3 would be 'her' that I felt as though she existed and in a weird way I still do - but at the same time I'm frightened to think that way because there's a very good chance she'll always be a figment of my imagination! Anyhow, it's Phoebe.

Our boys have fairly unusual names - actually, we don't think so but others do! They're all quite 'old' names and 2 of them are biblical but I guess they're not the really common ones. I asked DH recently what on earth we'd call another boy as we ran out of ideas for DS3 and he came straight out with Joshua. I actually really like it and it goes well with the other names!

XXdreaming
August 6th, 2011, 10:34 PM
I have an isaiah, jeremiah, abraham and samuel, the girls name was annabelle ruth for ds2, ds3 and ds4 then we were done and now were not lol and I thought long and hard and figured it would be the grace of God if we had a girl so I think her name should be grace and besides it fits better with all my biblical names anyways lol oh and if its another boy it will be isaac, I really want israel but dh doesn't like it

Princess of Pink
August 6th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I am really funny with my kids names...I don't want two kids to share the same initials, so I can't use T,L,K,P or S names again!! Has cut out a few names I really like which sucks...but there are so many other letters I can choose from. OT but along the same lines...I also don't want 2 kids to share the same month of birth either if I can help it lol.....yes I am a bit weird!!!

Belle
August 6th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Princess of pink lmao I'm exactly the same. I can't use C and J initials anymore and I don't want my kids sharing the same birthday months either. I have to get pregnant this month and next then stop for a month then try again for two months. Zanacal I feel the same with our girl name Alyssa was meant to be ds1 and ds2 and now we don't want it anymore because I feel like she came and is gone.

Princess of Pink
August 7th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Thats too funny Belle!! I am starting to TTC in Nov (Aug baby)...then I only have Dec (Sept baby) and Jan (Oct baby) then I have to have 2 months off to avoid Nov and Dec babies...try for one month (Jan baby) then take the next month off to avoid Feb...I can try again for a March baby...but then have to take the next 2 months off!!! It's all so confusing!! Lets hope I get a BFP in the first 3 months or I will go insane!

Zivic-Bubac
August 7th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Sumer Rayne is so beautiful! :awe: I love it! If English was my 1st language, I would steel the name for sure :rofl:

With DD1 'he' was going to be Stefan
With DD2 - I knew she was my baby girl, so she is Marta like I planned for her :bigsmile:
In the meantime, I gave up on name Stefan, so my next baby will be Eva or if it's meant to be a boy ( which I don't think will happen lol) he'll be named after DH's great grandfather - ethnic name and super rare which is kinda important to me :wink:

KnockYourBallsOff
August 8th, 2011, 11:17 PM
If I get a girl or more in the future..the ones in the running are:

Annabeth
Libby
Rachel

:))))

Hollie86
August 25th, 2011, 11:50 AM
well ive had a dd name picked for over four years now and would still be using it if we ever did have a dd!
DS1, We liked, Ebony, Jessica or Bethany but never decided because i was so certain he was a boy which obviously he was!
DS2, we still liked Bethany, but then at the same time i found DS2's name i found my girl name and that has remained the same ever since, she would be called Darcie.

As for not having the same initials, all my boys 1st names all begin with the same letter and ds2 &3 also have the same middle initial (but different middle names)
My boys are called, Damien, Dexter, Daniel, and Dominic.
originally they didnt intentionally start out to have the same initials, i just loved the names Damien and Dexter, but when we had ds3, i had promised my dh he would be the last so we thought he'd feel left out with a different initial lol! then i persuaded dh to have ds4, again, hes meant to be the last so we couldnt leave him out either! now he really has to be the last (or at least the last boy lol) as weve run out D names we both like!:think:

LolaInLove
August 25th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I love all of those names! And ELP, David is not unlucky! It's a very solid name, for sure.

I have no idea what I'd ever name a boy, but if a girl, I want a Violet (so funny, AS, that has been a fave of mine forever and goes with my girls' old fashioned names).

DoulaMama
August 25th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I would have a Violet too!! I absolutely love the name! Its funny cause both Violet and Darcy are on my girls list. I had another girl name picked for Ds1- Sophia Rose. And then for DS2 and 3 it was Rhoslyn Lilly. I still LOVE the name but I feel like it's been used already in some weird way. So anyhow, if it's a boy....omg. It should be easy to be honest...I like the name and it goes really well with my other boys- Jamieson. All of my kids have "son" names. I plan on deleting this later but here goes....Grayson, Hudson, Harrison:) LOL Can't leave the last one out!

zanacal
August 26th, 2011, 03:29 AM
You definitely need another -son name to match the other 3 DM! Jamieson is lovely. DH has a relative who is Jenson!

Princess of Pink
August 26th, 2011, 04:15 AM
DM I really like Hudson!!!

DoulaMama
August 31st, 2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks Girls:) After boy #4 I cannot have any more boys....there isn't any other -son name that I like!

zanacal
August 31st, 2011, 03:56 PM
I'm sure just 'son' would be fine DM :D

DoulaMama
August 31st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hahaha! I think it'll be fifthson or something catchy like that....hahaha!

begonia
August 31st, 2011, 05:19 PM
Doesn't it get so tough to name when you have more than one of the same gender?!?! I remember struggling to name DD2 because everything I liked sounded so similar to DD1's name, because obviously I still had the same taste :-)

So anyhow we haven't talked names much for this pg. I have a hard time naming since we don't know what we're having (and won't til birth) and this is may be a little weird, but if I pick a name for each gender, I'll end up being a little sad that we don't use one of them! I get quite attached to names! I told DH we can just take a short list for each gender and decide once LO arrives.

This is a fun thread to read though... one of my favorite blogs is about baby names: http://www.youcantcallitit.com/

zanacal
September 1st, 2011, 04:14 AM
So anyhow we haven't talked names much for this pg. I have a hard time naming since we don't know what we're having (and won't til birth) and this is may be a little weird, but if I pick a name for each gender, I'll end up being a little sad that we don't use one of them! I get quite attached to names! I told DH we can just take a short list for each gender and decide once LO arrives.
[/url]

This is so true for me too. I got so attached to my little girl - who obviously didn't exist but did have a name! I got so attached that I forgot to consider boys names until right before the birth.

mummyof3boys
September 8th, 2011, 07:10 AM
i have 3 boys and i had Ava , Grace and Tianna picked out i have had 2 misscarriages since my healthy boys : ( i am the same though and can not have the same initials and hopefully not the same birth month with my last preg i was due 2 weeks before my ds #2 and i have gone 2 weeks ova with all 3 so was convinced i would be TELLING them that bub would be coming early or on time no matter what lol

sinderella
September 17th, 2011, 02:38 PM
when pregnant on ds1 i had jasmine picked for a girl,
ds 2 i knew on instinct ( later confirmed was a boy.
ds 3 i was convinced was a girl and was going to be called zara leigh
ds 4 was to be layla jane if he was a girl
baby due in january was to be logan josh if it was a boy BUT........ instead its going to be lilly mai !!!!

my 4 boys names are (ds1) dylan martin, (ds2) ryan alex, (ds3) zack lee (ds4) adam ben.........