PDA

View Full Version : NEWBIE NEEDING ADVICE

longtofeelcomplete
March 2nd, 2015, 01:09 PM
Hi All, I have 3 boys, have tried Shettles theory. Even finishing bd 4 days before o. I am a vegetarian, very low body fat, cardio for more than an hour 5x a wk. Recently tested ph, mine never going higher than 4.5 but my dh is 12/14!! Have used Genesis for pgd and always had a very low amount of girls to put back. I have then amazed Genesis 3 times by m/c at 6 wks when they believed that things were 1oo% perfect. Do you think that there is anything else that I can do?

nuthinbutpink
March 2nd, 2015, 01:17 PM
I'm so sorry for your losses. You may have an immunity issue.

What supplements were you on with the losses? Progesterone and estrace? Did you have a SCH ever?

Pink rose 76
March 2nd, 2015, 01:18 PM
Hiya, sorry to hear that you've not been successful at genesis. So you've been to genesis 3times and miscarried each time? Sorry just trying to understand your situation. You know that at genesis they grade the embryo visually and also then do 5probe fish testing so the embryo isn't fully tested on all it's chromosomes. So although they call the embryo normal it may not be.

I think it depends if you were taking supplements when you were cycling . All so DH can take supplements to improve quality and number of girls.

Savvas generally keeps to the same down reg protocol and also prefers Menopur/merional so maybe a change to a FSH drug like gonal would be a start if you wanted to continue with HT.

If not and you want to try swaying your best person to speak to is atomic. There is a whole section on swaying and getting your own personal swaying plan from atomic.

Hope that helps a little?

nuthinbutpink
March 2nd, 2015, 01:19 PM
Dr Braverman on here is an expert in immunity issues. Here is a link to schedule a free call with him-

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/free-ivf-pgd-consult-request-forms/41720-link-contact-form-dr-braverman-braverman-immunology-new-york.html

After three losses, I would think there is an underlying issue.

atomic sagebrush
March 3rd, 2015, 12:56 PM
DH with a pH of 12-14 is very unlikely and if this is the case you need him to go to a doctor and be checked for a prostate infection.

Shettles doesn't work. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/7691-trouble-timing.html

I am not quite sure what you are asking - there are always different things to do and try, but are you still going Genesis or swaying?

longtofeelcomplete
March 4th, 2015, 06:54 AM
I guess that I am asking if you think that DH may have been the problem all along, perhaps this is why with pgd we always got proportionally more boys than girls .DH has been to the doc and she amazingly said that she didn't think that a ph of 12-14 was a problem! She did however give a a course of antibiotics just in case and we can then retest after he has finished them. I am now in my forties and panicking that it may be too late although my blood work is still pretty good due to mild polycystic ovaries (not the syndrome though, I am skinny). My preference would be to sway, however also wondered if changing DH diet would make a difference to the amount of girls that we got if we had no luck naturally and went for PGD again? Thank you for your help in advance.

longtofeelcomplete
March 4th, 2015, 06:59 AM
Thanks for your reply. It is assumed that I may have an immunity issue, that they say has the ability to switch on/off, therefore blood tests aren't a good indication. However I would be using Intralipid if I was fortunate enough to sway and conceive, or even end up PGDing again.

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2015, 07:17 AM
If you are in your 40's without doing 23 chromosome testing, it is likely an egg quality issue. If you have PCOS, you should be tested for insulin resistance before cycling and be on metformin to help with egg quality. Were you on metformin?

IVF in our 40's is very hard. With only using 5-probe FISH, you are only testing chromosome 13, 18 and 21 so there are 20 others that can cause a loss including chromosome 16 that is often responsible for miscarriages.

longtofeelcomplete
March 4th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Thanks for your reply.My 1st two PGD's were with Mr Rainsbury and going to the USA, but badly hyperstimulated by the time I got there. 1st Genesis attempt was Mr Rainsbury lead and total hyperstimulated. 3 more attempts using Dr Rami (Savvas' friend) in Harley St. and FSH drug used due to Rami realising that I have mild pco but not pcos.These 3 were the ones that were m/c at 6 wks. Rami suggests that i have immunity issues that have the ability to switch on/off, therefore would use Intralipid if there were a next time.
I was taking Vit c, acidophulus .
May I ask where Clinic R is? I wish you the very best of luck this month.

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2015, 08:46 AM
It's sounds like total mismanagement and very poor pretesting on their part. What was your pretesting AFC? Insulin resistance would be one test you need for sure but protocol sounds all wrong. More info on clinic R is located in the member forums.

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2015, 08:47 AM
So you've done 5 IVF cycles?

longtofeelcomplete
March 4th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Insulin was always fine. I have tendency to cysts on my ovaries (pco) not the syndrome (pcos) which is what affects insulin I believe.
I was 36 when 1st started IVF/PGD and was always told that blood results were excellent, although never actually given the results, the Dr kept them.
My last IVF/PGD at 41 resulted in 20 eggs retrieved and matured, only 5 female. 2 implanted & mc at 6 wks. Asked Savvas at Genesis to freeze the remainder but he said he was 100% sure that all would be perfect & my lining was so good that he didn't!! Very cross about this!
Really sorry but I don't know what AFC is and can't find it on abbreviations list.

nuthinbutpink
March 4th, 2015, 12:25 PM
He didn't freeze them? What?? That's shocking.

Unfortunately using fish doesn't tell you much. Cycling in your 40's is tough. What were your betas? Were they good and then you starting bleeding? Did you ever see a heartbeat? 20 eggs at 40 is awesome and 5 females is great actually. Genesis has horrible results.

atomic sagebrush
March 4th, 2015, 03:15 PM
:holysheep:

longtofeelcomplete
March 5th, 2015, 06:08 AM
My betas were indicative of a twin pregnancy.Saw heart beat at 6 wks all 3 times but bleeding started at 10 wks.
Had another 2 attempts last year on an antagonist protocol with Dr Rami in London (UK) but only had 4 eggs when scanned so abandoned, as results were so different from previous ones and not likely to get a DD.So have had 7 actual IVF attempts, 5 going to retrieval & PGD. Do feel it has been a long journey, may be too late now. FSH 6.9 now, Oestradiol 216.DH gets results of tests next Wed, makes me wonder if with a ph of 12-14 whether my low ph of 4-4.5 combined just always meant that we would naturally had on DS's. I do wish that I had found this site years ago and looked into ph. Although with icis ph shouldn't matter should it? Genesis do a sperm sort first as well.
Still unsure what AFC, and SCH are?

nuthinbutpink
March 5th, 2015, 06:54 AM
Your estrogen level is elevated which is falsely lowering your FSH.

Did they ever check your AMH level? Since your FSH is not showing accurately, that may be a better indicator of ovarian reserve.

AFC is antral follicle count.

A SCH is a uterine bleed that can happen that could cause a loss. It would be seen on u/s though.

I really don't know other than you have an immunity issue working against you but since you aren't using full chromosome testing, it could be a chromosome defect too.

longtofeelcomplete
March 5th, 2015, 09:13 AM
Thank you. No, I didn't ever get a AFC, and Yes Genesis did check AMH those 3 times, when my response was always good. Dr Rami didn't though the last 2 IVF's that never happened. (abandoned). looking like it's too late now! Although miracles do happen, I am one of them (my mother was 45 when she had me, and was trying NOT to conceive!)Also wondering if it could be a chromosome defect with girls as I also mc twice between ds 1-2 & also ds2-3.

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2015, 12:40 PM
pH DOESN'T WORK. It really doesn't. It certainly doesn't matter when going HT because all that is corrected for and sperm is washed, etc.

I would be very concerned if you are showing up to a reproductive endocrinologist with your husband's sperm pH of 14 and they are not running tests to find out what is going on. I have never heard of a man wiht a pH that high, and it can be indicative of an infection.

atomic sagebrush
March 5th, 2015, 12:42 PM
Thank you. No, I didn't ever get a AFC, and Yes Genesis did check AMH those 3 times, when my response was always good. Dr Rami didn't though the last 2 IVF's that never happened. (abandoned). looking like it's too late now! Although miracles do happen, I am one of them (my mother was 45 when she had me, and was trying NOT to conceive!)Also wondering if it could be a chromosome defect with girls as I also mc twice between ds 1-2 & also ds2-3.

There is no known heritable chromosomal defect that affects only girls. To the best scientific knowledge we have, everyone can carry girls.