PDA

View Full Version : Boy name help?

2blue1pink
March 9th, 2015, 12:13 AM
Hoping if we settle on a name sooner than later it will help me bond a bit and feel less disappointed that we're 99% having our 3rd boy.

We prefer more classic but not crazy common, preferably two syllable, names, that have a suitable nickname that we don't mind. (I know, crazy picky list, we had a hard time naming DS2 and I am pretty sure naming our third boy is going to be pretty much impossible.)

DS1 is Lucas Oliver and DS2 is Matthew Joseph (we sometimes call them Luke and Matt). We didn't do the biblical name thing on purpose and do not want to continue it.

Here's some examples which is why this kid will probably never have a name--

DH likes Ethan. It is growing on me but I don't like that it doesn't have an easy nickname and eh, not really loving it.

I like Michael but teaching pretty much ruined that name for me, plus strongly against 'Mike' and wouldn't/couldn't risk him being called that someday.

I like Andrew but not Andy...(maybe I could/should get over it?) I don't think DH is a fan though.

I like Jack but it's only one syllable, and could not use Jackson.

Any ideas/help?

BrightSky
March 9th, 2015, 12:26 AM
Gorgeous names for your boys :) if you are after classic, 2 syllable names how about Thomas, Henry, Harrison, Edward, Hudson, archer or Liam? I love these names. Have you tired going back through your family trees? Might be some hidden gems there?

TRL
March 9th, 2015, 12:29 AM
My boys are
Tyler
Ryan
Logan
Love all there names! To me boys need strong names that can turn into men names. Nothing too fussy.
I like Andrew and Nick name can be Drew. Also like Nicholas can be nicky and Nick when older.
3 boys are great together you will love it! But also understand you disappointment.

3 boys and 1 HT princess!

Jany1025
March 9th, 2015, 03:08 AM
First of all absolutely love your boy's names. Both were on my short list for DS#2. Looks like TRL and I have the same taste, as the first name that came to mind when I saw Lucas and Matthew is TYLER! I know twin boys name Lucas and Tyler and I remember thinking that is fabulous!
My first born is Andrew. I've always loved that name even as a young girl and coincidentally my DH is Andrew BUT DH did not want to use it! I had to fight him on it! I used to call him Andy but now that he is a bit older I've taken to calling him Andrew. My good friend has an Andrew and does not let anyone call him Andy. Another friend instantly nicknamed her son Drew.
My second son is Ryan. I fell in love with the name soon after DS#1 was born. DH did not agree and we disagreed even while they were cutting him out! We ended up naming him some neutral name we could agree on, but 8 weeks later I changed his name to what I wanted which is Ryan. I absolutely love it!

Ethan is nice, I thought about Michael too but thought so many Micheals, Michael Jordan Jackson etcc lol

Congrats and Good luck!

Boom
March 9th, 2015, 04:29 AM
My boys and their nicknames and middle names are Kameron (Kam) Nathan Andrew - his dad calls him Nathan which he shortens to Nate (long story!), Elijah (Lije/Lij) Daniel Ethan, Lucas (Lulu/Luke/Lukes) Christopher Marley and Morgan (Moomoo) George Mallory

bunnywabbit
March 9th, 2015, 04:37 AM
Maybe use Ethan as a middle name. That way you get to use it but doesn't matter about not being able to shorten it. As far as forenames, how about:

Harrison (Harry)
Joshua (Josh)
Daniel (Dan)
Jacob (Jake)
Benjamin (Ben)
Alexander (Alex)
Andrew (Drew)

Just noticing that there are a couple of biblical names in there, I hope you don't mind too much... x

maidentomother
March 9th, 2015, 02:25 PM
Steven/Steve
Patrick/Pat or Rick
Tobias/Tobi
Jeffrey/Jeff
Jason/Jase
Stanley/Stan
Julian/Jule(s)
Maxwell/Max
Vincent/Vince
Leonard or Leon/Leo
Phillip/Phil
Robert/Rob
Lewis/Lew
Peter/Pete
Kevin/Kev
Martin/Marty
Derrick/Rick
Joel/Joe
Riley/Ri
Benson/Ben
Samson/Sam
Macon/Mac
Gilbert/Gil or Bert
Johan/Han
Jonas/Jon
Trevor/Trev
Bradley/Brad
Brandon/Bran
Abram/Bram
Thompson/Tom
Travis/Trav
Marcus/Mark
Christian/Chris
Edward/Ed
Eugene/Gene
Davis/Dave
Fredrick/Fred
Rod(e)rick/Rod
Ronald/Ron
Melvin/Mel
Brian/Bri
Stuart/Stu
Mickey/Mick

Dreamofpink
March 9th, 2015, 04:02 PM
Ds2 is called Ethan & DH calls him Eefers. Ds3 is called Isaac & his nickname from his big brothers is Zikky! We've ended up with quite biblical names, though it wasn't intentional. I am biased but I love the name Ethan now even though it was DH's first choice.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

2blue1pink
March 9th, 2015, 11:31 PM
Thanks ladies!

Lots of great suggestions!

I am not against biblical names as much as I am not trying to purposely continue the theme. If it's a biblical name that we both like, that's fine, I've just had people that we HAVE to use x, y,z because of the first two boys' names and that annoys me.

I really like Andrew (Drew) but DH isn't going for it at all. That's usually how it goes with us. He really likes Ethan but it's really not clicking with me.