PDA

View Full Version : Calcium and Magnesium results good in sway stats

skippy
March 9th, 2015, 03:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I've been reading a lot to say that the old idea of taking magnesium and calcium supplements or drinking lots of dairy isn't the way to go for a girl sway. I just saw after reading this that in the statistics that magnesium and calcium had really high success rates in the girl sway stats. Are many of you still taking supplements? I was thinking maybe I could just aim for drinking three glasses of skim milk a day to make some sort of calcium effort.

atomic sagebrush
March 9th, 2015, 09:42 PM
I 110% believe that the cal mag results in the stats are nothing more than a red herring. First of all, it's not separated by DH and DW taking them. Secondly (and most importantly) since taking cal-mag doesn't lower odds of conception, so people continue taking them even when they drop lots of other sway tactics and go on for 12 weeks + on diet - which gets great results itself.

All I can tell you is that I and several other people got boys taking the cal-mag when we were back on IG and came onto Gender Dreaming, dropped them, and got girls. If all of us would have retroactively entered our failed IG sways those stats would look totally different but I didn't want to play "sneaky pool" like that and try to manipulate the stats artificially. We have data from IG that shows that the cal mag results were WORSE for them than those who weren't taking it (and theirs were separated by DH and DW, analysis of this is in the third calcium conundrum thread which I link to below.).

My husband and I were ingesting the absolute lowest cal/mag of our entire lives. THere are hundreds of women on IG who took the cal mag and got boys doing that.

It is NUTS to look at those stats on this site and start drinking 3 glasses a day of milk based on that. PLEASE, PLEASE do not do that. IF you believe in cal-mag, if it makes sense to you after reading these essays (all three please, the third is actually the most important http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-to-conceive-a-girl/610-calcium-conundrum-controversial.html then please just take the cal-mag as supplements, without the Vit. D. You will be getting a huge amount of nutrients in 3 glasses of skim milk (for starters, 300 calories, 24 g protein, a huge amount of potassium, and 375 mg sodium in just three CUPS, let alone the large glasses that many drink.)

For an indepth analysis of our statistics and how they are compiled, and why not to take them uberseriously read this http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-general-discussion/43555-thoughts-stats.html

skippy
March 10th, 2015, 02:38 AM
Thanks for getting back to me - that all makes sense :-)

rayzen
February 27th, 2017, 01:37 AM
Do we know why the cal mag girl sway theory even exists in the first place? Thanks so much. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 27th, 2017, 03:04 PM
Yes, and it's dumb.

Back in the 30's some researchers noticed that if you dumped a lot of calcium or a lot of potassium the tank with some sponges and sea cucumbers and amphibian eggs that it made them have more male than female offspring (and vice versa with the calcium). But they don't even reproduce in the same way humans do, and some of the animals that were studied can actually change from males to females and vice versa in the right circumstances.

So, a few decades later someone decided to say this applied to mammals too (even though mammals reproduce in a totally different way), and experimented with the idea by going over old farm records to compare gender ratio in cows fed different diets. Please note, it was NOT that the cows were given calcium/sodium supplements, it was that they went over farm records and examined the diets of the cows. Then they subsequently did some studies - a couple human and a couple animals - but again, the problem was that the whole DIET was different. When you eat different foods, well, you're going to get different gender results (that we agree on) but it's never been proven at all that it is mineral level or something else or some combo. That's never, ever been proven. And since many of us are skipping minerals but changing diet, and then getting girls and boys anyway (many of us after getting opposites doing the mineral stuff) it casts a lot of doubt on the idea.

Now, if when I looked at the history of the theory, it had 17 excellent studies that clearly showed calcium/sodium levels were swaying pink, and it made sense biologically, then I'd stick up for it but it's pretty obvious based on the history of the idea that those old sea cucumber studies were totally meaningless for humans, and then all the studies after that were done on diet and not minerals.

rayzen
February 27th, 2017, 06:22 PM
Thanks so much, atomic!!! Very insightful!!! I take 400 - 600mg of magnesium for sleep but I'm trying to sway blue. Any thoughts on if I should alter that? Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomic sagebrush
February 28th, 2017, 06:47 PM
I don't think magnesium sways pink, but the only concern I have is that that high a mag intake may give you...erhm...loose stools which can deplete other nutrients from your system. Now, if that's not a prob. that affects you I think it's fine (and since sleep may help sway blue anyway, I'd carry on.)

I got my 4th boy taking quite a lot of mag so I know you can do it!