PDA

View Full Version : Diet Question

kellbell827
March 10th, 2015, 09:34 AM
I just have a question about what would be a girl-friendly diet. Right now, not trying to sway, in fact I am trying to increase my milk production and stumbled upon lactation smoothies on Pinterest. I did some more digging and discovered that smoothies in general are really good and have quickly become addicted! For example, yesterday morning I had a smoothie that consisted of flaxseed mill, pineapple, greek yogurt, coconut milk and ice. It was SOOO good! This morning, I did brewer's yeast, flaxseed, strawberries, peaches, oats, coconut milk & yogurt & ice. What could I put in a smoothie that would be considered girl friendly so that I can keep doing this once I'm ready to sway? Looking for some ideas. Thanks!!

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2015, 01:00 PM
I would not use flaxseed when TTC or lactating. Regardless of what you read anywhere on line, flaxseed may not be safe. It has hormonal components that may come through your breastmilk when you ingest it in large amounts and could possiby interfere with your baby's hormonal development. IT also may lower cholesterol that your baby needs for optimal brain and eye development. Also could cause issues with blood thinning, bleeding, bruising etc in your baby.

A little bit like in bread now and then is fine. A smoothie once a week is fine. A smoothie every day may not be and I just want you to understand that.

Flaxseed is also not good when TTC, for the reasons I mentioned above and it has also been definitively linked to premature labor.

atomic sagebrush
March 10th, 2015, 01:01 PM
All those things are fine in smoothies otherwise.

I'd drop oats as they may be sightly boy friendly and also drop brewers yeast as the nutrients may sway somehwat blue. But those two are great for you now!