PDA

View Full Version : Scan at 11+6

Tinkerbellsie
March 12th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Is this definitely a boy? Everyone I ask thinks so but I feel the same as I did with my daughter which is throwing me, though I know it is possible.

atomic sagebrush
March 12th, 2015, 03:15 PM
Too early to tell, please wait till late in the 12th week or 13th to gender guess.

Tinkerbellsie
March 12th, 2015, 03:21 PM
I'm not getting another scan until 19+6 unfortunately :-(

Tinkerbellsie
March 13th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Does anyone have any thoughts skull/nub or others? The scan was literally four hours off 12 weeks as was in the evening and my daughter's nub was girly at the same gestation (I think I have short babies hence due dates always been later than those expected by ovulation). I have attached some photos of where my friends think the nub is, but I'm not sure if it is as looks too high. They are pics 1&3 from the original post. Thanks in advance

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2015, 11:56 AM
There is nothing magic about being 4 hours shy of 12 weeks. In fact, if you were 12+0 I would still tell you it's too early. Late in the 12th week or into the 13th is much more reliable. The genitals are basically identical at this stage. :)

Tinkerbellsie
March 13th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Thanks :-) also based on ovulation (i chart and use cbfm) I should be 12+4, just I'm only five foot and had the same issue with last pregnancy of "losing" days (4 last time, five this time) and the baby arrives at 37 weeks and they are surprised :-/

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2015, 02:24 PM
I don't like to guess at 12+4 either. It is just too iffy.

They go off stages of development too, not just baby's size. Stages of devlopment tend to happen on a pretty specific timetable regardless of parental size. And since genitals are a development thing and not a size thing, I think it is best to use their dates for guessing instead of getting heartbroken or falsely elated over guesses that are not accurate at this point. :) THe baby's head, to me (and I am not an expert but I DO look at a lot of ultrasounds) looks earlier and not later, if that makes sense. A lot of stuff happens in that 12th-13th week.

I am sure you know exactly when you ovulated but the fact is that tons of people think they do and aren't correct. Babies do come at 37 weeks sometimes regardless of when you got pregnant.

It is neither here nor there, makes no difference whatsoever, just that I think it's too early to guess your baby's gender. Baby is adorable and I hope you get what you're wishing for (if you have a preference.)

Tinkerbellsie
March 13th, 2015, 02:46 PM
No threat of elation/disappointment here. Was just keen to see if the theory worked again that's all :-)

For sure babies come earlier, but I just knew their dates were wrong. It helps that my cycles have always been clockwork and a day or si either side would make complete sense. The sonographer last time did say it's mostly on lengthy but completely get what you are saying :-)

And thanks very much again. I will share when we know, but that probably won't be until September. Had a love/hate relationship with waiting and guessing last time :giggle:

maidentomother
March 14th, 2015, 07:03 PM
Looks boyish to me!

Tinkerbellsie
February 12th, 2017, 04:06 PM
Forgot to update when baby arrived Sept 2015!

It was a boy. Big surprise after all old wives tales leading me to girl and bump being very similar to when I carried my DD.

Claire33
February 12th, 2017, 04:11 PM
That was a definite early but boyish nub!

atomic sagebrush
February 15th, 2017, 01:50 PM
Huge congrats!!!