PDA

View Full Version : Cautiously hopeful to sway pink this year....

hopper
March 13th, 2015, 07:39 AM
We have a 3 year old DS and 13 month old DS. Ideally we would have liked to be already TTC#3 but circumstances changed so we had to postpone. Having spoken to DH over the past few days and depending on our financial situation (we won't know for sure until later in the year) we are talking about TTC Sept/Oct/Nov time. We are travelling to the States in August for two weeks, we'll be back home the first week of September. We have conceived both our boys either while on holidays in the States or shortly after returning from holidays. Does travelling to different time zones make you sway at all?
If this plan works out I wouldn't be able to stick to a diet of any kind while on holidays so I'd possibly gain a little weight while away. I could start the LE diet upon my return and I usually have no trouble losing weight. If I was to start the LE diet mid September how long would I need to be on it to increase sway chances? Or should I wait until my body has readjusted to the time difference before starting any diet?
We are quite tied to those TTC months as I am maid of honour at my best friends wedding Sept 2016. If we conceived Sept/Oct/Nov then the latest EDD would be early August giving me a month to get ready for the wedding. Am I making the right decision or should we wait til after the wedding? I am super broody at the moment so waiting til 2017 to have a baby feels like a lifetime away!
Also, my cycle is a bit all over the place right now. It could be anything from 25 days to 35 days. Is there anything I can start to take to regulate my cycle to the 28-30 days it used to be?
I am on Lustral (the EU brand of Zoloft) for anxiety right now and have been since August 2014. I am hoping to come off it over the summer. Do anti-anxiety meds sway either way just in case my doctor wants to keep me on it til Autumn?
What are the thoughts on Clomid to sway? I reckon my doctor might prescribe it if I asked but I've read through so many posts on the topic now I think I have confused myself.
I am excited and not just a little nervous to go down this road. It will most likely be our last attempt so a daughter would be the dream of a lifetime. Fingers and toes crossed!!

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Disrupted sleep does tend to sway pink, we believe.

Lots of people have gone on holiday, obviously you'd relax on diet then. But many people have found it is actually easier than they think. I would never postpone a sway for 2 weeks of vacation, just diet before and diet after and do your best while you're there.

12 weeks or more on diet has gotten best results but remember, you may not even get pg the first month TTC and you don't want to waste away to nothing, either.

YOu just had a baby about a year ago and it is not unusual for your cycle to still be kooky at this stage.

antianxiety meds and Clomid both are thought to sway pink, I think Clomid is safer and more reliable.

hopper
March 13th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Disrupted sleep does tend to sway pink, we believe.

Lots of people have gone on holiday, obviously you'd relax on diet then. But many people have found it is actually easier than they think. I would never postpone a sway for 2 weeks of vacation, just diet before and diet after and do your best while you're there.

12 weeks or more on diet has gotten best results but remember, you may not even get pg the first month TTC and you don't want to waste away to nothing, either.

YOu just had a baby about a year ago and it is not unusual for your cycle to still be kooky at this stage.

antianxiety meds and Clomid both are thought to sway pink, I think Clomid is safer and more reliable.
Thanks Atomic! So if I were to start the diet say end of July, we fly out August 23rd and back Sept 7th so be as good as I can be while away and then back to diet from the 8th onwards would it be best to aim to attempt after my Sept AF? According to the pattern they seem to be taking (one month short, one month long, though the odd month might be completely obscure) I would be due AF around Sept 25th ish. So I would have two shots, one mid Oct and one mid Nov. I am the worlds WORST for dieting so am worried about how long I could manage to keep it up.
Two other things Atomic - what would be the best form of tracking my cycle in anticipation of our sway? I used OPKs to figure out when I was ovulating when we were TTC our boys but that was the extent of it. My youngest DS still wakes at night so not sure if temping is an option. I'm presuming to sway pink I would need to be very certain about when O takes place, right?
And the second is, I bought a sway plan last year when we thought we would be TTC sooner than later but obviously never used it or the coaching service. Now if our plans to sway this year go ahead I want to renew the subscription for coaching. Would you advise that I renew it closer to swaying or would I be better off getting everthing sorted in my head sooner rather than later?
Thanks a million!

atomic sagebrush
March 13th, 2015, 02:43 PM
bump this for me please, nearly done for today and it's a bit involved

hopper
March 13th, 2015, 05:01 PM
bump this for me please, nearly done for today and it's a bit involved

Sorry for asking so many questions Atomic and thank you so much for being so patient with me.

hopper
March 14th, 2015, 11:24 AM
:happy:Bump for Atomic, although am in no hurry for reply. Hope you are having a good weekend :happy:

hopper
March 19th, 2015, 09:18 AM
Just an update - I spoke to the bride to be yesterday and she said it wouldn't matter to her if my waters broke at her wedding, she would just be delighted for me. She understands the desire I have to try for a daughter and it was so nice to get that weight lifted off my shoulders!

I've started to cut back a little as of today to hopefully make the LE diet less of a shock to my boy geared system!! I've downloaded My Fitness Pal, skipped breakfast and put in my morning coffee. I did indulge in my regular morning pastry but I reckon that will be the last to go. Planning a lunch of hummus, veggies, some white bread and some fruit. Dinner will be roasted potato and roasted veggies with possibly a little of the ham I have baking for the rest of the family - I don't want to cut too much too soon after all. September is a long way off. I'll have a glass of wine with dinner too, I don't think I'll reach my calories though so possibly will need to add something to my lunch. Any ideas? I don't like to eat after dinner at 6pm and don't eat until 11am the next morning. I need to maintain my weight at the present, not lose more right? I'm 125lbs at just over 5'5, I was 140lbs conceiving both boys so this weight is the lowest I've been in my adult life. Hope I can maintain it until closer to TTC time...

Can I have coconut milk on the LE diet? As in make a simple korma with curry powder and coconut milk? Also what is the recommendation for shellfish on the LE diet? Shrimp in particular.

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I think OPK or else BD unprotected every 4 days and NOT tracking at all. I think tracking cycles makes people get overly focused on the details and that may sway blue for many people.

You do not need to know when you ovulate. Timing does not sway one bit and even if it did, there are way better ways of managing it than tracking your cycles, temping every day, filling out charts and so on.

RE the Coaching - it is totally up to you. WHatever you think is more helpful to you. You can always renew it again if need be. The thing of it is, I answer posts every day in the Custom Forums and I don't answer them every day in the free forums. I have been able to do that lately because my husband is off work now but once he goes back I may not be able to do so. So if you feel like you need an immediate response then you may want to renew. (plus I do always appreciate it because the $$ I get enables me to do this as a full time job!)

hopper
March 19th, 2015, 02:38 PM
I think OPK or else BD unprotected every 4 days and NOT tracking at all. I think tracking cycles makes people get overly focused on the details and that may sway blue for many people.

You do not need to know when you ovulate. Timing does not sway one bit and even if it did, there are way better ways of managing it than tracking your cycles, temping every day, filling out charts and so on.

RE the Coaching - it is totally up to you. WHatever you think is more helpful to you. You can always renew it again if need be. The thing of it is, I answer posts every day in the Custom Forums and I don't answer them every day in the free forums. I have been able to do that lately because my husband is off work now but once he goes back I may not be able to do so. So if you feel like you need an immediate response then you may want to renew. (plus I do always appreciate it because the $$ I get enables me to do this as a full time job!)

I'll definitely be renewing Atomic, you seem to just "get" so many people and your calm logical thinking is sure to keep me right where I am supposed to be. I really do appreciate you taking the time to answer in the free forums lately, I'll 100% renew at the end of the month. The small renewal amount is MORE than worth it to allow you to help so many people :)

As for the tracking, you make PERFECT sense there. I think the OPKs might just be the reason I have two sons, I am grateful for my gorgeous boys and thankful for the OPKs but I do tend to stress. If you think avoiding the OPKs might help this sway then I am all for that!! We were DTD every day or every second day when we conceived the boys so every 4 days might work when mixed with a decent attempt at the diet and supps etc :D