PDA

View Full Version : Still No O

TaytumJ
March 17th, 2015, 11:00 AM
I just want a little advice on what you ladies would do in my situation. I've only been off BC since October, but have only O'd once about a month ago, which my doctor believes ended in a chemical. I was estatic that I thought I could actually conceive, but after starting off another long cycle again this month (currently on CD29), I'm starting to lose hope again. I've read that after a certain amount of time that the uterine lining gets old and can't hang on to an egg to implant so I feel like if this is true, I am doomed to this until I get some outside help or do something else. I know my body is gearing up for O as I can feel the cramps, I'll get super bloated (almost feel like AF bloat/cramps some days), right ovary twinges, etc., but it just will not get it done. I don't know if I have low progesterone or what, but I just feel like the past 5 months have been looking down a very long dark tunnel with no light at the end.

I trust you ladies more than anything else out there on the internet, so I just want to know what you guys would do. Should I wait it out a little bit longer to see what happens? Try different supplements? Go to the doctor to have levels tested? I've been trying to be as natural as possible up to this point because I'd love for my body to do things itself, it's just getting frustrating. I've woken up the past two nights really hot and sweaty but my temp is still around the 97.1-97.3 range. Just looking for a little bit of advice or hope!

P.S. I know I'm missing a ton of temps a few days ago - we went on vacation and I just told myself I wasn't going to take my BBT and temp - I needed a mental break. It was so refreshing.

bunnywabbit
March 17th, 2015, 11:06 AM
If it were me, I wouldn't worry about reading o symptoms, and temping would drive me insane, especially as small things can throw it off! Pick up some internet cheapie opk strips (I bought mine from Amazon) and start testing from there, maybe from CD9 or so and see how it goes.

belleboi
March 17th, 2015, 11:09 AM
After I got off BC pills my cycles were very wonky. I had one cycle that was nearly 60 days long. We ended up conceiving on my 4th cycle and it took nearly 5 months. I would wait a couple more months in your situation. BC really does a number on your hormones and your body needs to regulate itself a little more. Good luck! I know how frustrating this can be.

Oh and on my 60 day cycle I had 3 or 4 false LH surges. It was a mess!

belleboi
March 17th, 2015, 11:10 AM
Oh also list the supps you are taking. A few of them can delay O.

TaytumJ
March 17th, 2015, 11:14 AM
Thanks ladies for the support and advice! Bunnywabbit: I've been doing Wondfo OPKs as well, but those are also frustrating because when I start to have O symptoms, they obviously show no O. And like Belleboi said, I had false LH surges in November and December. I stopped doing them in January for that reason and only picked them back up this cycle after my BBT showed I did actually O back in the middle of February. I started doing them at CD13 this cycle and they would get darker, but never positive, and this cycle would repeat itself.

Definitely trying to be patient - I've come a long ways since November as far as my body regulating itself so I am happy for that! Just get down and frustrated some days. :(

EDIT: I'm only taking a prenatal with DHA and extra vitamin D.

atomic sagebrush
March 17th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Why did your doc think it was a chemical???

Try not to worry too much about your lining, old eggs, etc. If your lining gets bad, your body just sloughs it off. And the concerns about "old eggs" have never been proven and are in much, much longer cycles (some women go 6-12 months without ovulating, regularly)

That having been said, I think that you may benefit from Provera to have a bleed and then that may help kickstart ovulation. The prob. is that your doctor may not see it this way. I think their slavish insistence on waiting around for 7000 years for something to happen when people want to TTC is ridiculous.

Don't start playing around with supplements, I have seen it happen time and again where people start taking things to "fix a problem" and then it only makes matters worse.

TaytumJ
March 17th, 2015, 12:23 PM
So the weird thing was, I was getting BFNs up until I went to the doctor's, then got the faint positive, but my HCG level was only at a 9 and when we tested again 72 hours later it was at a 4. So, she just said that it couldn't implant for whatever reason and we kind of left it at that. I should have asked more, but assumed it had already come and gone and was just kind of ready to start over.

Thanks for the reassurance on the lining/egg debacle. I've read that a time or two so was really worried about that and felt like this was a lost cause to keep going if things were too "old" and wouldn't implant any way. I was wondering though about maybe just asking for a progesterone test since I'm CD29, and if they don't see any elevated levels of progesterone then they could maybe help with that? Still trying to be patient though, but it just really sucks when I feel like I get really excited, DH and I BD like crazy and then nothing. I think he's starting to think I'm losing it and doesn't always believe me when I say, "But we have to do it NOW since I might be ovulating!" because then it turns out that I don't.

I'm never ever going back on BC again.

belleboi
March 17th, 2015, 12:56 PM
oh my husband had the exact same reaction when I'd say it was time to BD like rabbits during my crazy cycles. Those supps you are taking are great. I'd also call the doctor to see what they say. When I was getting ready to call mine, my cycle finally ended and I was able to start back at CD1. The waiting game is rough!

XXforhubby
March 17th, 2015, 03:52 PM
In sorry that this is happening to you! I agree and would call your doctor to see what they can do for you. It can take a while for things to balance out after stopping BC. My dear friend took 5-6 months before she could conceive after stopping BC. Don't give up! I know it is hard when you want something so badly, but I would keep having well timed BDing, use OPKs if they don't make you go crazy, and try to be patient. It WILL happen for you. Just don't start taking this supplement or that medication to try and "fix" something that may just need a bit of time, without talking it over with your doctor first or without careful consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maidentomother
March 17th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Ugh. I was really hoping last cycle was a fluke. I would personally try to find an aggressive dr even lie about how long you've been TTC in order to get a full work up and meds. Injectables + IUI would sway blue and definitely help speed things along.

What were your cycles like before BC?

I would keep temping, OPKing, and observing CM and CP daily (my cervix is the only fertile sign that has never misled me), and I'd do everything you can to ignore any other O symptoms like cramping/bloating./ovary pain, since those symptoms are very deceptive. Keep BDing every other day and do not assume anything based on anything...less disappointment that way.

atomic sagebrush
March 18th, 2015, 02:00 PM
OK yes that was a chemical, I'm sorry. Sometimes people tell me they had a chemical because they had cramps or a heavy period or something so I just wanted to be sure.

What a blood test would be able to tell you is if you have ovulated or not. Your chart looks anovulatory to me right now. I'm not sure that bloodwork would help us TOO much but it may help put your mind at ease. Most docs aren't willing to help at this stage of the game, unfortunately. What they could do is give you Provera and then we'd go onto next month but they aren't always willing to do that before CD 60 or even 90

You are so totally not alone with the BC issues, so many people have them and no one is told these things. tHen you go into the doctor and they act like you're a crazy person for wanting to ya know, get pregnant quickly once you're ready to start TTC. I don't think any woman should have to wait and wait for a year before getting help with fertility!!

maidentomother
March 18th, 2015, 06:25 PM
Agree, I think hormonal BC is evil personally, when used for years on end.

TaytumJ
March 18th, 2015, 09:51 PM
XX - definitely trying to stay patient at this point in time. I feel like last time, when I finally said, "F this." and ignored everything was when my temp spiked up. I'm kind of glad DH and I have only told a few friends that we've been trying, so that people aren't constantly asking how it's going. I just feel like I'm doomed to have this cycles where my body gears up and then nothing happens. Just have to keep trucking! And your chart looks GREAT!! Tons of FX and good prayers headed your way that this is a BFP month!

Maiden: Me too. :( I thought maybe since my body actually did O on it's own last month it would know what to do and could kick it into high gear this month and be somewhat "regular". No such luck. After thinking it over today, my next day off work is April 3rd. I may wait it out a few more weeks then make an appointment. My chart seems to look like it gears up for O, I feel like I can clearly see a distinct attempt at rising, but can't get it done. I do wonder if I have some high testosterone - I have really dark, thick hair naturally and a lot of it. When most kids just had light arm hair, mine was always darker (I definitely get it from my dad though, so I always wondered if this was genetic?). And ever since going off BC (TMI) I've noticed that I seem to have darker hair around my nipples. Not a ton, but noticeable enough to me that it wasn't there when on BC. I don't have it on chin/chest/face etc. though so it's a toss up to me. As far as I can remember though, I was regular before BC. Usually around 30ish days. Although that was only about two years before starting BC and I've been on ever since. :\

P.S. are you temping vaginally this cycle?? I'm going to try that next cycle! FX for you this time around! And no sickness! :)

Atomic: I'm trying to stay positive - a chemical at least means egg and sperm connected and I ovulated! Just felt like after knowing what it was like to get pregnant and know that it could happen I have been even more impatient. I just wish that maybe at 6 months they'd be willing to work with us TTCers. Although maybe God has a plan and is waiting for me to get pregnant in July so that I can have a May baby and spend all summer with him/her as a teacher!

When/if the time comes for medical intervention, which ones still sway blue? I know Clomid sways pink so I want to avoid that, but if she suggests something or wants to try something, I want to at least know what I'm working with here.

Thanks for all of your encouragement and support - it has been so helpful and refreshing. I've been more relaxed about it lately. I have faith it will happen, just need a good vent session every once in a while!

XXforhubby
March 18th, 2015, 11:22 PM
You are such an amazing person! I am sending you all of my blue baby dust (boys are SO awesome! I would love BG twins so DH and I can have what we want!) [emoji8][emoji92][emoji170][emoji843][emoji170][emoji94]
I am [emoji120]that you get your much deserved BFP soon!

TaytumJ
March 19th, 2015, 09:27 AM
Of course. Had a pretty good spike today, but not holding much to it yet. I went to bed an hour earlier last night, and while I feel really good today, and yesterday my throat was a little scratchy, but today feels better. So I wonder if I'm fighting off a cold. Hard to get too excited about it yet as my CM has been creamy the past few days. But stranger things have happened! And this weekend I drank beer, ate lots of pizza (but still got in breakfast every morning!) so I might be miffed on my boy sway. But I'll take all your blue dust still XX! :)

maidentomother
March 19th, 2015, 10:17 AM
That temp rise looks very promising! Fx it stays up!

I highly recommend vaginal temping, I have been doing so for a year. Oral temped for over a decade and that worked fine, but my V temps are more stable & reliable.

I am no expert but I wouldn't assume high T based on your body hair distribution. Sounds genetic. Plus with high T you usually also have high estrogen but you don't get crazy EWCM.

Don't get sick!

TaytumJ
March 19th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Yes! FX That this is the real deal (finally!). Like I said, a little bummed I didn't get a chance to have a super good sway a few days before this with the vacation, but I'll still take it!

Your temps just look so much higher than they did last time I saw them, Maiden, that's why I asked. What a nice downward dip going on today...hopefully soon for you, since I know that you're getting close to your last month for a while!

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Don't worry about Clomid swaying pink. Our results are Clomid + an otherwise pink sway. If you use Clomid plus a blue sway, it's much closer to 50-50 and if you need it, you shouldn't hesitate to use it. Especially getting pg the first month on Clomid (which we would try really hard to accomplish) is not that strong of a pink sway at all.

Clomid is going to be the best option and I don't want you to hesitate to use it!

atomic sagebrush
March 19th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Most body hair is genetic and has nothing to do with T levels.

It is when you see CHANGES in body hair that may be related to T, or hairs that are just like REALLY out of order (like women getting mid-chest and back hair)

maidentomother
March 19th, 2015, 01:21 PM
My temps often stay high for over a week after AF. So it's pretty normal for me, regardless of temping method. But my temps have been particularly high this cycle. Maybe I'm still not totally better from the virus? Or maybe my super short LP/AF coming so soon last cycle is to blame? I don't really know, but I'm anxious for my temps to drop so I can O!

TaytumJ
March 19th, 2015, 05:38 PM
Strange enough, one of my friends and I were together last night and she was talking about how she was diagnosed with PCOS and had her first son naturally after about a year of trying and her second son on Clomid, so that at least made me feel better (and she doesn't know anything about swaying). She also said that she has little hairs on her chest, which I don't have. Thanks for the reassurance though ladies - it's always an embarrassing topic so I'm glad I can discuss it with you guys.

Yes, your temps just look so much higher at the start for a longer time than last cycle, so I was curious! Looks like they're headed that way though, Maiden! Hopefully in a few days I can hop over to the 2WW and follow along more over there (I've sworn myself off any sort of extra "baby brain" until confirmed O!)

XXforhubby
March 19th, 2015, 07:39 PM
I am Xing everything and praying for you TaytumJ!

I am firm believer that diet and exercise trumps everything! The women I know, had boys while taking Clomid (some because of infertility and some because of PCOS), and they all had boys. They also led a VERY boy friendly lifestyle.

TaytumJ
March 19th, 2015, 08:27 PM
I had been pretty good about lifting weights and not doing as much cardio, but the weekend getaway killed my diet. Trying to tell myself three days of not being perfect won't kill me (still ate big breakfast in AM, took prenatals and vit D, and ate a lot of pizza! Haha), but I always think the alcohol and lack of sleep may have been a killer. Oh well, hopefully now we wait.

I love your BFP XX! So strong! Praying for a sticky pink bean for you! [emoji4][emoji178]

XXforhubby
March 19th, 2015, 08:48 PM
That is still great TaytumJ! With both boys that is how I ate, and we ALWAYS have pizza once a week! I drank moderately with conceiving both boys, and I NEVER slept once DS1 was born (he didn't sleep through the night until he was 2.5yrs old!!).

Looks like a perfect Boysway to me! Keep up regular BDing in case of O!

FX and [emoji120]! Oh, and ALL of my blue dust! DH informed me that he will be LIVID if this baby is a boy (I would LOVE another DS!)

[emoji8][emoji92][emoji170][emoji843][emoji170][emoji94]

TaytumJ
March 20th, 2015, 06:49 AM
Thanks for the reassurance! [emoji4] I can't wait to follow along and find out what you're having!

Of course last night up and restless with a puking dog. Ugh. I added the temp it gave me any way after a long night, so I guess we'll see tomorrow.

maidentomother
March 20th, 2015, 07:08 AM
I agree about the thread being too much to handle sometimes. I always take a little break when AF comes. And waiting to O when you don't have any idea when it will happen is truly the worst.

I also know many ladies who got boys on clomid, and for sure diet & lifestyle matter most.

I hope today's temp is a fluke for you...and I hope my temp keeps dropping! Though I don't think I will O anytime soon since I don't even have fertile CM yet, sigh.

TaytumJ
March 20th, 2015, 09:22 AM
I'm not stressing too much about the low temp today; I feel pretty confident in my high temp yesterday, since my temps rarely ever get above 98.0 unless I've been drinking before, or I sleep way in, which neither I did on Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Unless it was something fighting off a cold for one day (although I Monday-Wednesday I felt worse than I did yesterday morning and temps were still low) then maybe it's just a fall-back rise? Did finally have some slippery CM today, so I'm going to get DH to BD just in case. Just going to roll with it right now!

Your chart looks great with the downward temps now, Maiden! Maybe in about a week or so? FX that this cycle goes so much better than last. You definitely deserve it!

TaytumJ
March 22nd, 2015, 08:44 AM
Ugh. I've never had so many up and downs on my chart, not even after coming right off BC. Temping at the same time, same position in my mouth, everything! So frustrated. Just going to keep BDing and swaying with diet and exercise, but this is just frustrating. Ugh. [emoji17]

maidentomother
March 22nd, 2015, 08:49 AM
Hugs Taytum. Why can't our bodies just O on time?

TaytumJ
March 22nd, 2015, 09:15 AM
Yes! Or at least be consistent. It just feels so exhausting waiting and waiting and getting excited for nothing. I just need to focus on diet and exercise and not so much timing BD for a boy sway as I feel like I'll never know when true O will be. Boo.

TaytumJ
March 23rd, 2015, 10:56 AM
Do you guys think a B vitamin might help to balance hormones? I don't want to add anything that will delay O any more, but just thinking out loud. I've been looking into acupuncture and chiropractic care too, just any thing to kind of help, even just a bit. I've been so tired lately and no libido, so I know something is wrong, I just don't know how to fix it. Or if I'm just so tired because I'm sad and frustrated.

I counted the random 98.2 temp as a fluke and marked it on my chart as such. Trying to stay positive!

XXforhubby
March 23rd, 2015, 11:36 AM
I feel acupuncture really helped me to conceive. I went to a community based acupuncture- POCA, and they have clinics all over the US. They charge based on a sliding scale- $15-35 per treatment. They are all trained practitioners and trained by POCA. Just google POCA clinics and select locate a clinic! It's cheap, relaxing, and helpful!

TaytumJ
March 23rd, 2015, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the info, XX! I just looked it up - no clinics in Iowa. :( I found a pretty good clinic in my area, I just don't know if I can swing $75 a week for the next three months? I know one treatment probably won't do the trick. I will need to talk to DH and see what he thinks as well. Do you go weekly XX?

XXforhubby
March 23rd, 2015, 01:33 PM
I went the recommended twice a week for three months, but I got my BFP at month two.

TaytumJ
March 23rd, 2015, 06:17 PM
So hopefully it won't take too many sessions to get something moving! Just looking to do anything that might help get hormones back balanced.

XXforhubby
March 24th, 2015, 09:49 AM
TaytumJ- if you just selected your state, that doesn't always work. If you select Illinois, none come up too. I had to type in my city for the one I go to, to come up.

Try searching again!

TaytumJ
March 24th, 2015, 02:14 PM
Even when I type in Des Moines it shows there aren't any in the area (that would be the biggest city near me). Super bummed. Just frustrating waiting and waiting and waiting and still no O. :( I think my cycle has gone back to square one now. Seems like CM is more sticky than anything. By April 6th when I have a day off work I'll be 40-some CD. Hopefully doctor will feel that's enough to maybe prescribe something or take a look at other options.