PDA

View Full Version : New here can you guess pink or blue bundle from 11 week6day ultrasound

Girlygirl123
March 26th, 2015, 03:09 PM
Hi. I am 13 weeks pregnant and had my ultrasound last week at 11!weeks 6 days and asked the tech to guess the gender. Both techs along with my own dr a couple of days ago looked at me like I had three heads. They said it is way to early to determine. Then I found your forum and read about the nub theory. I am not knowledgeable enough so wouldn't even attempt a guess but please let me know what you think. Thanks so much

deaks66
March 26th, 2015, 04:00 PM
Looks very boy like to me! Never fails to surprise me that some sonographers are still clueless about nubs!

granddaughter
March 26th, 2015, 04:15 PM
boy lean

Nahri
March 26th, 2015, 05:05 PM
boy lean

Dana-Alicia
March 26th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Boy, even though it's early, it's already sticking up!

Girlygirl123
March 26th, 2015, 06:22 PM
Okay this is our first and four out of four say boy! How accurate is the nub theory and have you seen surprises on this forum.? Thanks to all who posted i really do appreciate it.

Claire33
March 26th, 2015, 06:42 PM
boy!

Girlygirl123
March 26th, 2015, 07:33 PM
Ladies, not one girl guess? I think I was always hoping for a girl so a little shocked but since we will hopefully be blessed with at least another I am obviously only concerned about having a healthy baby. Believe me I am so grateful but a small part of me is a little disappointed. I hope I am not offending anyone but that is my initial feeling. I know as my pregnancy goes on I will definitely change and be ecstatic! Has anyone else felt like this?

True Blue
March 26th, 2015, 07:40 PM
Also guessing boy as quite an angle there :)

Congratulations :)

kitkat18
March 26th, 2015, 08:51 PM
Girlygirl we have all been there with gender disappointment.It does look like a boy but don't be too disheartened until you have the 20week scan, we are not experts. Xxx

Girlygirl123
March 26th, 2015, 09:48 PM
You have all been very helpful and sweet. I am embarrassed to have admitted that for all of the obvious reasons. I appreciate your post and know that I will come around and love either gender baby I believe it is pretty likely that we are having a boy and I do think all of you have seen enough nubs that you are experts. Thank you so much. I will update.

maidentomother
March 26th, 2015, 10:21 PM
Looks boyish. I want a girl for my first so I completely understand your preference.

bunnywabbit
March 27th, 2015, 04:12 AM
I'm thinking boy, too. Maybe the next scan will prove us wrong! x

PrimalMamma
March 27th, 2015, 05:44 AM
I also guess boy. If you are disappointed know that is normal & it won't last. I was completely devo at the thought of DS3 being a boy, now I'm super excited about being an all-boy mum! He is due in 7 weeks & I wouldn't swap to a girl now even if I could!!

Girlygirl123
March 27th, 2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks so much. I have faith in all of you and am quite sure you are right. We will be thrilled with either it's the initial disappointment that I know will change very soon.

Girlygirl123
March 27th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Congrats to you! That's what my mom told me about our family. We are a family of three sisters. My mom told us when she found out my second sister was a girl she was upset but thought it would be nice to have two close sisters. Then when she had my other sister the tech asked what she had at home and when she said two girls the tech said she was unsure (at 20 weeks if she can really see) was stalling quite a bit and then finally asked if she really wanted to know. She finally said 100 percent girl. She went out crying and told my dad how upset she was. Almost immediately she changed her mind and also said she would never change three girls for anything else. Thank you so much and best to you too

Girlygirl123
March 27th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Are the 3d scans safe at 14 or 15 weeks through private companies safe and will they be able to confirm gender?

Claire33
March 27th, 2015, 09:19 AM
You're from an all girl family and it's all you know, it's only natural you wanted a girl. But you will get used to being a boy mom and you will love him with all your heart. Remember that children need the exact same love from their mommy regardless of their gender, they need the exact same amount of cuddles and encouraging words, whether they are boy or girl. I went through GD 3 times, but I love my boys so much, I couldn't live without them. You will be a great mom. I think you are taking this really well already, keep it up!! <3

And yes, private scans at 14-15 weeks are safe and will be able to reveal gender! GL!

Dana-Alicia
March 27th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Completely agree with Claire. I'm from an all girl family and now we all produce grandsons and they are gorgeous. I get so proud when I imagine our future together. Now they are tiny and cuddly, but one day they will be tall and big and we will have to look up to them. Gives me a warm and proud feeling, you'll get there xx

Girlygirl123
March 27th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Thank you all again!!!

Girlygirl123
March 27th, 2015, 12:27 PM
This is somewhat off topic. But did most of you get the DNa test that checks for down syndrome etc as well as identifying gender? My dr said it wasn't necessary snd she doesn't believe in it for women under 35. Most of my friends did have it and all are under 35. Any replies to this would be helpful and much appreciated. Thanks again

XXforhubby
March 27th, 2015, 03:12 PM
Boy. Hugs! [emoji120]for a healthy baby and mama!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girlygirl123
April 1st, 2015, 01:16 PM
Hi again ladies. My insurance will not cover the DNa test so I will not be able to receive additional support that our baby doesn't have abnormalities plus to find out the gender. Can additional members please look at our baby's nub and please let me know. We will not be finding out until mid may! I would really love to know their gender. Thanks so much everyone xoxoxo

Girlygirl123
April 4th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Bump

Linzshine32
April 4th, 2015, 09:53 AM
These pics make me think boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugee
April 4th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I think boy from your pic. Hope he melts your heart as much as my sons melted mine!

Girlygirl123
April 5th, 2015, 10:10 PM
Thank you and I am sure he will. Best of luck to you too!! Thank you

Boom
April 6th, 2015, 04:09 AM
The nub really looks like a boy in all 3 pics.
Most private US places won't do gender scan till 16 weeks and there is not enough evidence yet to say if ultrasound waves are safe so you should probably wait till then so you don't have to go back for a rescan
Xxx

Girlygirl123
April 6th, 2015, 11:51 AM
Thank you so much