PDA

View Full Version : Benefits family of 14 but the gender ratio caught my eye lol!

ELP
August 6th, 2011, 04:25 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2013309/Pregnant-15-daughter-Britains-prolific-single-mother-And-course-shes-benefits--just-like-mum.html

Entertaining article about a woman in the UK who is living off the state with her 14 children, but look at the gender ratio 9 out of the last 11 girls?? Not sure about the 1st 3, I'll have to read it a bit more!

11 girls 3 boys, I wonder what the factors were here???

atomic sagebrush
August 6th, 2011, 04:35 PM
The truly crazy thing is, did you see that all her daughters who had babies, all had boys!! Proof that gender isn't genetic.

ELP
August 6th, 2011, 04:44 PM
I did notice that! I'm wondering if the mum had a bit of GD and kept going for that one last little boy??! A bit like me:holysheep::giggle:

atomic sagebrush
August 6th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Hey, I have long thought that is what Sarah Palin was up to (she's that woman who ran for Vice President in the States.) Her oldest is a boy, then she had 3 girls and then her youngest is a boy and she had him when she was 45!!! Plus she is very into hunting, fishing, hockey, etc.

Princess of Pink
August 6th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Gosh that is scary...11 girls!! There is really no hope for some of us!!

ELP
August 6th, 2011, 05:37 PM
Pip, I've just seen a ladies siggy on another site, she had 5 boys then 3 girls! So a complete switch! That could be you in a few years time!!:bigsmile:

zanacal
August 6th, 2011, 05:42 PM
I was talking to my mum today and she told me (because I always forget!) that my Great Grandmother had 9 children, 6 girls and 3 boys, I'm trying to find the birth order now without sounding like I'm doing a project!!

Princess of Pink
August 6th, 2011, 05:46 PM
:giggle: That so sounds like me!! I took the girls to movieworld yesterday and OMG there was at least 6 families there that had 4+ girls which you just don't see often. I had to physically stop myself from going up to one pregnant lady who had 5 girls (all dressed alike which was freaky looking) and asking her what the gender of her baby was!! I'm such a freak!! :giggle:

ELP...how cool would that be!!!

ELP
August 6th, 2011, 05:52 PM
I was talking to my mum today and she told me (because I always forget!) that my Great Grandmother had 9 children, 6 girls and 3 boys, I'm trying to find the birth order now without sounding like I'm doing a project!!
Zani, tell her your doing your family tree on the internet using one of those sites!!

ELP
August 6th, 2011, 05:53 PM
:giggle: That so sounds like me!! I took the girls to movieworld yesterday and OMG there was at least 6 families there that had 4+ girls which you just don't see often. I had to physically stop myself from going up to one pregnant lady who had 5 girls (all dressed alike which was freaky looking) and asking her what the gender of her baby was!! I'm such a freak!! :giggle:

ELP...how cool would that be!!!

I wonder what the baby was!!! I want to know:rofl: Your gonna have to keep your eye out for her and find out for us:bigsmile: Stalker stylee!!!!:rofl:

Princess of Pink
August 6th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I know! We were waiting in line for a ride with our girls together. I kept going to turn around and ask....but I kept thinking of how everyone with one gender hates people making comments and asking questions...so I got scared she might knock me out :fight:

shouldihope?
August 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
That lady is just plain creepy looking.

XXdreaming
August 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Haha I know what you mean when I was pregnant with ds4 I felt like everyone hunted down the pregnant lady with 3 boys just to see what I was having lol I got hit like 5 times in one store lol and that's the only thing that stopped me from asking this lady a couple of months ago I saw in walmart with 7 boys that were like stair steps falling their mom and she was pregnant, I wanted to ask her so bad what she was having but figured if I would get slapped lol

Yuzu
August 6th, 2011, 10:24 PM
That lady is just plain creepy looking.
I'm soooo glad I wasn't the only person who thought so!

XXdreaming
August 6th, 2011, 10:26 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2013309/Pregnant-15-daughter-Britains-prolific-single-mother-And-course-shes-benefits--just-like-mum.html

Entertaining article about a woman in the UK who is living off the state with her 14 children, but look at the gender ratio 9 out of the last 11 girls?? Not sure about the 1st 3, I'll have to read it a bit more!

11 girls 3 boys, I wonder what the factors were here???

Wow on how many girls, all from one man, and little OT but no wonder the 15yr old is pregnant she is very boobilicous there, I don't have daughters but if I did and she wouldn't be wearing something so low cut, and definitely not for the world to see lol

shouldihope?
August 7th, 2011, 12:01 AM
Boobilicious that is too funny!

Zivic-Bubac
August 7th, 2011, 08:42 AM
My friends mother comes from a family of 9 girls. She and ALL her sisters had either pigeon pair or 1 boy. My friend is from the pigeon pair family LOL!

sixhappysons
August 7th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Haha I know what you mean when I was pregnant with ds4 I felt like everyone hunted down the pregnant lady with 3 boys just to see what I was having lol I got hit like 5 times in one store lol and that's the only thing that stopped me from asking this lady a couple of months ago I saw in walmart with 7 boys that were like stair steps falling their mom and she was pregnant, I wanted to ask her so bad what she was having but figured if I would get slapped lol
I'm not the only crazy loon out there then!! :D

queen-of-harts
August 7th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I'm soooo glad I wasn't the only person who thought so!

I was thinking the same thing!

XXdreaming
August 7th, 2011, 08:11 PM
I'm not the only crazy loon out there then!! :D

You're not a crazy loon lol I would have 6 or 7 if dh would let me, shoot I would keep going until I got a girl if dh would let me lol(even if it was 12 boys later lol) I could call TLC and get a contract to film my life lol to help afford them all lol I honestly think that would be more interesting than the duggars imo, I would watch just to see if this one was their girl (or boy) they are trying for, you know? I think everybody would be on the edge of their seat, family of 9 boys and mom pregnant again is this her little girl? Must watch the entire season to find out lol

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2011, 09:33 AM
You're not a crazy loon lol I would have 6 or 7 if dh would let me, shoot I would keep going until I got a girl if dh would let me lol(even if it was 12 boys later lol) I could call TLC and get a contract to film my life lol to help afford them all lol I honestly think that would be more interesting than the duggars imo, I would watch just to see if this one was their girl (or boy) they are trying for, you know? I think everybody would be on the edge of their seat, family of 9 boys and mom pregnant again is this her little girl? Must watch the entire season to find out lol

OMG that is actually an awesome idea for a show! Much more interesting than J and K + 8.

atomic sagebrush
August 8th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Pip, I've just seen a ladies siggy on another site, she had 5 boys then 3 girls! So a complete switch! That could be you in a few years time!!:bigsmile:

The Duggars also have a string of 5 or 6 boys and then 4 girls afterwards.

My great grandma had 6 girls and then 2 boys!! It does happen!

fourblessings
August 8th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Yes it does. An ex boyfriend of mine came from a family of 5 girls then 5 boys in that order. He was boy no 3.

Princess of Pink
August 8th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Wow that is so cool. I could even up my family and have 5 boys next. I think 6 is probably my limit though.

DoulaMama
August 12th, 2011, 08:59 PM
On the topic of gender....my grandma had 6 boys and 1 girl. She had my dad, a late m/c(boy), my uncle, late m/c(boy), another uncle, and one more late m/c(boy). She actively ttc all 6 of them. Her last baby was an oops baby during a very hard time in their lives. They had no money and ate a lot of bread. It happened to be a girl who she lost at 20wks. My grandma thinks that she has genetic issues which is why she lost all those babies. The last m/c was when she was 40yo. Sorry for the sad story.....I just found this out not too long ago and wanted to share.

Flava
August 12th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Omg she looks just like her mom! And what's up with she is telling them to use protections? At 15??? What about don't have sex and so on? My DD1 is 14 next month and she is so different from this girl TG!
Oh yeah the mom look like the witch from Hansel and Gretel.

Zivic-Bubac
August 13th, 2011, 02:56 AM
Oh yeah the mom look like the witch from Hansel and Gretel.Exactly what I thought! :rofl:

atomic sagebrush
August 13th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Omg she looks just like her mom! And what's up with she is telling them to use protections? At 15??? What about don't have sex and so on? My DD1 is 14 next month and she is so different from this girl TG!
Oh yeah the mom look like the witch from Hansel and Gretel.

Haha, she is eating so much candy, that's why she's having all those girls!!! ya gotta eat PROTEIN with your carbs lady!

I just read about a parrot that had 20 boys in a row and then 13 girls in a row!!

And I forgot to mention my husband's grandma had 5 boys (lost one) and then one girl at the end.

queen-of-harts
August 13th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Haha, she is eating so much candy, that's why she's having all those girls!!! ya gotta eat PROTEIN with your carbs lady!

I just read about a parrot that had 20 boys in a row and then 13 girls in a row!!

And I forgot to mention my husband's grandma had 5 boys (lost one) and then one girl at the end.

Like a parrot bird? im confused lol

ELP
August 14th, 2011, 04:56 AM

And I forgot to mention my husband's grandma had 5 boys (lost one) and then one girl at the end.Thats what it is!! It's that flamin gingerbread house she lives in, eureka!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

But seriously, I reckon tat the mum/gran is quite a vain looking woman and I bet she eats very little to try and stay slim. I reckon she's a heavy smoker and lives of coffee with the odd half a slice of toast thrown in!

atomic sagebrush
August 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Like a parrot bird? im confused lol

Yes, a parrot in the zoo. Random I know but this particular type of parrot has one offspring at a time and is considered somewhat analogous to humans in that respect (most birds have 2-7 offspring at a time.)

atomic sagebrush
August 14th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Thats what it is!! It's that flamin gingerbread house she lives in, eureka!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

But seriously, I reckon tat the mum/gran is quite a vain looking woman and I bet she eats very little to try and stay slim. I reckon she's a heavy smoker and lives of coffee with the odd half a slice of toast thrown in!

LOL! ;)

fresas
August 24th, 2011, 06:29 AM
My mouth dropped open when I read that article. I'm pretty sure I caught a fly or two in there. There are so many things that are so wrong about that story. I don't even know where to start.

My husband comes from a large family. We don't know much about his paternal side. We think his biological father came from a family of 3 boys and 3 girls. We don't know about his paternal grandparents.

His biological mother had 3 boys and 2 girls in total. 2 of the five (my husband and his half sister) are both from separate fathers.

My husband's maternal grandmother had 6 boys and 6 girls all mixed, not in that order. I think the first two children are boy then girl though.

My paternal great grandmother had 1 girl and twin boys. My paternal grandmother had 2 boys and 2 girls. My father has me and 2 boys.

I don't know about my maternal great grandmother because my grandmother was adopted, but we're pretty sure she just had 1 boy and 1 girl (my grandmother). My maternal grandmother had 2 girls.

That leaves me and my husband with two boys. In his family, it is unusual to have two children of the same sex in a row though. All of his aunts and uncles have ALWAYS had girl then boy or boy then girl.

However, in my husband's generation, 3 of the males including my husband have all boys. His youngest uncle has 3 boys. His cousin has 3 boys. None of the other cousins or uncles/aunts have that. We have 2 boys. I would like to break that pattern. :D

rainbowflower
August 24th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Interesting family...!

agree that the mum looks a bit scary looking

(and am I the only one to notice the absence of anything green/healthy looking on those plates - if that's what she eats maybe that's why she has mainly girls?)

oh, and I LOVE the Duggars - really enjoy watching their show lol

Aqua
August 30th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Yuck.. the mom looks like a freak and her every older daughter has had a teenage pregnancy. How abt teaching to stand up on thieir feet or give them self esteem instead of asking them to use contracentives! Its like she is ok with them having sex at whatever age.
She is like the octomom (with 14 kids) of UK! What is she teaching her kids? Don't have to work, just reproduce and get money from the govt. I get so pi..sed off when I come across non disabled people getting benifits for no reason.

mummyof3boys
September 8th, 2011, 07:15 AM
wow 14 kiddies!!!! and 11 of any gender would be hard!! lol i no a mum 1st girl 2nd boy then 4 girls all same daddy

Then also a mummy who had 4 boys and did the switch and followed with 3 girls mmmm how many to have to see if that will happen to me LOL

zanacal
September 8th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Then also a mummy who had 4 boys and did the switch and followed with 3 girls mmmm how many to have to see if that will happen to me LOL

It's funny isn't it - if we have 4 boys I imagine our opinion will be that we 'just don't make girls' but who's to know if we wouldn't have had half a dozen of them if it weren't for the modern wonders of contraception! 4 is definitely our limit so we'd never know - actually I suspect 3 was our limit but we've got to try!!