PDA

View Full Version : Olive Leaf Extract for DH

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 31st, 2015, 04:56 PM
For swaying pink... Do we just follow the label? Every day or does he need a break? I got one that is 500mg that instructs 1-2 x daily. Any advice is appreciated as I couldn't find a "scrip" in any of the forums....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maidentomother
March 31st, 2015, 05:06 PM
I think most taking 500mg twice daily. That's what DF is doing.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 31st, 2015, 05:34 PM
Thanks maiden

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 31st, 2015, 05:35 PM
I think most taking 500mg twice daily. That's what DF is doing.

And right through, daily, or do they need to take breaks?

maidentomother
March 31st, 2015, 06:37 PM
All the time, continously, no breaks.

Pbn3
March 31st, 2015, 07:26 PM
Maiden can I jump in here and ask question? Dh is taking two of these a day which if I'm reading right means 6000mg!!! Each tablet contains 3g (3000mg) can dh take to much ole. Or Atomic if you see this can you chime in? Got these at a pharmacy in Australia and followed the directions 1-2 dailyhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/31/76fad308693d813cc6ca6f042267335b.jpg

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 31st, 2015, 07:38 PM
Wow!!! Ya are yours normal and mine are weak?

ImmiNAddi
March 31st, 2015, 07:42 PM
I also have these ones and hubby is taking the 2 a day... Following to see answers :)

smarston3
March 31st, 2015, 07:45 PM
Mine is taking 1000mg but takes both pills at once..wonder if it makes a difference?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 31st, 2015, 07:49 PM
I also have these ones and hubby is taking the 2 a day... Following to see answers :)

The ole on 'roids ? Lol

Hitmebabyonemoretime
March 31st, 2015, 07:51 PM
I hope what I got is good bc hubby hates taking pills and if i switch hell wonder what on earth im doing to him!

covered in blue
March 31st, 2015, 07:53 PM
My plan says 500-1000mg. DH is taking 2x400mg a day in one go.

aussiesmiler
March 31st, 2015, 07:58 PM
Pbn3, DH took 2 of those exact tablets a day but that was after I got my BFP because he wasn't at all keen on the taste of the liquid form (exact same brand) but I had read somewhere (can't remember where and probably not to be read into) that the liquid form was better. That was to be 15ml's a day but I measured it out and would usually pour 20ml's and listen to him complain each time that I'd poured too much :-))) Had to up the ante as much as I could because we were going HT and it's not cheap doing so from here so I/we were giving it our all. DH was a star and took it religiously every single day, without fail once.

Who knows if it worked, but I'm having a girl (oops baby), 2 scans and Panorama test confirmed, but I still can't bring myself to shop for pink! I will muster up the couage to do so.....eventually!

Pbn3
March 31st, 2015, 08:00 PM
I just checked my plan again and said to follow label for wet ole 500-1000mg for dry. Darn it lol! Guess I'll be doing a trip back to chemist today :(

Pbn3
March 31st, 2015, 08:06 PM
Pbn3, DH took 2 of those exact tablets a day but that was after I got my BFP because he wasn't at all keen on the taste of the liquid form (exact same brand) but I had read somewhere (can't remember where and probably not to be read into) that the liquid form was better. That was to be 15ml's a day but I measured it out and would usually pour 20ml's and listen to him complain each time that I'd poured too much :-))) Had to up the ante as much as I could because we were going HT and it's not cheap doing so from here so I/we were giving it our all. DH was a star and took it religiously every single day, without fail once.

Who knows if it worked, but I'm having a girl (oops baby), 2 scans and Panorama test confirmed, but I still can't bring myself to shop for pink! I will muster up the couage to do so.....eventually!
Hi Aussiesmiler! Dh has said he would not like the liquid one at all and doesn't really want to try it. I'm just happy he's on board so will try to find the lower dose tablets. Gee I'm glad this was brought up I never really thought to look just grabbed the bottle off the shelf and away I went :) congrats again on your girl and done with an oops lol it really must have meant to be!!!

Pbn3
March 31st, 2015, 08:10 PM
I hope what I got is good bc hubby hates taking pills and if i switch hell wonder what on earth im doing to him!

I'm just glad you asked the question!!! Didn't even give it a thought when I bought them and only checked (properly) after I seen your post :)

aussiesmiler
March 31st, 2015, 08:12 PM
Funnily enough DH liked it to start with but after about a month I think he was a little over it because it is quite strong, although I've had a sip and found it to be fine but possibly would feel the same way too 3mths down the track. There are soooooo many to choose from at Chemist Warehouse that I think in stood there looking at bottles and dosage until I was cross eyed!

Thank you :-)) and everything crossed for you and everyone on here!!

Pbn3
April 1st, 2015, 03:57 AM
My plan says 500-1000mg. DH is taking 2x400mg a day in one go.
Hi covered in blue. Are you in Australia? I went to the chemist earlier and could not find ole in any smaller doses than 2400mg per tablet. Am going to try a larger chemist tomorrow just wondering what brand you have and where you got it from? Thank you!

maidentomother
April 1st, 2015, 06:01 AM
I've seen some, mostly HT ladies, mention taking higher doses of OLE though they didn't specify. The thing about plant extracts is they come in different concentrations/strengths so a super concentrated 500mg capsule may contain as much or more active compounds than a not so concentrated 3000mg capsule. I'd just buy a reputable brand and take the max dose recommended on the bottle. So no need to return!

Pbn3
April 1st, 2015, 06:21 AM
I've seen some, mostly HT ladies, mention taking higher doses of OLE though they didn't specify. The thing about plant extracts is they come in different concentrations/strengths so a super concentrated 500mg capsule may contain as much or more active compounds than a not so concentrated 3000mg capsule. I'd just buy a reputable brand and take the max dose recommended on the bottle. So no need to return!
Thanks Maiden! I'll have dh finish this bottle and see what I can get for next one when the time comes :)

Hitmebabyonemoretime
April 1st, 2015, 02:45 PM
That's a good plan :)

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2015, 07:21 PM
500-1000 mg daily starting right away and continuing thru BFP, then gradually wean off.

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2015, 07:23 PM
Maiden can I jump in here and ask question? Dh is taking two of these a day which if I'm reading right means 6000mg!!! Each tablet contains 3g (3000mg) can dh take to much ole. Or Atomic if you see this can you chime in? Got these at a pharmacy in Australia and followed the directions 1-2 dailyhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/31/76fad308693d813cc6ca6f042267335b.jpg

We have had occasional issues with strange dosing from Aussie herb companies.

I think that kind is strongly formulated as a cold remedy and would not be taken constantly. I would not give that to DH and would find a different dose. That is way too much and YES any herb can be harmful at megadoses.

Pbn3
April 2nd, 2015, 07:25 PM
We have had occasional issues with strange dosing from Aussie herb companies.

I think that kind is strongly formulated as a cold remedy and would not be taken constantly. I would not give that to DH and would find a different dose. That is way too much and YES any herb can be harmful at megadoses.
Thanks Atomic! Will get online if I cant source in town :)

Pbn3
April 2nd, 2015, 07:26 PM
Groovynae can you confirm you seen this as you mentioned you have same one I do :)

atomic sagebrush
April 2nd, 2015, 07:30 PM

Yes exactly. This is what seems to be the case with many Australian herbal companies is that they use some different way of formulating or calculating the strenght so it ends up sounding like it is much higher, but really it is identical. Most of the time, if you follow the directions ON THE BOTTLE and it is a name brand product, it is ok.

My concern with the 3000 is that I believe it is meant for short term use for colds/infections and not to be used day after day for possibly months on end. So my thinking is that those should not be used (well, certainly could save for their desired intent, of course) and the 500-1000 is safer.

ImmiNAddi
April 2nd, 2015, 07:33 PM
Groovynae can you confirm you seen this as you mentioned you have same one I do :)

Have just seen this..... Bummer...... Will have to look for a different one also. He has been on it for about a month or more now....Oops!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
April 2nd, 2015, 09:42 PM
Thanks atomic - im just going to have him take 2 of the 500 at night bc he will not remember in the morning. No chance of it. I even sent him a text and he still forgot lol

eleena2014
April 4th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Grrr. What do we do. Before my miscarriage last year df was taking cranberry pills and LR. The LR didn't agree with him so we were meant to be trying ole this time. He has been taking them since Jan and he said they don't agree with him either. They give him really bad tummy pains. So he has been taking them on and off which isn't really going to do anything is it? He's on the lowest dose. 500mg capsule

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2015, 02:42 PM
Olive leaf is meant as a substitute for cranbery, not licorice root.

Is he taking both cranberry and olive leaf?? IF so he needs to stop the cranberry right away.

I would try giving it only every other day or every two days to see if he tolerates it better. And drop the cran.

eleena2014
April 4th, 2015, 02:44 PM
No he's not taking cranberry. So is every other day ok? Would it still have an effect?

atomic sagebrush
April 4th, 2015, 02:59 PM
I do not have the data to be able to answer that question. But, it is going to help more than not taking it, if in fact OLE does anything. We honestly don't know.

Hitmebabyonemoretime
April 6th, 2015, 01:39 PM
Olive leaf is meant as a substitute for cranbery, not licorice root.

Is he taking both cranberry and olive leaf?? IF so he needs to stop the cranberry right away.

I would try giving it only every other day or every two days to see if he tolerates it better. And drop the cran.

I don't know why I thought it was to replace LR too.... I'm not sure where I came up with that, maybe just because It seems
It's one or the other when I read these ladies sways? My DH is def too old for LR right? (40yrs)

Pbn3
April 6th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Sorry to rehash over this again but I cannot find even an online pharmacy in Australia that sells ole in 500-1000mg dosage. I've gone to three health shops and at least 12 chemists both in my home town and even a small city/large town 100kms away!!! So today I rang olea (olive leaf extract Australia) a company that grows and produces their own ole and am more confused than ever. I basically told her I was after a dose that was preventative not treatment that could be safely taken daily. She seemed to think I was confusing the dose amount through the grams of actual olive leaf with oleuropein amount??? So I looked again at the dosage amount on the capsules I've got an they staye a maintenance level of 1-2 a day and treatment amount of 5-6 a day!! Maybe our level/dosage amounts are just recorded differently? Attached two photos showing dosage recommendations and ingredients in the hope someone in usa can check theirs to see if they coincide? Maybe we just use more leaf here to get the equivalent oleuropein amount? Otherwise I'll try convince dh to jist try the liquid but I'm wondering will the liquid amounts be the same as the tablets and seem high???? I just can't understand how our levels here in aus can be sooo much higher!!!!! Thanks ladies my dh really does want to feel like he's contributing to sway as we wont be changing his diet much. Maybe in the month prior to ttc he'll lessen red meat amount and go vegetarian in 7 days prior and he'll start on soy milk 8 weeks out.

Pbn3
April 6th, 2015, 11:14 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/06/20bbffb93107b00f92a8b4ea5a19a587.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/06/5fb4591401348ac2f20f360a0e12540c.jpg

Hitmebabyonemoretime
April 7th, 2015, 09:47 AM
Ya mine is 500mg (15%)oleuropein yours is just high strength I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/7d482ce5a0317570f72c3bd423023ff0.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/1fbb29cbbfbf69ca6c41413fd1b2d8f9.jpg

Pbn3
April 7th, 2015, 04:12 PM
Thanks hitme thinking I'll have to order from overseas. Haven't checked ebay yet so might do that today :)

Hitmebabyonemoretime
April 7th, 2015, 04:33 PM
Let me know what you find out.

Pbn3
April 7th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Let me know what you find out.

Found these on ebay supplied in Australia, can't believe I didn't think of ebay sooner!!!http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/c6b4fa4731528c84590a4ab642b8aaac.jpg

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2015, 05:16 PM
I don't know why I thought it was to replace LR too.... I'm not sure where I came up with that, maybe just because It seems
It's one or the other when I read these ladies sways? My DH is def too old for LR right? (40yrs)

I usually stop using it at 40 unless people insist. If you insist, you can give it to him but take his blood prssure and only if he's in great health.

atomic sagebrush
April 7th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Sorry to rehash over this again but I cannot find even an online pharmacy in Australia that sells ole in 500-1000mg dosage. I've gone to three health shops and at least 12 chemists both in my home town and even a small city/large town 100kms away!!! So today I rang olea (olive leaf extract Australia) a company that grows and produces their own ole and am more confused than ever. I basically told her I was after a dose that was preventative not treatment that could be safely taken daily. She seemed to think I was confusing the dose amount through the grams of actual olive leaf with oleuropein amount??? So I looked again at the dosage amount on the capsules I've got an they staye a maintenance level of 1-2 a day and treatment amount of 5-6 a day!! Maybe our level/dosage amounts are just recorded differently? Attached two photos showing dosage recommendations and ingredients in the hope someone in usa can check theirs to see if they coincide? Maybe we just use more leaf here to get the equivalent oleuropein amount? Otherwise I'll try convince dh to jist try the liquid but I'm wondering will the liquid amounts be the same as the tablets and seem high???? I just can't understand how our levels here in aus can be sooo much higher!!!!! Thanks ladies my dh really does want to feel like he's contributing to sway as we wont be changing his diet much. Maybe in the month prior to ttc he'll lessen red meat amount and go vegetarian in 7 days prior and he'll start on soy milk 8 weeks out.

Like I said that seems to be some kind of ongoing difference with the Aussie companies (not only on OLE either) I agree it makes the most sense given the dosing guidelines that 1-2 is fine.

ImmiNAddi
April 7th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Found these on ebay supplied in Australia, can't believe I didn't think of ebay sooner!!!http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/04/07/c6b4fa4731528c84590a4ab642b8aaac.jpg

Hi Pbn3 - how much were they incl postage? Are you going to just get DH to finish the strong ones first then move onto these? Or straight onto these? Thanks

Pbn3
April 7th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Hi groovynae they are $24.50 free postage and there's heaps on there 60 or 120 capsules all similarly priced :) I'm going to have dh take just one a day of the strong ones until ebay ones arrive. See how the oleuropein says 75mg (equivalent 15%) yet is only 500mg of leaf yet the ones we are using have only 50mg equivalent oleuropein but with 3000mg of leaf...... confusing much lol. I'm just happy I can order what everyone else seems to be using :).

ImmiNAddi
April 8th, 2015, 03:39 AM
I think I will just use up the ones we have first, then if need be I will get these ones. Hubby is happy taking them as he likes the other benefits that they claim to help, the aching joints and lower blood pressure etc... poor old man, a whole 38 years, listening to him you would think he was 68!

skillet04
April 15th, 2015, 05:26 AM
That's a good plan :)

Argh sensitive ipad mini! I didn't dislike this post....don't know how to undo....oops

atomic sagebrush
April 17th, 2015, 02:24 PM
Tons of us have done that skillet! No worries.