PDA

View Full Version : Mom of 6 boys at her gender reveal party

hanseer
April 9th, 2015, 04:30 PM
This cracked me up!

Mother of 6 boys flips out when she discovers she's having a girl (http://mashable.com/2015/04/09/mom-gender-reveal/?utm_cid=mash-com-fb-main-link)

Pink dreams
April 9th, 2015, 04:34 PM
So cute!

smarston3
April 9th, 2015, 05:15 PM
I just cried..I wish we could all experience that joy of our DG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Linzshine32
April 9th, 2015, 05:45 PM
This is the best!!

ImmiNAddi
April 9th, 2015, 05:50 PM
WoW! I have tingles!! One day.... one day...... :HH:

LittleBabyJones
April 9th, 2015, 05:52 PM
<3

trifecta
April 9th, 2015, 11:16 PM
She definitely didn't see that coming!

motherofboys
April 10th, 2015, 08:20 AM
I actually don't like it. I know I'm probably being weird but the wording "let that sink in for a moment 6 boys" and "knows the struggles" like 6 boys is an awful thing to have. And then to reveal in front of everyone including the boys and her react like that. Surely at least her older boys must feel like she'd have been sad if it was a boy and that it being a girl is so much better than it being a boy. It just kinda makes me feel like it's another things saying how girls are more desired than boys.
I know I want a girl, but I hate that the whole of society seems to have this thing about it being better to get a girl than a boy. Even for your first baby. Let's all pity the people with more than 1 boy and no girl.
It's ok I know I'm just a spoil sport lol

True Blue
April 10th, 2015, 08:31 AM
Motherofboys I get the opposite - when I announced DD's 5&6 respectively I got "oh well" "at least they're healthy" "your poor DH & DS's with all those girls"
I could keep going on.

People are never happy - it amazes me the need to comment at all especially negatively.

motherofboys
April 10th, 2015, 08:41 AM
I've honestly had it since ds1. When I announced he was a boy (which although I didn't mind too much either way I did have a slight preference for a boy first) I was immediately met with "are you disappointed?" I've had people tell me outright that girls have a higher value than boys and are just plain better and more important!
I know people are negative about it both ways and I'd dislike it as much if it were a mum of all girls finding out she was having a boy.
I guess it's just the place I am at in this journey right now.

XXforhubby
April 10th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Well I thought her reaction was priceless! I do agree though about people verbally expressing boys are handfuls or asking if we are trying for a girl next. The one that gets me is you're husband must be happy! I usually say, actually I am! I always wanted boys! I love their energy and trust me, in a few years I'll have plenty of girls in my life! That shuts them up. It's completely true. I have always wanted boys. I just feel badly for my DH who has always wanted a DD. He loves our boys to pieces, but I think sometimes how it would be if the shoe was on the other foot- it stings. So I swayed my damned hardest for DH- so hard I ended up changing my personality from being on a version of the LE diet for 12 months and the cardio. My God the cardio. I'm a weight girl and view cardio as a means to an end. But I did it. I did everything that mattered- for him. The thought of me never having a DS, well you get it- I gave it my all for DH.

sc1411
April 10th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I also cried seeing her reaction. Her dream came true, I'm so happy for her! I really don't think she "offended" boys with her reaction. Everyone who has a kid knows that you love them more than anything regardless of the gender.

XX, totally understand you about people commenting:hair: Why the lady at the restaurant whom I see for the first time has to emphasize, "Oh, I bet you will try for a boy next time." Even if I will it is not her business. Or even if I will ever get my boy it is still not her business!

Rosie85
April 10th, 2015, 10:15 AM
I dont think there is anything to read into. Her reaction is normal because it is a change after 6 boys. She likely assumed it was another boy...she wouldn't get pregnant not being okay with that. She had a normal human reaction and i don't see anything wrong with it. Would it be better if she were stoic about it??

motherofboys
April 10th, 2015, 10:57 AM
People with kids know you love your kids no matter what, but I remember being a kid a feeling like one of my brothers was the favourite, and I was bottom of the pile because I was just a girl, who would never be as good as a boy. So I know that to show a child any kind of preference over gender can make them feel like they wasn't wanted because they were the wrong gender. I don't think a reveal in front of everyone is a good idea because then you don't have to worry about your reaction at all. I don't think it would be better to be unresponsive but it all looked over dramatised. Staggering backwards and falling over and everything.
Like I say that's just the place I'm in at the moment, I'm struggling with it all, and I'm bitter about the fact that child abusers get daughters but I don't. I would never ever let on to anyone outside of the forums that I wanted a girl, especially not enough to sway, because I've had my boys devalued enough by other people and people already assume that any more than 2 boys you've just kept going to get a girl, and that your boys are disappointments and second prize. So why would I tell someone that I did want a girl and (in their mind) confirm that for them?
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion on it, and I can't control how I feel on the matter. I didn't chose to feel this way, and I'd love to see it as black and white as yay she got her girl. But I know people who have had girls after a few boys and all they do is sl*g their boys off and rant on Facebook about how they are "such little sh*ts" and how their daughter is their "perfect princess" who they "could never ever tell off even when she's naughty because she's my little girl".

fiveboys
April 10th, 2015, 12:39 PM
I think I would have fainted lol... and then cried with joy...all my kids know theyr priceless and they would be just as happy with having a sister. ..fx for all of us xxx

Rosie85
April 10th, 2015, 02:04 PM
Im def not revealing in front of anyone but my doc and husband when it pops out. I will cry no matter what but they will look like tears of joy if its another boy. I quite dislike all of this gender reveal hulabaloo myself but i just thought her reaction was normal. If she is smart she will have another kid to show everyone she wasnt just going til she got a girl.

True Blue
April 10th, 2015, 02:17 PM
Having a girl last was my plan 4 babies ago had I managed to have a boy :)

I can't bear that people will say that we kept trying for a boy, and they will.

motherofboys
April 10th, 2015, 02:20 PM
Maybe it's just because I'm not that type of person. I didn't cry when I got married, I was actually embarrassed that dh did. I didn't cry when any of my boys were born. I don't do big reactions, and I always think people who do are playing on it. I'm far too sceptical, I mean I think 1st, 2nd and even 3rd babies I can understand a gender reveal, but 7th baby, after 6 of the same. If you truly thought it would be another boy there wouldn't be a huge gender reveal to be done, you'd just find out at the scan or birth. So you must have a suspicion it's a girl to even do a gender reveal. I wasn't even going to bother finding out with number 4 because I knew he'd be a boy but found out just to prove dh wrong (again)

motherofboys
April 10th, 2015, 05:56 PM
I didn't see your comment true blue. I always liked the idea of starting and finishing with a boy anyway, and a girl or two in the middle. But after I had 3 boys and dh cut our limit from 6 babies to 5 I really wanted number 4 to be a girl so I could then have a boy last. Didn't work out obviously. But I reckon now that even if I'd had a girl followed by a boy people would say I was trying to get her a sister so guess you can't win anyway

True Blue
April 10th, 2015, 06:03 PM
That's very true!

Rosie85
April 10th, 2015, 06:27 PM
Ha yeah...that is true. People would assume the sister thing. So annoying!! Our number is 4...has been for a long time. No matter the genders. People ask me if we will go until we get a girl...ummm no we will go until we have 4 . period.

XXforhubby
April 10th, 2015, 07:44 PM
Ha yeah...that is true. People would assume the sister thing. So annoying!! Our number is 4...has been for a long time. No matter the genders. People ask me if we will go until we get a girl...ummm no we will go until we have 4 . period.

We are the same way, except our number is 3. Since I am already pregnant with baby #3, and I am 35 (I will be 36 when this one is born) we are going to be done. It took me so long to conceive this one, and I don't have a desire to go through that roller coaster again. 3 is it!!

motherofboys
April 11th, 2015, 04:39 AM
From what I hear even when you have a pp and go for a 3rd people have to comment. Why would you want another when you have 1 of each? Because obviously the only reason to have babies is to get both genders and then you're done.

atomic sagebrush
April 12th, 2015, 12:55 PM
What I think is that people feel like they have to say something, and when we're in it, it probably rubs us the wrong way no matter what. Personally, I always liked it when people assumed I wanted a girl, it felt a heck of a lot better to me than when they were like "well you should have just been satisfied with 2 boys, it doesn't matter, yadda yadda yadda."

My mom innocently posted this on my FB page and it really annoyed me (not the video, that she posted it.) She didn't mean anything by it, just bugged me, IKYKIWM. But, of course people would think of me right away.

My boys have always been pretty cool with the GD. Since mine were teens/adults while all this was going on I felt like I had a handle on their real feelings and they never took it personally. They were glad I got a girl in the end. :)

True Blue
April 12th, 2015, 04:21 PM
I've known a few same gender sibling families where the siblings have GD :) they will happily tell you I hope Mom gets a boy this time or I hope we get a sister :)