PDA

View Full Version : Word Names for a Girl

XXforhubby
April 11th, 2015, 09:07 AM
We don't know gender currently, but we have a name picked out for a DS. I really want a word name for a DD, since my first name is also a word. DH likes one I have proposed (I almost died! It took us 8 mo with both boys!), but I am saving the other name until we know for sure. I REALLY like it, and I don't want him to nix it because he is not in the mood to discuss names. The ones I like so far are:

Noelle (I'm due in December)
Honor

Any other suggestions? Thanks ladies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sweetdream
April 11th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Faith
Hope
Willow

mommymachine
April 11th, 2015, 11:44 AM
The name we are thinking of if we have another girl is Ember. DH really likes Amber, and has for the past 8 years...but I never liked it. We both really like Ember though.

Also, I think Noelle is beautiful for a little December girl.

True Blue
April 11th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Holly :)

atomic sagebrush
April 11th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I know some ladies named Bliss and Echo and I think both of them are adorable names. I also like Clover, Meadow, Blossom, and Charity.

A celeb I like named his little girl Justice which is often a boys' name too but I really liked it.

Ugee
April 11th, 2015, 03:05 PM
I like Grace, Harmony, Honor, Holly (good for Christmas time too) ,Daisy, Skye, :)

Rosie85
April 12th, 2015, 01:22 AM
Penny, Poppy...those are two of my favs. Someone on here has a daughter named Lyric...very cute name.

BrightSky
April 12th, 2015, 01:26 AM
Nice name ideas. What about winter or sage

Dreamofpink
April 12th, 2015, 03:07 AM
I know of a lady with a dd called Snow. Unusual, but pretty. :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

bunnywabbit
April 12th, 2015, 03:21 AM
When in December are you due? On the off chance you should go over into January, I've seen the name January used a few times (Jani for short).

My friend called her DD Jasmine Scarlet. Jade is also a fairly popular one. Or how about Ebony or Pearl? There are also so many flowers - Violet, Rose, Lily, Daisy to name a few...

XXforhubby
April 12th, 2015, 02:42 PM
I'm due December 3rd. DH would like the flower/plant names. I'm surprised DH likes the idea of a word name for a DD. I guess he can't complain, because A) I have a word name, and B) he likes names that aren't too popular.

There is something about Noelle and Jade that I really like.

Honor is another one that I like. My name is close to Honor in meaning [emoji4].

QueenB3blue
April 12th, 2015, 06:20 PM
I love Noelle! I would have loved a December girl named that!! (But I will take a girl any month;)) Jade is lovely also.

Violet is another one;)

atomic sagebrush
April 13th, 2015, 11:02 AM
I always have liked the name Ginger and I think we're finally getting past the Gilligan's Island age group LOL. My adult sons don't even know what that show is.

Prairie is another more unusual name I have heard a couple times.

XXforhubby
April 13th, 2015, 11:26 AM
I love the name Ginger!

The Anchor
April 13th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I know of a lady with a dd called Snow. Unusual, but pretty. :)

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2

I love that, excellent name!

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 30th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Just to put it out there... My Gram was Ivy. It was my girls name picked out. Suits December due date, and is super classic. I'd love to see someone who has longed for a girl use it. My gram had 3 boys [emoji170][emoji170][emoji170]

XXforhubby
May 30th, 2015, 09:27 PM
I love the name Ivy. My husband worked with a difficult teacher named Ivy, which rules that name out unfortunately [emoji20].

I'm really liking Honor, since it's close to my first name in meaning (I too have a word name!). I'm trying to find any similar names but am struggling. I always come back to Honor!!

Any other suggestions?

Hitmebabyonemoretime
May 30th, 2015, 11:12 PM
If you keep coming back to Honor Maybe that's a sign!
All my Grams have been plant names lol
Well, my moms mom I can't remember her name but the. Her step mom was Lilly, and after she passed my gramps started dating Rose. I love the name Rose too.
My other girl name is June.

maidentomother
May 31st, 2015, 05:04 PM
I adore Noelle and Honor, also like Justice, Winter, January. I have others on my list which I'll PM you with my cream recipe - I haven't forgotten just been unable to get to my computer to PM - I can't on my tablet, annoyingly. I looooove word names!

atomic sagebrush
June 1st, 2015, 02:59 PM
Juniper

TaytumJ
June 10th, 2015, 12:15 PM
Just popped on this one and I saw a little girl named Pepper the other day! My heart melted - what a strong, spunky name for a DD!

I do love Ivy though - it's on my short list as well. [emoji166]

Hitmebabyonemoretime
June 10th, 2015, 03:23 PM
Pepper is so cute!

babymamaj
August 31st, 2015, 11:51 PM
Holli
I love it with an 'i' instead of 'y' though!

Atsaukina1
April 3rd, 2016, 10:43 AM
Great names.